NOAA Buoy and Tide Data
By Verona Solutions, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NOAA Buoy Data Reader allows you to retrieve weather data from NOAA's National Data Buoy Center. It also provides tide predictions for the US.
The perfect tool to help plan your time on he water.
**For a map of buoys locations, go here: http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/
* Search for buoys by name or region.
* View buoys near you with customizable search radius.
* Use GPS or manually entered location.
* Works on all iPhone, iPod, and iPad versions.
* Map of buoy locations.
* Detailed live buoy data with access to location specific forecasts.
* Save your favorites for easy access.
* Quick access to buoy's website from within the application.
* Buoys sorted by proximity to your selected location.
* Tide Predictions.
* Moon phases.
Data can include wind speed, gusts, and direction as well as pressure and other relevant marine data.
If you participate in activities where marine weather is important, you need this app.
and any activity where marine weather conditions are important.
If you fish at sea like we do, this is a great app for you.
Another quality App brought to you by boaters and fisherman. We use our products everyday and listen to our customers. If you have any issues, please contact us. We will reply.
What's New in Version 5.11
* Fix for freezing on settings page.
Easy to use, set favorites. Useful every day
I walk my dogs next to the SF Bay, and this app will tell me the temperature and velocity of the wind off the water. My regular weather app (Weather On) is right on the money for ambient temp and wind speed, but the buoy data tells me the wind information, and whether or not I'll need a jacket. Maybe a "one trick pony", but it's really good at it, and I use it almost every day for that. The tide data is there also, but is easier to read in Tide Graph Pro. I'd buy both, if you're by the water.
No wave date
Neglects to provide important swell height and period data for buoys that have this info on the NOAA website. Useless app if you want to know ocean surface conditions.
Thought this would provide same data as the NOAA site, I fact thought it was the NOAA site.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jan 31, 2014
- Version: 5.11
- Size: 17.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Verona Solutions, LLC
- © Verona Solutions, LLC. 2009
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.