Nisus Writer Pro
By Nisus Software, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Nisus Writer Pro is the powerful word processor for OS X. An intuitive interface, powerful writing tools, and unmatched compatibility make Nisus Writer Pro the choice of serious writers everywhere.
Nisus Writer Pro starts with an intuitive, customizable interface that allows you to write how you want to write. Create great looking documents quickly using our exclusive style sheet view. Polish your documents with our sophisticated, yet easy to use tools including our powerful find (including regular expressions), or add shapes and callouts using the drawing tools. Collaborate with others using track changes and comments that are compatible with Microsoft Word. You can write in just about any language supported in OS X (including right to left languages) thanks to the multilingual support built into Pro.
No matter what you write, from a simple letter to a sophisticated thesis, Nisus Writer Pro will allow you to create stunning documents with ease.
• multilingual support
• track changes
• drawing tools
• footnotes and endnotes
• table of contents
• cross references
• mail merge
• supported file formats:
- RTF (import and export)
- Word (import and export)
- OpenOffice (import and export)
- PDF (export only)
- WordPerfect (import only)
- Plain Text
- ePub (export only)
• and much more
What's New in Version 2.0.7
- Fixed: when running on OSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard), could crash in certain circumstances.
- Fixed: lang: improved automatic hyphenation for non-English languages.
- Fixed: soft hyphens now transfer from Nisus Writer to Word properly.
- Fixed: lang: when running on OSX 10.9 (Mavericks), could be very slow to show the list of languages.
- Fixed: images: editing an equation externally (eg: in MathType) correctly refresh the image.
- Other bug fixes, stability improvements, and macro language enhancements.
Excellent, with little flaws
Nisus is an excellent, full-featured word processor that is flexible enough for any need; on a par with Microsoft Word and with Pages 4, which was a true word processor. However, it has a mysterious typesetting process that makes opening long files incredibly slow. It does not use OS X automatic saving and versioning features which may be an advantage for those who haven’t gotten used to them yet. Otherwise, an excellent word processor for professional use and a worthy substitute for Pages 4.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 06, 2013
- Version: 2.0.7
- Size: 162 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Nisus Software, Inc.
- © 2002-2013 Nisus Software, Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later