Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NJ.com brings you a fresh, redesigned app experience, making your trusted local news faster and easier to read. Get all the same content you enjoy from NJ.com, The Star-Ledger, The Times of Trenton, The Jersey Journal, South Jersey Times, Hunterdon County Democrat, The Messenger-Gazette, The Warren Reporter, Independent Press, Suburban News and the Cranford Chronicle.
- Touch-driven, simple design with easy to read text.
- View and share opinions with article comments
- Notification options for receiving Breaking News
- Enhanced photos and videos for optimal viewing experience
- Top story and top video carousels to browse the most important stories
- Navigation menu allows easy access to the most important sections, while allowing a deeper dive into your favorite topics, towns and teams.
What's New in Version 3.6.1
- Support for iPhone 6/6 Plus larger screen size
- Improvements to the main menu
- Other performance improvements and bug fixes
Ads are better, app is better
The last time I reviewed this, I complained about the underpowered ad server making the app almost unusable. It’s much better now, but the lag is still noticeable, which probably means that a fairly small increase in the number of users will make it hit the knee of the curve again. I hope it’s watched closely, so it doesn’t reach another crisis.
Other than that, I have the common complaints—irrelevant pictures, mostly. I’m also not sure what the use is of the separate “Home” and “News Home” sections.
But I’m glad to see the improvements, and I’d recommend this app to anyone who wants to follow New Jersey news.
What's with the forced open of ads from the App Store?
First let me say that I like this app and find it convenient for stories about NJ. However, beginning this week the app started switching me over to the App Store asking me to buy random games. Is this supposed to do this or is there some serious bug? I don't mind seeing a few ads but hijacking my phone is a non-starter. If the problem isn't fixed soon I'm deleting the app.
Yes, the ad problem is better, but it has been replaced by a new problem. Now, whenever I click on a photo the app crashes. Come on guys, building a simple news app should not be that difficult!
Great! Thanks for fixing the ad issue
This app had a horrible issue with forcing you to the App Store to download games. After a month of trying it nearly everyday I was ready to give up and delete this app I had once loved. Something told me to try the app one last time and all the errors seem fixed! Thank you so much! This is a great app!
- Category: News
- Updated: May 11, 2016
- Version: 3.6.1
- Size: 18.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: New Jersey On-Line LLC
- © 2013 New Jersey On-Line LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.