NOAA Hi-Def Radar Pro
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
A simple yet powerful weather app that combines science with simplicity for viewing real-time animated weather radar images in vivid color on a highly responsive interactive map.
NOAA Hi-Def Radar Pro has been updated for iOS 10 and beyond. With this major update comes a sleek new design, new radar, and new weather map options.
New hi-definition radar provides stunning precipitation detail. See freezing rain (pink) areas of radar so you know where hazardous road conditions are likely.
New Layers on the weather map let you see recent weather activity from the last 6 to 12 hours.
• Clouds & Radar together
• Wind Speed
• Snow Cover
• Water Temperatures
• Road Weather
Alerts on the weather map let you see severe weather warning boxes where dangerous weather is happening.
• Tornadoes and Thunderstorm watches and warnings
• Flood watches and warnings
• Hurricane and Tropical Storm forecast tracks
• Hurricane and Tropical Storm watches and warnings
• Storm Tracks with detailed storm information (requires Future Weather in-app subscription)
• Winter storm watches and warnings
• Marine and coastal alerts
• Earthquakes over the last 48 hours
Enhance your app with a Future Weather auto-renewing subscription for purchase within the app for $0.99/month. Future Weather lets you see:
• Radar up to 6 hours in the future
• Temperature Forecast map up to 12 hours in the future
Please note the following about Future Weather's auto-renewing subscription:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Additional features include:
• Install and go, no complex setup.
• Select opacity of radar images for your preference.
• Near real-time, shows the latest radar images within minutes of being gathered.
• Sharp radar images even on retina displays that show the latest radar images within minutes.
• Get detailed and trustworthy forecasts for all your locations.
• Check the current weather and forecast for any point on the map.
• Show your GPS position, direction of travel and elevation on the map when enabled.
• Bookmark multiple locations for fast and easy access to your favorite places.
• Current conditions, hourly and five-day forecasts alongside detailed weather information, including pressure readings for all your locations.
• Today widget for iOS that shows current radar map and current conditions for your current location, all without having to unlock your iPhone or iPad.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.4
What’s new in version 3.4:
• Improvement to the Forgot Password Reset mechanism to make it quicker and easier for you to manage if you’ve forgotten your app account password.
We hope you enjoy the improvements!
From version 3.3.2:
• Improvement to help make Lightning strikes appear faster on the map.
From version 3.3.1:
• Bug fixes for app crashes happening to some users.
From version 3.3:
1) Lightning Strikes on the map are back!
• In the Layers “Alerts” section, tap the new Lightning button to see Lightning Strikes within 150 miles of that location.
2) Landscape mode for iPhone is back!
• Enjoy viewing the Radar map full-screen in both Landscape and Portrait views, just like in the old app.
3) Fire Weather alerts layer is back!
• In the Layers “Alerts” section, tap the new “Other” button to view Fire Weather, Wind, Heat, and other misc. alerts.
4) New option to customize the time format for the Radar loop.
• In Settings > Advanced, display Relative time just like in the old app (e.g. “XX minutes ago”).
5) Redesiged the Layers and Alerts screen so map options are easier to see and select.
6) The “Tropical Tracks” button was renamed to “Hurricane Tracks” so it’s more obvious how to see Hurricane and Tropical Storm forecast tracks.
7) Saving a new location is easier. The app now lets you refine the pin’s location before you save it.
Still horrible. Do not buy this app.
I see the developer keeps issuing the same thing saying they are sorry we are not happy with the app. I don’t believe it. They are sorry they got a low rating now and are trying to get a good one back. They keep saying they had to rebuild it from the ground up. I can see that due to apple software changing. But that’s not what has everyone mad. We want what we had back and we wanted it to look and work the same way. Surely the developers could’ve handled that. But they didn’t. They got greedy and tried to charge us more money. They when we didn’t pay and started to give bad reviews they decided to try to pacify us. Well that didn’t work. I don’t think there is anything short of completely redoing the app to make it look and function exactly like it did before will ever get you back close to where you were. Even then I don’t see that happening. The way we were treated was unacceptable. This is a perfect example of how great capitalism works. If the costumers are mistreated we have the option to complain and do something about it.
Give them a break.
It is not back to my five star evaluation, but I don't see it as a one star anymore. I could even put it closer to four given their recent efforts. The in app purchase only involves future weather for the subscription. Storm tracking and lightning are back with no subscription required but only appear when radar is in pause mode as opposed to appearing during play mode as it did in one of the previous versions, and the display is different. I guess the various icons that you could use to mark preferred locations and the widget are gone. I am satisfied with the re-revamp enough to have returned the app from my ignored back page apps to its original front page location.
I do not believe your excuses that the original app needed to be revamped for IOS10. A monthly subscription does not make an app any more or less compatible with an IOS. If that were the case, I guess we can expect Google and Facebook to require monthly subscriptions soon to be compatible with iOS 10. What nonsense.
You will never get more than 1 star out of me until this app is restored to its previous line of features that we already paid for. Future customers need to be aware of this shady scheme you pulled here, where people agreed to purchase an app at a set price, and then you decide that you didn't feel that price was worth the app and change it to a monthly subscription.
Disgraceful, shameful, and crooked.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Oct 09, 2017
- Version: 3.4
- Size: 34.0 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: WeatherSphere
- © 2017 WeatherSphere
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Future Weather$0.99