Nihonkiin Tsumego Master
By The Nihon Ki-in
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
'Tsumego Master' is the application of Tsumego which everyone can enjoy
from the complete beginners to dan players.
We recommend `Tsumego Master' to the following people:
- You want to start to play go, but do not know how to play the game.
- You are the beginner and cannot improve it well.
- You want to challenge Tsumego problems which are made by Pro players.
■Contents for Tsumego Problems
- To Complete Begineers
- Tsumego for Beginners
- Tsumego for Intermediate Kyu Players
- Tsumego for Kyu Players
- Tsumego for Dan Player or Higher
- Micro Tsumego: Ohashi Hirofumi 5 Dan Pro
- Simple Tsumego: Rin Kanketsu 7 Dan Pro
- Pearl Tsumego: Shinji Yamada 6 Dan Pro
- Higer level Tsumego: Toshimasa Adachi 2 Dan Pro
First, Just try some problems of each level for free!
And after you finsih above problems, you can get more problems if you pay.
Additional Tsumego problems will be released soon!!
・Tsumego Engine Function
It shows you not only an answer with the correct orders but also mistakable moves that
you are liable to be wrong.
・Zoom In and Out Function
You can zoom in or out 19×19 go board from the local to the whole board.
・Four Languages Available!!
Japanese, English, Chinese, Korean are available on the application.
What's New in Version 1.0.2
The Tsumego problem of full-fledged professional go player creation is newly added.
- Pearl Tsumego: Shinji Yamada 6p
- Higer level Tsumego: Toshimasa Adachi 2p
Covers up the solution
Wonderful program but it's biggest flaw is that as soon as you've solved the problem it covers up the board with the menu so you can no longer see the problem and it's solution. It would be great if it would not do this, especially as it's designed for learning,
Need iPad compatibility!
My major complaint about this app is that it is only for the iPhone. Most iPhone apps look like crap on the iPad when you use that "x2" button. Their goban and book apps are properly optimized for the iPad, why not this one. Thus it only gets 3 stars from me. Other reviewers have outlined what changes would make this a really great app, but the top of the list is make it universal please.
Ease of Study issues
Most of the quarrels I have with this app have been addressed in other reviews. The one that I haven't seen addressed I'll outline here:
I wish when I finished a workbook to simply go onto the next one and not have back out to the main list and reselect for the next workbook. It seems like such a small thing, but it disrupts the flow of my mind. When I am in the zone for solving problems, I want to stay there and not be distracted. I already bought all the problem sets and it is well worth the 20 odd dollars to have them all since the market for high level problem books in english is painfully small, but the app could use some tweaking to make it more study friendly. Oh, and feel free to keep adding new and harder problem sets.
- Category: Games
- Updated: May 02, 2012
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 11.4 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: The Nihon Kiin
- © 2011 The Nihon Ki-In. , ZOO Corporation.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Tsumego for Beginners$0.99
- Tsumego for Intermediate Kyu Players$0.99
- Tsumego for Sho-dan or higher$1.99
- Micro Tsumego: Ohashi Hirofumi 5p$2.99
- Simple Tsumego: Rin Kanketsu 7p$2.99
- Higer level Tsumego: Toshimasa Adachi 2p$2.99
- Pearl Tsumego: Shinji Yamada 6p$2.99