NOAA Hi-Def Radar Pro
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
A simple yet powerful weather app that combines science with simplicity for viewing real-time animated weather radar images in vivid color on a highly responsive interactive map.
NOAA Hi-Def Radar Pro has been updated for iOS 10 and beyond. With this major update comes a sleek new design, new radar, and new weather map options.
New hi-definition radar provides stunning precipitation detail. See freezing rain (pink) areas of radar so you know where hazardous road conditions are likely.
New Layers on the weather map let you see recent weather activity from the last 6 to 12 hours.
• Clouds & Radar together
• Wind Speed
• Snow Cover
• Water Temperatures
• Road Weather
Alerts on the weather map let you see severe weather warning boxes where dangerous weather is happening.
• Tornadoes and Thunderstorm watches and warnings
• Flood watches and warnings
• Hurricane and Tropical Storm forecast tracks
• Hurricane and Tropical Storm watches and warnings
• Storm Tracks with detailed storm information (requires Future Weather in-app subscription)
• Winter storm watches and warnings
• Marine and coastal alerts
• Earthquakes over the last 48 hours
Enhance your app with a Future Weather auto-renewing subscription for purchase within the app for $0.99/month. Future Weather lets you see:
• Radar up to 6 hours in the future
• Temperature Forecast map up to 12 hours in the future
Please note the following about Future Weather's auto-renewing subscription:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Additional features include:
• Install and go, no complex setup.
• Select opacity of radar images for your preference.
• Near real-time, shows the latest radar images within minutes of being gathered.
• Sharp radar images even on retina displays that show the latest radar images within minutes.
• Get detailed and trustworthy forecasts for all your locations.
• Check the current weather and forecast for any point on the map.
• Show your GPS position, direction of travel and elevation on the map when enabled.
• Bookmark multiple locations for fast and easy access to your favorite places.
• Current conditions, hourly and five-day forecasts alongside detailed weather information, including pressure readings for all your locations.
• Today widget for iOS that shows current radar map and current conditions for your current location, all without having to unlock your iPhone or iPad.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.3.2
What's new in version 3.3.2:
• We noticed Lightning strikes were sometimes taking too long to appear on map for some users, so we implemented a fix to make Lightning strikes appear faster.
We hope you enjoy the improvements!
From version 3.3.1:
• Bug fixes for app crashes happening to some users.
If the app continues to crash for you, please open a new Support Ticket from within your NOAA Hi-Def Radar app (in 'Settings' > tap 'Support') and we will continue to investigate.
From version 3.3:
1) Lightning Strikes on the map are back!
• In the Layers "Alerts" section, tap the new Lightning button to see Lightning Strikes within 150 miles of that location.
2) Landscape mode for iPhone is back!
• Enjoy viewing the Radar map full-screen in both Landscape and Portrait views, just like in the old app.
3) Fire Weather alerts layer is back!
• In the Layers "Alerts" section, tap the new "Other" button to view Fire Weather, Wind, Heat, and other misc. alerts.
4) New option to customize the time format for the Radar loop.
• In Settings > Advanced, display Relative time just like in the old app (e.g. "XX minutes ago").
5) Redesiged the Layers and Alerts screen so map options are easier to see and select.
6) The "Tropical Tracks" button was renamed to "Hurricane Tracks" so it's more obvious how to see Hurricane and Tropical Storm forecast tracks.
7) Saving a new location is easier. The app now lets you refine the pin's location before you save it.
Testing new version.
UPDATE 09/25/17: Still looks like a short-bus equivalent to what it used to be. While testing still, I currently cannot rely on it as a primary weather app. But will still give it a chance. Still only gets 2/5 because it's still a MASSIVE downgrade from 2.1, which was perfection.
UPDATE 09/12/17: Nee update with lightning restored. Will see how App is going and will update review soon. Was 5/5 at v2.1, 1/5 at v3.1. So for now, I give a 2/5 until this app proves itself.
UPDATE 08/27/17: Still no acknowledgement of the already-paid-for features they stole. It's obvious that if they do it once, they'll darn sure do it again. Don't give them a penny. They're now nothing but a scam app developer and deserve recognition as as-such.
WeatherBug is a good, free alternative for lightning strikes and other features stolen from this developer.
UPDATE 07/30/17: An update claiming they listened to us, yet still have STOLEN functionality from paid app customers. This should be banned from the App Store.
REVIEW for v3.1: First, as a Florida resident, we have the most dangerous lightning in the country, and second most dangerous in the world. As such, monitoring of lightning is crucial. This app was my go-to app before this travesty of an update. This feature has been removed. But that's not the half of it.
Easily half (if not more) of the features have been removed, and now they're wanting us to pay a monthly fee for impotent versions of those features. What's worst is that this is a PAID app, one I, and many others, paid money for. I'm glad that I have an old version file that I was able to restore.
This isn't new among shady and disreputable developers. This one has gone the way of many others in search of a quick buck. What disgusting people at WeatherSphere who would intentionally ruin and app and expect people to pay monthly for a lesser version of WHAT THEY ALREADY PAID FOR. WeatherSphere, you (and disreputable app developers like you) are a cancer on this app store and you deserve nothing but contempt, malice, and every bit of hate you receive for these actions.
Shame on you
They sneakily removed the future cast features for RadarCast 3.0 without any notification and for which I paid for previously. This is purely done to get one to buy the upgrade app for $0.99 a month. Total extortion.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Sep 25, 2017
- Version: 3.3.2
- Size: 33.9 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: WeatherSphere
- © 2017 WeatherSphere
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Future Weather$0.99