By Tecarta, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The NIV Bible is Tecarta's Bible app and includes a local version of the New International Version (2011) of the Bible. You get a very fast app designed for Bible Study, quick navigation and easy note taking. No other Bible app matches the design, functionality of Tecarta's Bible app.
A simple, powerful design will allow you to easily read the Bible off-line (without an Internet connection), navigate, search, highlight verses, bookmark, make margin notes, copy/paste or take notes. Additional translations such as The Message, New Living Translation (NLT), NIV or NASB can be affordably purchased via in-app purchase or streamed with an Internet connection. Find out for yourself why Tecarta Bibles are the top selling Bibles on iPhones and iPads.
- Fast and easy to use
- Flip back and forth from your Bible to note-taking during lessons with one touch and not miss a thing
- No internet connection needed for downloaded Bibles
- Use either Study, Parallel or Reading (page turning) mode
- Copy and paste multiple verses easily and quickly
- Quick navigation either by using predictive entry or table of contents
- Margin notes allow you to write notes for a specific passage
- Night mode for low light reading
- Both word and verse selection for highlights
- Facebook and Twitter sharing
- Highlighting allows readers to easily emphasize verses or passages
- Full-text search by OT, NT or current book allows users to quickly find words and study topics
- Bookmark your favorite passages for quick future reference or make your own personal studies
- Powerful folder system allows users to organize notes and bookmarks
- History folder and back button
- Portrait / Landscape mode
- Cross references by tap and hold underlined words in the NIV and NASB
- Font sizes can be easily changed
- Easily e-mail notes to yourself, friends or family
- NIV, ESV, NKJV, KJV, and NASB are red-letter editions, which can be optionally disabled
- Users can expand Bible translations library easily and affordably through in-app purchase
- Split-screen capability for parallel translations or for seeing Bible study with personal or study notes at the same time
- Autoscroll with adjustable speed
- Synchronize all your notes, bookmarks, margin notes and highlights across all iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices
- AirPrint enabled
In-app translations include the following:
- NIrV (New International Reader's Version Bible)
- MSG (The Message Bible)
- KJV (King James Version)
- CEV (Contemporary English Version Bible)
- NKJV (New King James Version Bible)
- NLT (New Living Translation Bible)
- AMP (Amplified Bible)
- NCV (New Century Version Bible)
- NASB (New American Standard Bible)
- NVI (Spanish NIV Bible)
- CUV (Chinese Union Version Bible)
- CUVS (Chinese Union Simplified Version Bible)
- Korean Bible
- ESV (English Standard Version Bible)
In-app Study Bibles include the following:
NIV Study Bible 2011 version
NIV Quest Study Bible
NIV Women's Devotional Bible
NIV Student Bible
MacArthur's Daily Bible
Are we missing any translations you would like to see? Do you have any suggestions? Email us at email@example.com
What's New in Version 7.2
- Bug fixes and performance enhancements
I have an idea:
Listen my dear friends in Christ, being a missionary I have used many Bible apps, and this one tops all. I happily paid for the NIV version but it has other versions and language translations for free as well. Excellent app! You get MORE than you pay for!
Here's my idea: history. Like on my browser, if a close a page I can look to see where I was. I was reading 1 Kings yesterday, but today I can't remember where I left off and I didn't bookmark it. So in the window where users select chapter and verse, have the last read verse for easy return!
Downgraded since the "upgrade"
Used to be my favorite Bible app, but I don't like the last "upgrade." No longer can I scroll top to bottom through an entire chapter. Now I'm forced to flip pages (if I wanted a book, I'd carry a book). The problem with the new method is when a sentence is broken at the end of a page, you flip to the next page. It was easier to just keep scrolling down, and it was no effort to read back to the beginning of the sentence...or verse...or paragraph. Now it's flip, flip, flip. Give me back scrolling.
Best Bible App I have found!
Tried a lot of different Bible apps, but this one out shines the others. The notes feature is so nice and the fact that you can sync all your iOS devices to share notes, bookmarks and highlighting is really awesome. The product keeps improving without loosing the main function, studying God's word. Thanks for a great tool! Keep up the good work.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jan 13, 2016
- Version: 7.2
- Size: 40.4 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Tecarta, Inc.
- © 2016 Tecarta, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Message$5.99
- King James Version$0.99
- New Living Translation$7.99
- New American Standard Bible$4.99
- Matthew Henry’s Concise Commentary$0.99
- New King James Version$7.99
- English Standard Version$7.99
- Amplified Bible$4.99
- Zondervan NIV Study Bible$23.99
- John Wesley’s Explanatory Notes$0.99