Nintype, as used by over 150k people!
Transform your iPhone or iPad into a highly productive device where you can actually type relatively quickly with it - so writing emails, reports and articles are much nicer, because you can type faster on the iPad/iPhone than most people can on a desktop keyboard!
This notes app comes with a 3rd party keyboard, which is most probably what you're after.
- Two-Handed Sliding Keyboard - construct words with slides and taps
- A top bar to correct previous words quickly
- Slide left/right at the spacebar to move the cursor quickly
- Backspace slide to quickly erase words
- Edge slide shortcuts to quickly add punctuations
- Quickpaste menu (press-hold caps)
- Height / layout adjustment. Can split, align right, left, etc.
- Flick autocomplete
- Number pad layout quick access (slide right from the 123 button, at the bottom left)
- Calculator which actually counts things - numbers ready to be inserted
- Customizable theme - with a lot of presets
- Autospace Mode (Automatically flushes in adjustable time, dynamic timing, new and improved! recommended for expert users)
- Emojis! Press hold the topleft button at the topbar!
- Emojify - type any english word (e.g happy), slide down from X, and select the emoji you want!
Priority Support - English
Secondary Support - Danish, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish, Swedish
Nintype App (A note-taking app) features:
- Subfolders, unlimited depth too
- Shortcuts System
- Recent Notes History system
- A Robust Archive system.
- Quick Share Shortcuts
Major overhaul of the topbar.
Minor improvements to the options menu.
Minor improvements to quality of life features.
Ratings and Reviews
Finally works without constant crashing!
This poor app and developer has had issues with this app. It’s kinda awesome in what it does, but it froze constantly, pushing ppl away from it - this wasn’t because the developer was a poor one, apple has issues that they couldn’t figure out with third party keyboards.
I’m not going to lie - when you download this app, its honestly frustrating as hell because of the learning curve and making it learn how you type, but after a while it is much better and your speed will increase considerably. I bought this a long time ago, so I’m not sure of the current cost, but the one draw back I think I can think of is that you others using your phone with struggle hardcore with using it because it is such a specialized keyboard. Because of this, I still keep my ios keyboard installed so that if somebody else is typing for me they can.
Now if apple would allow for the third party apps to use Siri when you truly need to speak your text, I’d love this even more than I already do.
For the user that was having trouble typing when the dictionary didn’t have a word, you enable peck mode and then favorite it by force pressing on the word. When you do this, it adds it for the future and you’re good to go for the next time.
Final thing is to make sure you back up your words semi regularly because you don’t accidentally to lose all your stuff - what I do is put my stuff in a note and save it in icloud.
Really, I love this app.
I had previously hated this app because I was often unable to use it. It was due to a crashing bug and a graphics bug in which the keyboard would always lie halfway off the screen. None of that anymore. Jormy is a diligent developer-- if you want an innovative piece of software that's under active development and good leadership, you can count on Nintype to deliver it. Besides everything that I have so far said, this app gives you the flexibility and productivity that absolutely EVERYONE can benefit from.
It's definitely true that the learning curve is huge-- but think of it as a small walk uphill for an infinitely spanning smooth ride downhill. It's worth it, and at $4.99, frankly, it's a steal.
This was my favorite keyboard, and I had high hopes that one day it would get an update that stopped the crashing. It never did. I got tons of features I didn’t want or need, plenty of pretty colors to try out, but no app stability—not even a way to force a restart when the thing inevitably went into a battery-burning, phone-heating tailspin.
It got worse after the latest update. The machine-learning autocorrect failed pretty regularly and spectacularly. Using this keyboard with Chrome was a special kind of torture—you had to wait several seconds for it to catch up, and it invariably doubled whatever you were typing.
Really bummed to go back to pecking away on the default keyboard but having this as an input device is more trouble than it’s worth.
- Jormy Pty Ltd
- 82.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2014 Jormy Pty Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.