Nieman Journalism Lab
By Nieman Journalism Lab
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This app from the Nieman Journalism Lab at Harvard University is the best way to keep up with what's happening with the future of journalism.
It brings you all the latest news from the Lab along with the best from around the web: new startups, innovation at established news organizations, and new ways to do great journalism online. The news is changing, and the Nieman Journalism Lab iPhone app is a great way to keep up with how.
- All the latest stories from the Lab's team of reporters and commentators, showing you what's new and vital in the new news ecosystem.
- Our popular Twitter feed, where we highlight the most interesting stories on the beat.
- Hot Links, an automated curated list of the most talked-about links in the future-of-news twitterverse. Find out what people are talking about.
- Check out the latest feeds from some of the best sources of journalism news, including Romenesko, CJR, Poynter, paidContent, and The New York Times, along with our Nieman sister publications Nieman Storyboard, Nieman Reports, and Nieman Watchdog.
- Search the Lab's archives to find out what we've written about any topic.
Useful app, unmatched content
The content is great, definitely the best source for both news and analysis on the journalism world. The app works from a utilitarian view, but design could be improved by placing the recommended stories at the end of an article so they don't take up so much space near the top. Deep linking from the email newsletter would also be nice. However this is one of the few apps that I use on a daily basis, and I like having the content so easily accessible.
Some apps are nothing more than RSS readers, but this one goes a bit further to provide additional functionality beyond just reading their articles. (which one can do from their website) Overall, enjoyable to use.
Great app and full of useful posts and thought provoking content. If you're interested in news/media and the issues surrounding these topics, you'll enjoy this app!