#Featured on Mashable, ProductHunt, OcularPrime and many more: goo.gl/HlQxl5
NightTone makes your screen more comfortable, enjoyable and healthier by shifting the colors of your display to a warmer, eye-friendly palette. It makes you sleep and feel better.
It's perfect for everyone's health, especially for people with visual perception problems, light sensitivity or discomfort.
• The science behind the app
The monitor's blue light tricks our circadian rhythm (our natural body clock) into thinking that it’s daytime. It suppresses melatonin (that sends "time to sleep" cues) and builds up histamine that helps wake us up, boosts attention and reaction times. In other words, it resets that feeling of tiredness and hurts our sleep cycle.
Just remember: It's bad to be exposed to sleep-inhibiting blue light during the night.
• Predefined color pallets for common scenarios
- Warm orange for late working hours
- Soft black or inverted colors for dark rooms
- Noisy green for long text reading
- Silky blue for rooms with artificial light
- Tender white for movies night or dark photo work
- All colors are adjustable and can be changed to anything you are comfortable with
- Change the screen brightness and palette to warmer colors
- Configure the display to virtually any color you want
- Invert the screen's colors for better usage in very dark rooms
- Multiple monitors supported
- The app can active itself only during nights (and you can customize the activation hours)
- Start at login, schedule the app and forget it exists. Just enjoy the benefits
- Easy to use and there is absolutely no configuration required
We read your support emails every day, day by day.
Write with confidence any question, feedback or complain and you will receive an answer in a very short period of time.
• Bug fixes for multiple monitor setups
• Scheduling improvements (NightTone will go off in the morning even if you manually turned it on during the night)
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect for us Night Owls out there
Love the App! With the icon bar at the top, it makes it easy to turn on and off. Would recommend to a follow night dweller seeking eye ease in the dawn hours. Well worth the $2.99, save your eyes people and save plastic with not purcahsing a snap screen cover.
Finally, a color shift app that doesn’t mess with my color corrected profiles!
This app is almost the best. It just needs to add a transition to fade in gradually instead of an abrupt change.
I use six monitors that are all color corrected with my Spyder Elite 5. Flux would always mess up my monitor ICC profiles. This app doesn’t do that!
I’m going to use this instead of NightShift from Apple.
Excellent job Denk!!
It only took a minute to download and setup
High Sierra has night shift but it does not work on external non mac monitors. I googled and found a complicated work around, but for $3 I downloaded this and was instantly adjusted on all three enternal monitors.
I am running High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G65)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.