The NissanConnect® EV & Services** app is designed especially for owners and drivers of the Nissan LEAF®. The NissanConnect EV & Services** app lets you manage the unique features of your LEAF like charging the battery, adjusting climate controls and checking the battery status, all from your mobile device. You can also personalize the app dashboard with the features that you use the most.
LEAF drivers require an active subscription to access the features of NissanConnect EV**, but it is complimentary for the first three years of ownership.
Model year 2018-2019 LEAF owners require an active subscription to NissanConnect EV with Services** powered by SiriusXM®. As an added security measure, a PIN is required before the Remote Door Lock/Unlock feature can be used. This PIN is established when enrolling in NissanConnect EV with Services**. If you have not yet enrolled in NissanConnect EV with Services** or need to reset your PIN, download the NissanConnect EV & Services app or visit www.owners.nissanusa.com.
For more information on set up and using the NissanConnect EV & Services** app visit www.owners.nissanusa.com or contact a NissanConnect EV Customer Support Specialist at (877) NO GAS EV , Monday through Saturday, 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Central Time.
This app allows model year 2011-2017 LEAF owners to access these features**:
•Remote Start Charge
•Remote Battery Status Check
•Remote Climate Control On/Off
•Remote Climate Control Timer
•My Car Finder (MY16 and MY17)
•Plug-in Reminder Notification
•Charge Complete Notification
This app allows model year 2018-2019 LEAF owners to access these features**:
•All of the features listed above for MY11-17 vehicles, plus:
•My Car Finder*
•Remote Door Lock/Unlock*
•Remote Horn & Lights*
•Curfew, Boundary and Speed alerts*
* Feature availability is dependent on vehicle model, trim level, packaging and options.
** Available services/features may be shown. Compatible connected device may be required. Only use services/features and device when safe and legal to do so. Subject to GPS and wireless network availability and connection, and system/technology limitations. Text rates/data usage/subscription may apply. Some services/features provided by companies not within Nissan or its partners’ or agents’ control and may be discontinued at any time. For more information, see dealer, owner’s manual, or www.NissanUSA.com/connect/important-information.
- Bug fixes and product enhancements.
- For questions regarding NissanConnect EV & Services, please contact a NissanConnect EV Customer Support Specialist at (877) NO GAS EV.
Ratings and Reviews
A very useful utility
Maybe I’m not the best source for a review of an app that controls your car; my last car was a 2002 Civic that I thought was high tech because it had a remote door lock. Anyways, I find the app really neat. I like that I can see the charge and use climate control from my phone. My favorite aspect is that I can enter my home electric rate and the app will estimate how much it costs to charge the car each month. That’s really handy when people ask you about how much your mobile appliance costs you to charge. I also know that it’s exactly 22.7 miles to work one way, so that’s neat too. I don’t really know what the point of the ‘eco trees’ is. Does Nissan plant a real tree for every 1k or something? Maybe I’ll plant a tree if I reach 1k. I recommend this app. Really, it’s free and it has a lot of information about your driving habits. I wish Nissan would integrate some kind of State of Health for the battery. We all know it can be tracked thanks to LeafSpy, even if it’s just an estimate. I love my 2015 Nissan Leaf, and this app gives me a lot of connection to that glorified electric wheelchair.
A must have for Leaf owners
It is a nice app, and useful for you to check the progress of charging of your car, or make sure you remembered to plug it in. There are a couple of flaws in the usability.
1. Even if you tell it to remember your userid and password, it does not automatically log you on when you open the app. Instead, you have to click 3 buttons to say "I want to log on", "yes, use my password", and "Yes, i really want to". At most, one click should be required.
2. On the charge status, it does not show the % charge of the battery, even though the web version of the Carwings app does this. % charge is a far more useful number than the estimated driving range that it shows, since it does not know what kind of driving you are planning to do next. You do, so you are a better judge of how far you will be able to go on an x% charge.
Maybe they will eventually have a smart system that knows what kind of driving you normally do, and then the range number will be most useful.
Top 5 things Nissan's App should do--- Idea is great - execution terrible
The issues of the current app:
1. It wants me to long in if I have used the app in a few days- probably a bug. Why can't it keep me logged on?
2. Way too many steps - to do anything.
3. Everything takes a long time- if I wanna check the status it takes like 3 minutes - that's a long time staring at an app to update- and then the issue of log in makes it even worse
Guys - this is leading edge early adopter product , and to have such a lame app is just a lost opportunity.
Top 5 things the app Should do:
1. Car parking Finder : Car has accurate gps - when you park it should be able to store gps location and throw the data it to the app. App should help you get to you car from where you Are.
2. TEMP CONTROL You should be able to see temp setting and timer for a/c from the app
3. LOCK the car. please say its a security - well app should only be able to Lock the car and turn on the car alarm not unlock. Often you don't remember if you locked your car.
4. IPhone-google maps send location to car gps- Using google apps inside the app - put in an address or one thats in your contacts and send to gps of the leaf.
Let's face it - google maps on iPhone is leaps and bounds better than Any cars gps - i rather use input and send the address from the phone to cars gps.
5. Use the app to show driving history -car wings data - and be able to share it ( tweeter / Facebook ) and also four square check-in)
- Nissan North America Inc.
- 169.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Nissan North America Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.