By Nike, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Nike+ Running App tracks your runs and helps you reach your goals -- whether it’s running your first race, or setting a new personal record. From first-time runners to marathon veterans, you'll get the measurement and motivation you need to run farther and faster than ever before. Welcome to the world’s greatest running community.
GUIDANCE AND TRAINING
Whether you’re looking to take on your first 5K or smash your marathon PR, Nike+ Coach gives you training programs, coaching expertise and daily workouts to get you race ready.
TRACK YOUR PROGRESS
Stay on track, no matter where you are. On the trail, treadmill, or streets, MotionX® combines your iPhone’s GPS and accelerometer for the most accurate tracking of your distance, pace and time. Track how high you climb with elevation tracking optimized for the iPhone 6. Measure your progress every mile with in-run audio feedback.
Share your runs and let your friends keep you going with cheers along the way. Show off your Nike+ level color and amp things up with a PowerSong at the press of a button.
COMPARE AND COMPETE
Nothing's as motivating as a little friendly competition. Compete with your friends for the top leaderboard spot, or go toe-to-toe against them in a Nike+ Challenge. Just set a distance. Invite your friends. And race to the finish.
CAPTURE THE MOMENT
Show off your run with a thousand words. Take photos before, during and after your run. Customize them with your route, metrics, and of course, a swoosh.
Nike+ Running works with Apple Watch, giving you more ways to get updates on your wrist. To learn more, go to the Apple Watch tab in settings.
Connected for Health
By accessing your Apple Health data, Nike+ can give you even more detailed information about your run, including heart rate monitor support in-run when using a Bluetooth 4.0 enabled device like Wahoo’s Tickr products.
Please note that continued use of GPS running in the background could dramatically decrease battery life.
Need help? Get support at twitter.com/nikesupport
What's New in Version 4.7.6
Fixed a crash when viewing your activity history in Landscape mode
Bug fixes for our Apple Watch runners
Additional app performance enhancements
Was great... Then...
I will preface this by saying that I love the Nike Running app and have used it for years. However, lately it has been a little underwhelming. I know the developers are always trying to improve so this is just my 2 cents.
1. Could the app provide us the same ability to set goals and challenges like it allows us to do on the website? It's lame that we can only challenge friends to distance challenges and not even set personal goals on the app.
2. The trophies section seems a bit outdated and maybe forgotten about. There used to be some cool trophies/challenges that Nike would put out (Like "Game On, World). Those were fun a motivating.
3. Why do you get "0" Nike Fuel for running on a treadmill or indoor track? Those of us that live in snowy or super rainy states don't always get the opportunity to run outside when we'd like and the treadmill or an indoor track is our alternative. But zero fuel points makes me feel like my run doesn't count in the eyes of the app developers.
4. The GPS piece needs a little help. The low GPS alert is annoying and it's not like there's anything I can do about it anyways. The Nike+ chip used to be great, but again it feels like Nike is trying to forget about that. It's incredibly difficult to find Nike+ shoes anymore.
Anyways, these are just concerns from a avid user of the app and running in general! Thanks, Nike!
My running buddy
I've been running with this app since 2012 and overall I love it and can't imagine running with any other app. A few quirks that really get on my nerves though that could use attention in future updates. The delay in the app auto-pausing is frustrating as I keep my phone secured in a runner belt and can't access my screen easily. This makes running routes with intersections and other pauses very frustrating. Recently the weather has not been posting on my run reviews. The notes box is extremely limited on characters, making it difficult to add important points for review later. The feedback during the run sometimes glitches due to attaboys from social media or music from outside apps. Again, overall a great app/running buddy, but continue focusing on user enhancements and less on cosmetics.
No feedback please
I've been using this app for a while and I still consider it rough. Having said that, I do want to thank the developers for their efforts and given that it is free, I shouldn't complain. Of the most notable positives, the attaboys at the end of the run are gone, but in a strange reversal for the app, it has taken two steps back by taking control of the music. I am now unable to use the app and skip songs at the same time. This is a major step backwards. Please return the music controls the way they were. Nike Plus was approaching something I would have paid good money for and now they had to muck it up. I know the developers will keep working at it, but I hope they fix this bug sooner than later. Again, thanks for the app, and looking forward to updates that will make this app better.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jun 15, 2015
- Version: 4.7.6
- Size: 71.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Nike, Inc. (iDP) 1
- © Copyright 2015 Nike, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.