By Nike, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
When you upgrade your existing FuelBand account to the new FuelBand 2.0 app, it may take some time depending on connectivity and the amount of data you have. Sit tight, a green progress indicator will keep you updated on your progress. We want to make sure we don’t miss a single step.
To use this app, you'll need a Nike+ FuelBand and iOS 7.0 or above.
This app works for both FuelBand 1.0 and FuelBand SE.
For the FuelBand SE, an iPhone 4S or higher is required.
For the FuelBand 1.0, an iPhone 4 or higher is required.
Nike+ FuelBand is the smart, simple and fun way to get more active by measuring your everyday activity and turning it into NikeFuel. Your Nike+ FuelBand wirelessly connects to your app, allowing you to see your progress on your mobile device and get the motivation you need to get moving.
· View your progress against your goal broken down by week, month or year.
· Save all your information directly to your Nike+ profile online.
· Customize your device display, change the time and update your Daily Goal - straight from the app.
· Track NikeFuel and intensity for specific activities with Nike+ Sessions.*
· Your friends, family, trainer or coworkers help keep you motivated with Nike+ Groups.
· Stay active by enabling Move Reminders in your Device Settings that encourage you to Win the Hour.
· New trophies encourage you to stay active and give you bragging rights.
· Compete for the top slot on your Friend leaderboard.
· Share your day, photos and personal bests with your friends.
· Stay constantly connected to your app with Bluetooth 4.0.*
Need help? Get support at nikeplus.com/support.
* Nike+ Sessions and Bluetooth 4.0 are only available with Nike+ FuelBand SE.
What's New in Version 2.2
- New friend finding makes it easier and faster than ever to search and add your friends.
- Bug fixes and other improvements.
Used to work well
I agree with the reviewer who found the app worked perfectly until the update last fall to accommodate the new generation. I find I have to leave the app open for several minutes after syncing to make sure the activity page is fully loaded. If I try to do anything else on my phone until the activity page has fully loaded, the information does not register, even if it's been open for a while and the "today" page looks complete. The need for the lengthy connection just runs down the battery on my phone and the FuelBand, and I have to charge them both about twice as often as I used to. Also, unless I upload through a computer at least every couple of days, the website shows that my streak has broken, although the iPhone app shows that it has continued. I don't understand how the website and the iPhone can have totally different information, but they do – and Nike support has not been able to determine what's wrong. I pre-ordered the first FuelBand and got it the day it was released. When this band gives up, as I'm sure it will since it's my third one, I'm switching devices. I'm not willing to get the SE and just have another set of problems crop up a year later.
Started out as a gift. have had Nike issue me three of them.
Just this March 2014, I was using this (#3) first-generation FuelBand and I tried to sync it to my phone. I lost all of the data. I rebooted the app. Did not work. Instead my FuelBand tried to sync and drained battery. I trashed the app and reloaded this version. Did not work. I needed to reset my FuelBand.
But now I am missing months of information. And I am missing months. Like, February, jumps right into April. Like March does not even exist on the calendar.
I called Nike last week and sent the FuelBand back. This was already my third FuelBand that they sent because of problems with previous ones.
I am pretty tech savvy. But this is a bad piece of equipment.
Nike is giving me store credit. But I am reluctant to use it on another FuelBand SE.
Especially now that I see that the new FuelBand SE does not keep track of distance walked. It will not convert data to miles from the "steps" feature. This is obviously Nike's attempt to get us to buy other GPS monitor devices in their product line. Well, I am not going to buy something and put it in my sneaker.
I think my time with Nike is up.
Problems and weak support. No bueno.
Every piece of uploaded data is lost by the next day now. And this after having the app and band function for 3 months. The point of this device is to gauge progress over time. Bask in the glory of being good, motivate when a couple of days in the yellow happen. What's infuriating is that it is highly likely that the app is the problem and all the support is based around the band and computer program (which doesn't like to connect to Nike+ very often). So why is there not one thing I can find addressing this online by Nike? I see many complaints that lead to band returns but that doesn't help. So I get a new band and my phone app continues to lose my fitness numbers? Nike, you are one of the big boys, there is no excuse for not adding this issue to support, even if it is not yet solved. We need to know if this mystic daily data loss is a hiccup from the last app update or if this the norm. Because after having two other brands fail me, I'm beginning to rethink my fitness tools if of all companies, Nike can't even get it right for six months.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Mar 25, 2014
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 46.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Nike, Inc. (iDP) 1
- © Copyright 2013 Nike, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.