By Chris Wood
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NightCap Camera is a powerful app that takes amazing low light and night photos, videos and 4K time lapse. Long exposure produces beautiful photos in low light and unique Astronomy modes capture the stars, Northern Lights (Aurora) and more!
Do you find your photos and videos dark and grainy in low light? NightCap will help by unlocking the full potential of your iPhone or iPad's camera.
AI camera control makes it easy by automatically setting optimum focus and exposure for a brighter, clearer shot. All you need to do is hold steady and tap the shutter. If you prefer manual control then instant gesture based adjustment is always available, and special camera modes give you DSLR like results. You can even shoot photos, videos and time lapse in black and white if you want to.
Try Long Exposure mode for amazing motion blur effects and reduced image noise in low light. NightCap has an ISO Boost feature that allows 4x higher ISO than any other app, producing much brighter low light photos with low noise in Long Exposure mode!
Light Trails mode preserves moving lights - ideal for moving traffic at night, fireworks or light painting.
These modes are stunning when combined with HD or 4K time lapse!
There are 4 dedicated astrophotography camera modes. Stars Mode is ideal for a starry sky or Northern / Southern Lights (Aurora), or leave your device capturing in Star Trails Mode and watch the stars paint circles in the sky! There are also modes for easy photography of the International Space Station (ISS) and meteors (shooting stars).
Visit nightcapcamera.com for tutorials.
• Video recording with special Night Mode and full manual control.
• Time lapse recording with adjustable speed, long exposure and light trails support and up to 4K resolution on iPhone 6s or newer or 1080p HD on older devices.
• Aidie, a fully automatic AI camera operator chooses the optimum camera settings for you automatically, meaning brighter, clearer photos in low light with less risk of blurring the shot. All you need to do is hold steady and tap the shutter.
• AI enhanced focusing in very low light for fast, reliable focus.
• Automatic camera modes for Meteors (shooting stars), ISS (International Space Station), stars and star trails make these difficult tasks easy.
• Innovative manual camera controls designed for photographers: intuitive gesture-based control of exposure, ISO, focus and even white balance. Simply swipe to adjust.
• Long Exposure mode: Capture detailed, noise-free low light shots.
• Light Trails mode: Perfect for light painting and even astronomy: photograph star trails with unlimited exposure time!
• ISO Boost allows up to 4x higher ISO than any other app.
• Light Boost instantly boosts brightness while preserving image detail.
• Noise Reduction Mode helps reduce image noise.
• 8x Zoom control (camera-style for easy, smooth zoom).
• Full Apple Watch support with live preview and control of the main app features.
What's New in Version 9.0
NightCap Pro is now called NightCap Camera!
• Time Lapse: Record time lapse videos in 4K or HD, and combine with long exposure or light trails mode for incredible results. And Night Mode allows you to record stunning time lapse of the night sky.
• Black and white: Switch between colour and black and white at any time. Works with photo, video and time lapse.
• Full iPhone 7 Plus support: Quickly switch between back cameras.
• Accessibility: Full VoiceOver support for blind and visually impaired people.
• Improved Light Trails and Long Exposure modes.
• Longer video recording, better photo viewer, and more.
Love NightCap? Please leave a rating or review, it only takes a moment. If you left one previously, please update it so it shows again.
Best iPhone Astrophotography app out there!
Great for low light environments and astrophotography!
Please check focus for iPhone 7+
This is one of my favorite camera apps! It makes night cityscapes 10x better. Thanks for updating to have support for the 7+!!! I still use it off my 5s and the focus and sharpness is perfect. Please update focus for the 7 plus! Focus is still a bit off on the 7+ wide angle at 100 focus. Tele lens seems to work perfectly.
Used ISS mode and got a great shot 1st try.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: May 24, 2017
- Version: 9.0
- Size: 6.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Chris Wood
- © 2017 Interealtime
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.