NMobile: Speed Traps
By Njection.com LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Finally, there is an iPhone application that might end up SAVING money for people."
Njection Mobile (NMobile) is the most advanced SpeedTrap notification system developed for the iPhone. This application was built from the ground up for drivers so they can be notified to the location of speed traps, red light cameras, and speed detection devices. Drivers will be alerted audibly to approaching speed traps based on several different criteria. Some of the features include:
• User submitted speed trap help notify others of locations monitored. (http://njection.com/speedtrap)
• Speech notification of Speed Traps giving the type of trap and distance
• Search for speed traps local to you or around the world
• The only speed trap program that displays maps with full gesture support, just like the iPhone's built in maps program.
• Map is viewable in Landscape or Portrait
• No screen lock so you can use it along as you want
• Data can be added on each trap about when the area is monitored
• Use of a native Microsoft Virtual Earth implementation to provide one of the best mapping experiences on the iPhone
• The Active Intelligence Selection System (AISS) that alerts you to the most relevant speed trap based on your speed, direction of travel, and current time
• Submit and verify speed traps directly from the iPhone
• iPhone 3G strongly suggested for alert mode
What's New in Version 1.1.5
Minor Bug Fix
Accurate information on red light camera
Checked for red light cameras in my area and found a few I never noticed before. Shows multiple speed traps around my residence and have in fact noticed cops sitting in those spots. Great app that has probably saved me from getting a ticket or two in unfamiliar areas.
I downloaded this App and Trapster on the same day. When I first signed on to Trapster, I saw a lot of listed speed traps. Most of which are accurate as I know my area! When I signed in to this program, and browsed through the majority of Los Angeles area, I did not see any listings at all!! Am I not using this correctly? Or is no one using this App and reporting anything?? So far this is useless! I recommend using Trapster.
Something you don't think about
Camera location is cool, but the speed traps should not be up loaded, what if your kid was taken and the police are set up looking for a vehicle & or individuals and when you upload their location you could be telling the kidnapper where not to go. Same goes for flashing your lights at cars approching a police officer on the side of the road. Please think about it.