Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NJ.com brings you a fresh, redesigned app experience, making your trusted local news faster and easier to read. Get all the same content you enjoy from NJ.com, The Star-Ledger, The Times of Trenton, The Jersey Journal, South Jersey Times, Hunterdon County Democrat, The Messenger-Gazette, The Warren Reporter, Independent Press, Suburban News and the Cranford Chronicle.
- Touch-driven, simple design with easy to read text.
- View and share opinions with article comments
- Notification options for receiving Breaking News
- Enhanced photos and videos for optimal viewing experience
- Top story and top video carousels to browse the most important stories
- Navigation menu allows easy access to the most important sections, while allowing a deeper dive into your favorite topics, towns and teams.
What's New in Version 3.6.1
- Support for iPhone 6/6 Plus larger screen size
- Improvements to the main menu
- Other performance improvements and bug fixes
Ads are better, app is better
The last time I reviewed this, I complained about the underpowered ad server making the app almost unusable. It’s much better now, but the lag is still noticeable, which probably means that a fairly small increase in the number of users will make it hit the knee of the curve again. I hope it’s watched closely, so it doesn’t reach another crisis.
Other than that, I have the common complaints—irrelevant pictures, mostly. I’m also not sure what the use is of the separate “Home” and “News Home” sections.
But I’m glad to see the improvements, and I’d recommend this app to anyone who wants to follow New Jersey news.
App is good. Writing Could Use Work
The app is great and it's easy to look up stories/events and back-track through all the stories on the subject.
The writing could be better and the lack of proofreading before posting is horrible. There is rarely a posting that doesn't have at least a few typo's or outright misspelled words. I actually use a lot of the article to teach my son the value of proofreading work.
Was ok, now almost unusable
The apps been just ok up until about a week ago. Halfway thru reading an article a video ad will pop up, close it down & a minute later the same video comes back. When that stops, without clicking on anything, the app store opens to a game it wants me to download and the only way to make it stop is to restart the app. Pretty much makes the app worthless now
- Category: News
- Updated: May 11, 2016
- Version: 3.6.1
- Size: 14.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: New Jersey On-Line LLC
- © 2013 New Jersey On-Line LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.