By Nike, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Nike+ Running App tracks your runs and helps you reach your goals -- whether it’s running your first race, or setting a new personal record. From first-time runners to marathon veterans, you'll get the measurement and motivation you need to run farther and faster than ever before. Welcome to the world’s greatest running community.
GUIDANCE AND TRAINING
Whether you’re looking to take on your first 5K or smash your marathon PR, Nike+ Coach gives you training programs, coaching expertise and daily workouts to get you race ready.
TRACK YOUR PROGRESS
Stay on track, no matter where you are. On the trail, treadmill, or streets, MotionX® combines your iPhone’s GPS and accelerometer for the most accurate tracking of your distance, pace and time. Track how high you climb with elevation tracking optimized for the iPhone 6. Measure your progress every mile with in-run audio feedback.
Share your runs and let your friends keep you going with cheers along the way. Show off your Nike+ level color and amp things up with a PowerSong at the press of a button.
COMPARE AND COMPETE
Nothing's as motivating as a little friendly competition. Compete with your friends for the top leaderboard spot, or go toe-to-toe against them in a Nike+ Challenge. Just set a distance. Invite your friends. And race to the finish.
CAPTURE THE MOMENT
Show off your run with a thousand words. Take photos before, during and after your run. Customize them with your route, metrics, and of course, a swoosh.
Nike+ Running works with Apple Watch, giving you more ways to get updates on your wrist. To learn more, go to the Apple Watch tab in settings.
Connected for Health
By accessing your Apple Health data, Nike+ can give you even more detailed information about your run, including heart rate monitor support in-run when using a Bluetooth 4.0 enabled device like Wahoo’s Tickr products.
Please note that continued use of GPS running in the background could dramatically decrease battery life.
Need help? Get support at twitter.com/nikesupport
What's New in Version 4.8.6
- We now have an option for using default height and weight settings in Profile set up for runners who do not want to use their true height and weight.
- Ensure your running data is saved on nikeplus.com by logging into the app.
Needs to enable more functionality for Apple watch
The standalone app is good, but when using it in conjunction with the Apple watch there's a frustrating aspect: the nike app requires you to set the wrist rise setting to "Resume Last Activity." I have a problem with this because that setting doesn't have to be used - the more reasonable offering of the option, "Show Watch Face" can be utilized to maximize the app's potential. This setting allows "session-based... third-party workout apps" to take advantage of the exclusionary principle of allowing session-based, third-party apps to take over the watch screen until the app is manually ended. I much prefer the "Show Watch Face" that shows the time every time my wrist is raised unless the exclusionary principle is applied. It is most certainly and also the case that this app is session-based (each workout consists of a session that is manually started and ended). So Nike app team, please add this piece of necessary functionality and in return you'll have a happy customer that'll further promote your product by leaving a shining, 5-star review.
Long time user
I'm a long time user of this app and do like the basic functionality. Only pet peeve is when using the GPS it botched my run saying it didn't have a strong signal on the way back even though I was on the same path it tracked when I started the run. There's no way to edit the path on the map where it claims it didn't know where I was. For people who like to accurately log distance it makes me feel cheated. The selection to make a song a power song doesn't work anymore where before you could press the power song icon and it would add it to the list. I realize this is a free app but with the Nike name and your ridiculously overpriced merchandise I just expect trivial things to be a non-issue.
For an add-on, I'd love to be able to see my distance on the lock screen of my phone instead of having to unlock it. That part is rather annoying.
More steak less sizzle please
Latest release continues the trend of adding window dressing features like "Coach" while ignoring long standing problems.
I have been using since v1 of the shoe sensor and have nearly 1000 runs logged. While the user interface features are pretty I'm continually irritated by the lack of investment in the underpinnings:
1. The app used to play all my music but now only plays the non-drm files. I assume they have made playing ur own music less convenient to drive users to the paid music services
2. Also an old bug has reappeared. At the end of a run the muted music does not return to full volume after the voice feedback is done. The only solution is to force quit the Nike app
3. But that's minor compared to the inaccuracy of the outdoor distance calc. Presumably they use a combo of motion sensing and GPS but they have made improvements over the years and I have to recal every single run generally losing 5% to 10% on distance. It seems obvious they need to take more gps readings at the end of a run and at any direction change
4. Recal does not correct splits and awards. I've got a stupid 3:15 1mile award because the GPS went haywire during one part if a longer run. This would be fixed if they allowed path and award editing on the website account
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Dec 10, 2015
- Version: 4.8.6
- Size: 73.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Nike, Inc. (iDP) 1
- © Copyright 2015 Nike, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.