A simple yet powerful weather app that combines science with simplicity for viewing real-time animated weather radar images in vivid color on a highly responsive interactive map.
NOAA Hi-Def Radar Pro has been updated for iOS 10 and beyond. With this major update comes a sleek new design, new radar, and new weather map options.
New hi-definition radar provides stunning precipitation detail. See freezing rain (pink) areas of radar so you know where hazardous road conditions are likely.
• Install and go, no complex setup.
• Select transparency of radar imagery for your preference.
• Sharp radar imagery even on retina displays that show the latest radar images within minutes.
• Show the weather map full-screen on your device and hide the app buttons for a fantastic full-screen map view of radar activity. Looks especially great on iPad!
• Tap and hold anywhere on the map to check current weather and forecasts.
• Show your GPS position, direction of travel and elevation on the map when enabled.
• Bookmark multiple locations for fast and easy access to your favorite places.
• Current conditions, hourly and five-day forecasts alongside detailed weather information for all your locations, including pressure readings for all your locations.
Show Weather Layers on the map: New layers on the weather map let you see recent weather activity from the last 6 to 12 hours:
• Clouds & Radar together
• Wind Speed
• Snow Cover
• Water Temperatures
• Road Weather
Show Severe Weather Overlays on the map: Alerts on the weather map let you see severe weather warning boxes where dangerous weather is happening:
• Tap alert boxes on the map to view info
• Tornadoes and Thunderstorm watches and warnings
• Flood watches and warnings
• Hurricane and Tropical Storm forecast tracks
• Hurricane and Tropical Storm watches and warnings
• Storm Tracks showing direction of storm in the next few minutes
• Winter storm watches and warnings
• Marine and coastal alerts
• Earthquakes over the last 48 hours
• View Lightning strikes on the map (no additional purchase necessary)
Enhance your app with auto-renewing subscriptions:
• Buy Future Weather ($0.99/month) to unlock these 2 features:
1) Future Radar: See radar into the future (6 hrs on Wi-Fi, 2 hrs on cellular)
2) Future Temperature Map: See future temperatures map (12 hrs on Wi-Fi, 5 hrs on cellular)
• Buy Lightning Notifications ($0.99/month) to unlock this 1 feature:
1) Be notified when lightning strikes nearby. Get a push notification whenever lightning strikes near your Saved Locations up to 10 miles away. (At this time, Current Location is not supported by Lightning Notifications.)
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• NEW! LIGHTNING NOTIFICATIONS:
Be notified when lightning strikes nearby. Get a push notification whenever lightning strikes near your Saved Locations up to 10 miles away. Tap the 'Layers' icon in the bottom navigation menu, then tap the new 'Alerts' button at the top-left of the screen.
• At this time, Current Location is not supported by Lightning Notifications.
• An in-app purchase of $0.99/month is required for Lightning Notifications.
• You can still view Lightning strikes on the map without having to buy the Lightning Notifications subscription. To do so, tap the 'Layers' icon in the bottom navigation menu, then under the 'Layers' button at the top, scroll down to the 'Severe Weather Overlays' section where you can turn on or off the Lightning overlay on the map.
• NEW! LONG-TAP ON THE MAP:
You can now long-tap on the map to get current conditions and weather forecasts for any location in the United States. You can also choose to save this location right from the long-tap results display just by tapping the '+' icon. Long-tap makes it quick and easy to check a location's weather and add a new location to your Saved Locations just by tapping the map.
• NEW! CUSTOMIZE WEATHER LAYERS FOR SLOW CELLULAR CONNECTIONS:
A new Advanced setting lets you set the number of looping imagery frames to display for weather layers (such as radar) if you are on a slow cellular connection. Using less frames will help looping layers like radar display faster, but you won’t see as much imagery.
• Three map legends were corrected for the Temperature weather layer, Water Temp weather layer, and Snow Cover weather layer. These three legends had some misaligned numbers relative to their color bar chart. These misaligned numbers caused confusion when interpreting the map legends according to what the associated weather layer was displaying on the map.
• Additional bug fixes and performance improvements are included in this release to resolve some minor and annoying app crash issues.
Ratings and Reviews
- 38.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 WeatherSphere
- In-App Purchases
- Future Weather $0.99
- Lightning Alerts $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.