NOAA Radar Pro – Weather Alerts & Forecast
By Apalon Apps
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
LIMITED TIME SALE! - 50% OFF! - DOWNLOAD NOW! Optimized for iOS 10!
Now on your Apple Watch! Watch out for severe weather! Stay up to date with warnings & alerts sent directly to your wrist and react immediately. Take just a Glance for a quick weather check and get 24-hour forecast with just a swipe.
NOAA Radar Pro is a powerful yet easy-to-use weather station right on your device. Real-time animated weather radar images on a highly interactive map enhanced with severe weather warnings and alerts won't let bad weather take you by surprise!
* Get a push notification whenever an alert is issued (tornadoes, flood warnings, snow storms, and more) without opening the app!
* Radar and Satellite overlays show real-time rain, snow, mixed precipitation, and cloud cover in high resolution and vivid colors.
* Rain map provides rain forecast for the range of next 24 hours right on the terrain map.
* Snow depth map. Get local and global view of current snow layer.
* The only app where all National Weather Service watches, warnings, and other alerts are shown on the map as interactive polygons covering the territories they're active for. Tap one to get the full alert text.
* Detailed Weather info for locations includes current conditions, 24-hour and 7-day forecasts, plus active alerts for practically any location in the USA.
* Hurricane Tracker displays past and current positions of tropical storms along with their forecasted path.
- Notification Center Widget. Get access to the current temperature, today’s Min and Max, weather forecast for the coming hours, with a single swipe
- Tropical storms & hurricane tracks with forecast right on the map
- Choose the number of frames, animation speed, set opacity for radar and satellite overlays
- Easy location search. Search by name, or just long tap any spot on the map to get detailed weather for it
- Bookmarks. Quickly switch between your favorite spots to see the weather there
- Background maps: standard, hybrid, satellite
- Precise weather data from the nearest weather station
- 24-hour and 7-day weather forecast for any location you choose
- Current and "Feels Like" temperature. Today’s Min and Max
- Chance of precipitation, humidity
- Pressure, wind speed, and visibility details, dewpoint info
- Sunrise & sunset time
Take your weather watching to the next level. Track the latest weather activity in smooth high-definition. See what weather is coming your way, and keep you and your family safe.
Radar images are available for the United States (Continental US, Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico), Canada, Australia, European Union (the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Italy (western), Denmark (southeast), Poland (western), Czech Republic, Austria (northwestern), Japan.
Rain map, satellite images and detailed weather info is available worldwide.
Hurricane tracker provides Pacific and Atlantic coverage.
NWS watches, warnings, advisories – the USA only.
What's New in Version 3.16
- Introducing weather reporting. The app now allows anyone to be a weather reporter. Confirm the weather or report your weather conditions and take part in improving our data and forecasts.
- Performance improvements you won't necessarily notice but definitely enhancing your experience with the app.
Thank you for your continuous support and comments! Do not hesitate to share your feedback with us via email@example.com.
People were complaining about large location icons, fast radar time lapse, etc. Well guess what? There's options to change those in Settings! Just because you're not App Savvy doesn't mean you should give bad ratings and complain. I'm a 47 year-old single mother and if I can figure out what the circular gear icon symbol means and tap it to find the settings you can too!
You can also choose map or satellite imagery, the degree of clarity on the coverage of the "clouds" so you can still see what city it is. Change the speed of the playback. How long do you want that red pin with the nice, visible print for the location to stay there? 10 seconds or 1 minute? I think there were 4 options.
Those are just the ones I looked at before the "please rate the app" popped up.
I really like it and find it functional, accurate (so far), and not too difficult for a grandmother to use. If you can't figure it out, get your kids to help. 😊
Serious weather app
This app literally saved my life. I was near Purdue university and had to drive to Dayton Ohio. Severe rain, hard to see. Then the phone started beeping and telling me there was a tornado in the area. I pulled underneath an overpass and looked at the weather map. Do I stay put or keep going. Weather map showed storm center behind me and about 15 minutes away and approaching my location. If I kept going I would head out of the storm. If I stayed put I would get hit with the worst. I kept going. The place I stayed the night before got wasted by the tornado. I was able to stay safe having accurate weather on my phone.
Works as advertised!
Great app, works great, weather or not you choose to give it permission to access your location. No crashes or hang ups and doesn't use your location for anything other than providing relevant weather info. Widget works great too. Never seen any advertisements on it... but, I also paid for the pro version from the start. The addition of being able to report/confirm the weather (as of a recent update) is great... assuming the users' honesty, it will help fine tune the overlays and increase prediction accuracy, especially in more unpredictable "scattered" conditions. Great work!
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Dec 20, 2016
- Version: 3.16
- Size: 82.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: IAC Search & Media Europe Ltd.
- © 2014-2016 IAC Search & Media Technologies Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.