NOAA Radar US - HD Weather Radar and Forecasts
By Shuksan Software, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Fast. Simple. Reliable. Hi-resolution. Predictive radar. Severe weather warnings. Snow/mixed precipitation display. Forecasts. As millions of our customers have discovered, NOAA RadarUS delivers everything you need in a app for viewing animated weather radar images.
Want more? Check out these unique features in our app:
• Choice of radar images with or without snow/freezing rain display
• Hourly predicted radar from NOAA weather models
• Choice of radar color schemes.
• Clutter control to suppress false radar echoes.
• Optional image smoothing that lets you either remove image pixellation or display the radar image as accurately as possible.
• Composite images of echo tops, composite reflectivity, and storm total precipitation.
Want the whole story? Here are all of the features:
• 7 day forecasts and current conditions -- just press and hold for a second on the radar map.
• Severe weather (flash flood, tornado, and severe thunderstorm) warnings. Tap on a warning box to display the full warning message from the National Weather Service. Note: these are *not* push alerts. The app must be open to view the warnings.
• Cloud cover and satellite imagery for the continental United States.
• Advanced radar layers (echo tops, composite reflectivity, and storm total precipitation).
• Play, pause, and step animations.
• Fast zoom in and zoom out.
• Choice of radar palettes.
• Multiple map styles (terrain, map, satellite, and hybrid).
• Displays time of radar image either as absolute time or relative to the current time.
• Full screen, portrait, and landscape views.
• GPS locator that finds and displays your current location.
• Adjust the transparency (opacity) of the radar or cloud cover overlays.
• Automatic refresh when new radar or cloud cover data is available.
• Set your location by zip code, city name, or address.
• Legend for radar and cloud cover overlays.
• Saves and restores your last location and zoom level.
Note: Radar coverage only includes the continental United States. Alaska, Hawaii, and other US controlled territories are not included.
Please follow our Twitter stream at twitter.com/shuksansoft for breaking news and status updates.
What's New in Version 1.6.2
iOS 7 bug fixes
The most accurate radar app in the store.
… and yes I've tried almost all of them! Currently I have four weather apps on my iPhone: Accuweather because I think it has best interface for quickly reading weather & forecast information. WeatherBug because it has pollen count & semi-realtime lightning strike information. The built-in Yahoo! app cuz it's there. And this app because it's radar accuracy is amazing.
ALL other weather apps I've tried often have misleading radar information - usually indicating rain when there is none (I need real accuracy for part of my business). Radar US is so accurate I can predict when rain will hit me and am usually correct give or take 1-2 minutes! I've amazed several people by doing so!
This app lacks easy to read temperature summaries, detailed forecasts, & other info. But that's fine by me because when I want to see the radar I skip all the other apps and go straight to this one.
Not only displays storms, but lets you move them
I keep several weather radar apps on my iPhone. Echo returns vary somewhat between them, so it's useful to jury an opinion amongst them. I recently downloaded this app to find that it's nothing particularly special, except for its unintentional feature on the iPhone 6 Plus that allows you to move a storm north or south on the map by opening or closing the radar loop playback controls. While this isn't very neighborly, you can certainly avert damage to your own property by sending a storm to a neighboring community. That's amazing power for a $1.99 app. Seriously though, the bug only occurs in landscape mode, but it can be confusing if you lose track of which is the actual storm position. If you rely on this app in a severe weather situation, it could of course be dangerous in a moment of confusion. An email to support resulted only in a vague automated response suggesting to restart the app or reinstall it. The app has not been updated in 18 months. Developers, if you're going to charge, the app needs to run properly.
Much ado about very little
I've had this app on my iPhone 4s for nearly 2 yrs now. I've tried every available option during clear skies and major snow storms and still this app shows nothing or very little. I verified that I had a strong connection as well, still nothing other than the map displays. I wish I could "return" this app and get my money back. My friend with the same phone had the same experience and deleted it. Even if it's only a couple bucks I hate paying for something that doesn't work and being taken. I use 4 other Wx apps that do WAY more and are much more informative. It's surprising this actually is designed by NOAA people. It's nearly useless to me other than seeing what I already know. I wouldn't waste my money on this one if I were you. Hasn't even been an update since I got this app. What up NOAA??
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Oct 02, 2013
- Version: 1.6.2
- Size: 5.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Shuksan Software, LLC
- © Shuksan Software, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.