The NIV Bible is Tecarta's Bible app and includes a local version of the New International Version (2011) of the Bible. You get a very fast app designed for Bible Study, quick navigation and easy note taking. No other Bible app matches the design, functionality of Tecarta's Bible app.
A simple, powerful design will allow you to easily read the Bible off-line (without an Internet connection), navigate, search, highlight verses, bookmark, make margin notes, copy/paste or take notes. Additional translations such as The Message, New Living Translation (NLT), NIV or NASB can be affordably purchased via in-app purchase or streamed with an Internet connection. Find out for yourself why Tecarta Bibles are the top selling Bibles on iPhones and iPads.
- Fast and easy to use
- Flip back and forth from your Bible to note-taking during lessons with one touch and not miss a thing
- No internet connection needed for downloaded Bibles
- Use either Study, Parallel or Reading (page turning) mode
- Copy and paste multiple verses easily and quickly
- Quick navigation either by using predictive entry or table of contents
- Margin notes allow you to write notes for a specific passage
- Night mode for low light reading
- Both word and verse selection for highlights
- Facebook and Twitter sharing
- Highlighting allows readers to easily emphasize verses or passages
- Full-text search by OT, NT or current book allows users to quickly find words and study topics
- Bookmark your favorite passages for quick future reference or make your own personal studies
- Powerful folder system allows users to organize notes and bookmarks
- History folder and back button
- Portrait / Landscape mode
- Cross references by tap and hold underlined words in the NIV and NASB
- Font sizes can be easily changed
- Easily e-mail notes to yourself, friends or family
- NIV, ESV, NKJV, KJV, and NASB are red-letter editions, which can be optionally disabled
- Users can expand Bible translations library easily and affordably through in-app purchase
- Split-screen capability for parallel translations or for seeing Bible study with personal or study notes at the same time
- Autoscroll with adjustable speed
- Synchronize all your notes, bookmarks, margin notes and highlights across all iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices
- AirPrint enabled
In-app translations include the following:
- NIrV (New International Reader's Version Bible)
- MSG (The Message Bible)
- KJV (King James Version)
- CEV (Contemporary English Version Bible)
- NKJV (New King James Version Bible)
- NLT (New Living Translation Bible)
- AMP (Amplified Bible)
- NCV (New Century Version Bible)
- NASB (New American Standard Bible)
- NVI (Spanish NIV Bible)
- CUV (Chinese Union Version Bible)
- CUVS (Chinese Union Simplified Version Bible)
- Korean Bible
- ESV (English Standard Version Bible)
In-app Study Bibles include the following:
NIV Study Bible 2011 version
NIV Quest Study Bible
NIV Women's Devotional Bible
NIV Student Bible
MacArthur's Daily Bible
Are we missing any translations you would like to see? Do you have any suggestions? Email us at email@example.com
- Any downloaded text-to-speech voice can now be used to read Bible text
- Fixed cross-reference bug
- Added support for new iPad Pros
- And some other minor changes and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Simple and easy to use.
Hi. New Christian here. I just picked this up Thursday and I love it! Not only am I able to read God's word, but it also gives you a daily scripture and devotional. I'm also able to bookmark and save scriptures and make notes on it too. The search makes everything easy to find. I also bought the commentary and Strong's concordance, as well as download the KJV so that I can fully understand everything and make sure everything I interpret from the Bible stays in its context, and I LOVE how easy it is to switch between everything, keeping you at the very same spot. Also love how just from turning my phone sideways can pull up the commentary and bible side by side. I recommend this to everyone. Plus I can read it ANYWHERE!!!!
As a pastor with lots of resources, I find this app to be my go-to on the phone Bible.
Over the past 15 years or so, I have invested thousands of dollars into digital books and resources to help read, study, understand, preach, and live the Bible. And while I do use those resources, many of them are for specific uses, or get too bogged down in either clutter or navigation. Therefore, I have found myself returning to this app over and over again.
I have purchased a couple of the Bibles in the app, and they are remarkably similar to the feel of the hard copy for an app, and as I mentioned, they do this while still maintaining ease of use!
For anyone starting out, let me highly recommend getting the app and then purchasing the “Quest Study Bible” within. I find the questions and answers in that Bible to be most often the questions people are asking about each passage.
One more thing that I love about the app? It will automatically sync your highlighting and notes, etc. across multiple devices, so your personalization is always with you.
I love this bible app! It’s my go to bible every Sunday because I can flip to the right passage fast enough but I don’t lose any conveniences I had with my actual bible like being able to take notes and highlight verses. My only wish would be able to underline AND highlight at the same time in the Bible as well as in my notes. Otherwise I love this app! I’ve switched phones even and had no problem getting my backup synced to my new phone. I’ve bought two other versions besides the KJV: the ESV and the NIV. I’ve even recommended this app to other church members. Also, I use the daily verse every single day. This is a great bible app and I highly recommend it!!
- Tecarta, Inc.
- 91.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Tecarta, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- The Message $5.99
- King James Version $0.99
- New Living Translation $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.