NMobile: Speed Traps
By Njection.com LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Finally, there is an iPhone application that might end up SAVING money for people."
Njection Mobile (NMobile) is the most advanced SpeedTrap notification system developed for the iPhone. This application was built from the ground up for drivers so they can be notified to the location of speed traps, red light cameras, and speed detection devices. Drivers will be alerted audibly to approaching speed traps based on several different criteria. Some of the features include:
• User submitted speed trap help notify others of locations monitored. (http://njection.com/speedtrap)
• Speech notification of Speed Traps giving the type of trap and distance
• Search for speed traps local to you or around the world
• The only speed trap program that displays maps with full gesture support, just like the iPhone's built in maps program.
• Map is viewable in Landscape or Portrait
• No screen lock so you can use it along as you want
• Data can be added on each trap about when the area is monitored
• Use of a native Microsoft Virtual Earth implementation to provide one of the best mapping experiences on the iPhone
• The Active Intelligence Selection System (AISS) that alerts you to the most relevant speed trap based on your speed, direction of travel, and current time
• Submit and verify speed traps directly from the iPhone
• iPhone 3G strongly suggested for alert mode
What's New in Version 1.1.5
Minor Bug Fix
Accurate information on red light camera
Checked for red light cameras in my area and found a few I never noticed before. Shows multiple speed traps around my residence and have in fact noticed cops sitting in those spots. Great app that has probably saved me from getting a ticket or two in unfamiliar areas.
It's pretty simple guys - you need as many people using this as possible to get the max (accurate) count of speed traps listed.
If your serious - eliminate registration or do it by iPhone number. Put a giant bulls eye on the screen and let us tap when we see a trap. Then give us a place at the end of the trip to enter details.
Give incentive to list traps - give points for each trap that's validated by 2 other people and then the leading point earners get a prize like a 2 hour traffic lawyer meeting or a radar detector
Maybe some Twitter integration
I downloaded this App and Trapster on the same day. When I first signed on to Trapster, I saw a lot of listed speed traps. Most of which are accurate as I know my area! When I signed in to this program, and browsed through the majority of Los Angeles area, I did not see any listings at all!! Am I not using this correctly? Or is no one using this App and reporting anything?? So far this is useless! I recommend using Trapster.