Nisus Writer Express
By Nisus Software, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Nisus Writer Express is the feature filled, yet easy to use word processor for OS X. Express features an elegant user interface and compatibility that has been universally praised by both users and press alike.
Nisus Writer Express begins with an intuitive, customizable interface that stays out of your way. Our style sheet view lets you quickly create great looking documents. Tools such as find and replace (with regular expressions) allow you to polish your documents. When you need to share your documents, Express is ready with RTF (rich text format) and Word (.doc, .docx) export support.
Nisus Software has a long history of supporting many different languages, and Nisus Writer Express was designed with multilingual users in mind. Express supports Latin, Cyrillic, Greek, Chinese, Japanese and Korean scripts. Express offers support for right to left scripts like Arabic, Hebrew, and Persian.
From a simple letter to that novel you have always wanted to write, Nisus Writer Express is the powerful tool for writers everywhere.
• Mac OS X autosave and document versioning
• multilingual support (including right to left text)
• footnotes and endnotes
• text wrap around images
• widow and orphan control
• small caps support
• sophisticated find and replace (regular expressions)
• keyboard shortcuts
• bullets and numbering (list styles)
• supported file formats:
- RTF (import and export)
- Word (import and export)
- OpenOffice (import)
- Plain Text (Unicode and legacy encodings)
• and much more
What's New in Version 3.5.5
This version offers small refinements and improves stability. Changes include:
• Fixed: duplicate backups should always be autosaved when closing documents.
• Fixed: copy-paste of an image from Apple’s Photos app should insert the image, not a link to that image file.
• Fixed: lists: documents from Word can sometimes open with incorrect list bullet characters, or incorrectly duplicated list items.
• Fixed: reverting a plain text document after adding formatting could trigger layout errors, and the document could not be closed.
• Fixed: renaming an open document incorrectly leaves the old entry in the Open Recent menu.
• Other small fixes and improvements. Full release notes are available via the Help menu.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 06, 2016
- Version: 3.5.5
- Size: 66.9 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Nisus Software, Inc.
- © copyright 2001-2016 Nisus Software, Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.8.5 or later, 64-bit processor