Nisus Writer Express is the feature filled, yet easy to use word processor for macOS. Express features an elegant user interface and compatibility that has been universally praised by both users and press alike.
Nisus Writer Express begins with an intuitive, customizable interface that stays out of your way. Our style sheet view lets you quickly create great looking documents. Tools such as find and replace (with regular expressions) allow you to polish your documents. When you need to share your documents, Express is ready with RTF (rich text format) and Word (.doc, .docx) export support.
Nisus Software has a long history of supporting many different languages, and Nisus Writer Express was designed with multilingual users in mind. Express supports Latin, Cyrillic, Greek, Chinese, Japanese and Korean scripts. Express offers support for right to left scripts like Arabic, Hebrew, and Persian.
From a simple letter to that novel you have always wanted to write, Nisus Writer Express is the powerful tool for writers everywhere.
• macOS autosave and document versioning
• multilingual support (including right to left text)
• footnotes and endnotes
• text wrap around images
• widow and orphan control
• small caps support
• sophisticated find and replace (regular expressions)
• keyboard shortcuts
• bullets and numbering (list styles)
• supported file formats:
- RTF (import and export)
- Word (import and export)
- OpenOffice (import)
- Plain Text (Unicode and legacy encodings)
• and much more
• Fixed: crashes on macOS High Sierra when saving or loading files using certain fonts.
• Fixed: visiting the Language preference pane could trigger crashes, especially after multiple visits.
• Fixed: Japanese text imported from outside Nisus Writer can sometimes be garbled by incorrect text encoding.
• Fixed: the Malayalam language should use left-to-right writing mode.
Ratings and Reviews
Not sure what to think
I’ve always heard great things about Nisus so I thought I’d give this product a shot. After I made my first document using Express, I sent it to my Windows computer to see how the formating would show if I were to send documents from Express. The virus software on the Windows machine said the document had a virus. I registered on the Nisus support forum and tried posting my issue but my post has yet to appear on their forum. All post are reviewed prior to them allowing post to show up. Either way, they haven’t contacted me or allowed my post. So at this point I’m leary about using Express if I’m going to be sending any documents to anyone. Looks like I’ll be using Pages from now on.
- Nisus Software, Inc.
- 67.1 MB
- English, Danish, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © copyright 2001-2017 Nisus Software, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.