NOAA Radar US - HD Weather Radar and Forecasts
By Shuksan Software, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Fast. Simple. Reliable. Hi-resolution. Predictive radar. Severe weather warnings. Snow/mixed precipitation display. Forecasts. As millions of our customers have discovered, NOAA RadarUS delivers everything you need in a app for viewing animated weather radar images.
Want more? Check out these unique features in our app:
• Choice of radar images with or without snow/freezing rain display
• Hourly predicted radar from NOAA weather models
• Choice of radar color schemes.
• Clutter control to suppress false radar echoes.
• Optional image smoothing that lets you either remove image pixellation or display the radar image as accurately as possible.
• Composite images of echo tops, composite reflectivity, and storm total precipitation.
Want the whole story? Here are all of the features:
• 7 day forecasts and current conditions -- just press and hold for a second on the radar map.
• Severe weather (flash flood, tornado, and severe thunderstorm) warnings. Tap on a warning box to display the full warning message from the National Weather Service. Note: these are *not* push alerts. The app must be open to view the warnings.
• Cloud cover and satellite imagery for the continental United States.
• Advanced radar layers (echo tops, composite reflectivity, and storm total precipitation).
• Play, pause, and step animations.
• Fast zoom in and zoom out.
• Choice of radar palettes.
• Multiple map styles (terrain, map, satellite, and hybrid).
• Displays time of radar image either as absolute time or relative to the current time.
• Full screen, portrait, and landscape views.
• GPS locator that finds and displays your current location.
• Adjust the transparency (opacity) of the radar or cloud cover overlays.
• Automatic refresh when new radar or cloud cover data is available.
• Set your location by zip code, city name, or address.
• Legend for radar and cloud cover overlays.
• Saves and restores your last location and zoom level.
Note: Radar coverage only includes the continental United States. Alaska, Hawaii, and other US controlled territories are not included.
Please follow our Twitter stream at twitter.com/shuksansoft for breaking news and status updates.
What's New in Version 1.6.4
Now works on T-mobile cellular networks that only support ipv6
Bug fixes and stability enhancements
Love this app!
This app does exactly what it says it will do, and does it better than any other app I've seen. It is easy to use, it provides more types of weather information than most and clearly explains what they are, and the information is always current. My family participates in lots of outdoor activities (horses, hiking, golf, fishing). We are very interested in the weather, and truly appreciate the consistent, clear information presented by this app!!!
Very nicely done! Thank you!!!
Great App,I use it on my boat all the time,Best I have seen. First let me say that the information is right on, I use it for locating sand bars and good bottom for flounder fishing, I also use it for the storms, many of times I would have run back to the ramp if it wasn't for the App, I would def recommend it to any serious fisherman, the details are amazing , Thanks guys for making a great app for the serious fisherman or just the average boat owner, def a 10 out 10 score, Thanks again
One word. Accurate.
This app is hands-down the best weather app I have ever used. Whether it's following the path of an impending storm in my local area or to check on weather in another state with friends and family near, I have been able to rely on this app to provide clear, concise and accurate weather information. The cost was minimal for the accurate information I need.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Aug 27, 2016
- Version: 1.6.4
- Size: 7.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Shuksan Software, LLC
- © Shuksan Software, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.