By Nike, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
If you have an iPhone 5S, Nike+ Move is the simplest way to capture your every move, and motivate you to move more.
Exclusively for use with iPhone 5S, Nike+ Move to converts your movement into NikeFuel, the first-ever single, universal unit for measuring all kinds of activities. No matter your age, weight or gender, the same activity earns you the same amount of NikeFuel. And, because it uses the M7 coprocessor found in iPhone 5S and low-power location services (not GPS), this motivating all-day tracking experience won't run down your iPhone 5S battery.
Nike+ Move offers insight into when you move, how you move and where you move - and lets you challenge your friends to see who moves more.
Win the day by beating your NikeFuel average and watch your goal ring change from Red to Green.
See when you are most active throughout the day and how you’re doing compared to yesterday.
Move more often and win as many hours as you can throughout the day.
See how you moved through the day with a breakdown of running, walking, and other movement.
See where you're moving and where you move the most each day.
Check out how you compare against your Game Center friends or other Nike+ Move users near you.
*Note: iPhone 5S is required to get motivated with Nike+ Move.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
* You can now choose to join regional leaderboards individually per region.
* You can see inactive friends and encourage them to get moving.
* Better behavior when retrieving leaderboard scores.
* Updated icon for adding friends
Where you Moved:
* The Where you Moved screen displays more accurate information for some scenarios
Other Bug fixes
Great App with Potential
Had some login issues at first but after that it was smooth sailing the rest of the way. It was cool that it pulled older data from when I installed the app to give me a baseline to start with and compare. I find myself checking my progress several times daily and motivates me to keep my phone on me as much as possible to have the most data collected and deliberately find ways and reasons to be more active to try to beat my average or yesterday's score.
It's great that the 5S has the hardware to the point that I don't have to have any dongles, attachments, or cables to keep track of / eventually lose.
The M7 chip (the stated reason this app is 5S only) if true to its word and I've barely noticed a hit to my battery life though it taking every little movement into account.
As a unintended feature it also shows you when you went to bed and how long you stayed asleep and relatively motionless.
With all the pros there are some cons besides the above mentioned login troubles mentioned in other reviews. There's no way to export your past weeks data or even review within the app itself. Plus with it not syncing to my nike+ Account so it's more earning points in a closed system game than enhancing the nike products and services I already use. Add some compatibility and export/reporting features and this app would earn 5 stars hands down.
A couple drawbacks
1. It does not sync with your Nike+ account...what's the point of signing in when Fuel earned in the app doesn't count towards your overall Fuel?? If you have a Fuelband, then there's pretty much no need for this app. I don't expect to double up on Fuel but there should be some method of allowing the two recordings to mesh.
2. There have been huge gaps in activity when there should be a constant measure of movement (meaning the app shows flatline when I was definitely moving around, even vigorously). Nike's twitter support suggested to delete the app and reinstall, which works as a temporary fix, but I was having to do this on a weekly basis up until the end of January and now again at the end of February. As soon as I reinstall and sign back in to my account it automatically "fills in" all the areas that are flatlined. Clearly the phone's M7 processor is recording the movement but for whatever reason the information is not being transferred to the Nike+ Move app. I shouldn't have to delete and reinstall every time. There's definitely a bug somewhere.
WILL BE an awesome app
I was very anxious for this app, and when it was finally arrived I was pretty excited. CURRENTLY I only give it 2 stars because of the following issues:
- frequently asks me to log in (sometimes 5 minutes or so after I previously logged in)
- sporadically doesn't record activity (some days it just decides to stop recording until I open the app, which is usually at the end of my day; other days it won't start recording until I've logged in 'again')
- data doesn't parallel Nike+ Running (a recorded run using Nike+ Running gives a different score generally by a couple hundred points)
- there needs to be more detail presented to the user (this doesn't have to be viewable at all times, but the option has to be there, for example day-to-day activity is only viewable as an overall score, why not open up access to daily activity graphs after that day has passed)
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Dec 11, 2013
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 8.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Nike, Inc. (iDP) 1
- © Copyright 2013 Nike, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.