NOAA Radar Pro: Weather Alerts
By Apalon Apps
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
NOAA Radar Pro is a powerful yet easy-to-use weather station right on your device. Real-time animated weather radar images on a highly interactive map enhanced with severe weather warnings and alerts won't let bad weather take you by surprise!
* Get a push notification whenever an alert is issued (tornadoes, flood warnings, snow storms, and more) without opening the app!
* Radar and Satellite overlays show real-time rain, snow, mixed precipitation, and cloud cover in high resolution and vivid colors.
* Rain map provides rain forecast for the range of next 24 hours right on the terrain map.
* Snow depth map. Get local and global view of current snow layer.
* All National Weather Service watches, warnings, and other alerts are shown on the map as interactive polygons covering the territories they're active for. Tap one to get the full alert text.
* Detailed weather info for locations includes current conditions, 24-hour and 7-day forecasts, plus active alerts for practically any location in the USA.
* Hurricane Tracker displays past and current positions of tropical storms along with their forecasted path.
- Notification Center Widget. Get access to the current temperature, today’s Min and Max, weather forecast for the coming hours, with a single swipe
- Tropical storms & hurricane tracks with forecast right on the map
- Choose the number of frames, animation speed, set opacity for radar and satellite overlays
- Easy location search. Search by name, or just long tap any spot on the map to get detailed weather for it
- Bookmarks. Quickly switch between your favorite spots to see the weather there
- Background maps: standard, hybrid, satellite
- Precise weather data from the nearest weather station
- 24-hour and 7-day weather forecast for any location you choose
- Current and "Feels Like" temperature. Today’s Min and Max
- Chance of precipitation, humidity
- Pressure, wind speed, and visibility details, dewpoint info
- Sunrise & sunset time
Take your weather watching to the next level. Track the latest weather activity in smooth high-definition. See what weather is coming your way, and keep you and your family safe.
Radar images are available for the United States (Continental US, Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico), Canada, Australia, European Union (the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Italy (western), Denmark (southeast), Poland (western), Czech Republic, Austria (northwestern), Japan.
Rain map, satellite images and detailed weather info is available worldwide.
Hurricane tracker provides Pacific and Atlantic coverage.
NWS watches, warnings, advisories – the USA only.
What's New in Version 3.20
– iPhone X ready – interface tailored for the brand new iPhone X
– Performance and stability improvements for flawless work on iOS 11
– NOAA Radar Pro is now available in Thai, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Norwegian, Swedish and Danish.
Thank you for your continuous support and comments! Do not hesitate to share your feedback with us via email@example.com.
Great Satellite but no Radar
This app has good accuracy for weather (so a good 2-3 days out) but it’s great for a few hours. The only real knock I have on it is that it does not have a live radar mode so you can judge for yourself what is happening (or on the way) in your specific area (which is too bad since the satellite feature is so good). But for free, you can’t do much better than this app.
NOAA App Review
The app works pretty well. I would like it more if it would update more frequently and provide information about specific weather conditions such as snow, sleet and freezing rain or black ice, rather than precipitation. People who live in the south need to know this information as we are not acclimated to driving in these conditions.
Good app. Great radar. Precipitation percentages getting better but needs improvement. Maybe sunrise/set times and high/low tides could be added so I don't need another app.
Update. Still like the app. Provides accurate current information but I use another app for forecasting precipitation.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Dec 04, 2017
- Version: 3.20
- Size: 96.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Danish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: IAC Search & Media Europe Ltd.
- © 2014-2017 IAC Search & Media Technologies Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.