NOAA Radar US - HD Weather Radar and Forecasts
By Shuksan Software, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Fast. Simple. Reliable. Hi-resolution. Predictive radar. Severe weather warnings. Snow/mixed precipitation display. Forecasts. As millions of our customers have discovered, NOAA RadarUS delivers everything you need in a app for viewing animated weather radar images.
Want more? Check out these unique features in our app:
• Choice of radar images with or without snow/freezing rain display
• Hourly predicted radar from NOAA weather models
• Choice of radar color schemes.
• Clutter control to suppress false radar echoes.
• Optional image smoothing that lets you either remove image pixellation or display the radar image as accurately as possible.
• Composite images of echo tops, composite reflectivity, and storm total precipitation.
Want the whole story? Here are all of the features:
• 7 day forecasts and current conditions -- just press and hold for a second on the radar map.
• Severe weather (flash flood, tornado, and severe thunderstorm) warnings. Tap on a warning box to display the full warning message from the National Weather Service. Note: these are *not* push alerts. The app must be open to view the warnings.
• Cloud cover and satellite imagery for the continental United States.
• Advanced radar layers (echo tops, composite reflectivity, and storm total precipitation).
• Play, pause, and step animations.
• Fast zoom in and zoom out.
• Choice of radar palettes.
• Multiple map styles (terrain, map, satellite, and hybrid).
• Displays time of radar image either as absolute time or relative to the current time.
• Full screen, portrait, and landscape views.
• GPS locator that finds and displays your current location.
• Adjust the transparency (opacity) of the radar or cloud cover overlays.
• Automatic refresh when new radar or cloud cover data is available.
• Set your location by zip code, city name, or address.
• Legend for radar and cloud cover overlays.
• Saves and restores your last location and zoom level.
Note: Radar coverage only includes the continental United States. Alaska, Hawaii, and other US controlled territories are not included.
Please follow our Twitter stream at twitter.com/shuksansoft for breaking news and status updates.
What's New in Version 1.6.2
iOS 7 bug fixes
The most accurate radar app in the store.
… and yes I've tried almost all of them! Currently I have four weather apps on my iPhone: Accuweather because I think it has best interface for quickly reading weather & forecast information. WeatherBug because it has pollen count & semi-realtime lightning strike information. The built-in Yahoo! app cuz it's there. And this app because it's radar accuracy is amazing.
ALL other weather apps I've tried often have misleading radar information - usually indicating rain when there is none (I need real accuracy for part of my business). Radar US is so accurate I can predict when rain will hit me and am usually correct give or take 1-2 minutes! I've amazed several people by doing so!
This app lacks easy to read temperature summaries, detailed forecasts, & other info. But that's fine by me because when I want to see the radar I skip all the other apps and go straight to this one.
Much ado about very little
I've had this app on my iPhone 4s for nearly 2 yrs now. I've tried every available option during clear skies and major snow storms and still this app shows nothing or very little. I verified that I had a strong connection as well, still nothing other than the map displays. I wish I could "return" this app and get my money back. My friend with the same phone had the same experience and deleted it. Even if it's only a couple bucks I hate paying for something that doesn't work and being taken. I use 4 other Wx apps that do WAY more and are much more informative. It's surprising this actually is designed by NOAA people. It's nearly useless to me other than seeing what I already know. I wouldn't waste my money on this one if I were you. Hasn't even been an update since I got this app. What up NOAA??
Most used app
I've been using this for, I would guess, about three years. It hasn't let me down yet. If I want to know if it's going to rain soon, or if it's going to rain in the next few hours, or even if it's going to rain in the next few days, I just open up the app and I have my answer. It's most useful when traveling, or when attending an outdoor event like a concert or ball game. And even though I don't live in tornado country myself, my parents (who refuse to get smartphones) do so I've bookmarked their location and let them know if they should be alert for storms in their area. All in all, highly recommended.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Oct 02, 2013
- Version: 1.6.2
- Size: 5.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Shuksan Software, LLC
- © Shuksan Software, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.