Fast. Simple. Reliable. Hi-resolution. Predictive radar. Severe weather warnings. Snow/mixed precipitation display. Forecasts. As millions of our customers have discovered, NOAA RadarUS delivers everything you need in a app for viewing animated weather radar images.
Want more? Check out these unique features in our app:
• Choice of radar images with or without snow/freezing rain display
• Hourly predicted radar from NOAA weather models
• Choice of radar color schemes.
• Clutter control to suppress false radar echoes.
• Optional image smoothing that lets you either remove image pixellation or display the radar image as accurately as possible.
• Composite images of echo tops, composite reflectivity, and storm total precipitation.
Want the whole story? Here are all of the features:
• 7 day forecasts and current conditions -- just press and hold for a second on the radar map.
• Severe weather (flash flood, tornado, and severe thunderstorm) warnings. Tap on a warning box to display the full warning message from the National Weather Service. Note: these are *not* push alerts. The app must be open to view the warnings.
• Cloud cover and satellite imagery for the continental United States.
• Advanced radar layers (echo tops, composite reflectivity, and storm total precipitation).
• Play, pause, and step animations.
• Fast zoom in and zoom out.
• Choice of radar palettes.
• Multiple map styles (terrain, map, satellite, and hybrid).
• Displays time of radar image either as absolute time or relative to the current time.
• GPS locator that finds and displays your current location.
• Adjust the transparency (opacity) of the radar or cloud cover overlays.
• Automatic refresh when new radar or cloud cover data is available.
• Set your location by zip code, city name, or address.
• Legend for radar and cloud cover overlays.
• Saves and restores your last location and zoom level.
Note: Radar coverage only includes the continental United States. Alaska, Hawaii, and other US controlled territories are not included.
Please follow our Twitter stream at twitter.com/shuksansoft for breaking news and status updates.
Rotation bug fix
Ratings and Reviews
Bare bones but fast, well worth $
Edit and downgrade: Am downgrading to four star from five star. The reason because in the latest update I no longer have the option for full screen of the radar. I am now unable to temporarily remove the bottom toolbar which in Treut at two special screen real estate when I want to look at the radar map. Why in the world with a developer remove that feature which is one of the main reasons why I paid for the subscription and gave it a five star originally.
Most all free weather apps are bloated with huge file sizes and are slow to load updated radar. They have too many complicated layers and try to do everything. This little app is only 7 megs whereas other weather apps are between 75 and 150 megs. So it’s fast and does its jjob very well in the radar department. A huge plus for this app is that the map shows practically the entire screen which is a great thing for those who use the smaller iPhones. No more clutter intruding on the precious screen real estate. Today I got to test it extensively in southeast Alabama with numerous pop up thunderstorms and it ALWAYS updated in 5 minutes or less. I must mention that this slim app has added bonus of using very little cellular data when using even aggressively. I use another app for basic weather forecasting etc. that is more detailed in that regard and it’s a free app called BeWeather, together with this simple but great radar app makes for a great combo. Highly recommend.
This is one of my most used apps! It has saved me a lot of time by seeing areaspu to avoid while traveling and what to expect while at home. The best example of how accurate this app is, it saved me from getting caught in a tornado in northern Colorado. I noticed dark black clouds in the direction I was traveling. I viewed the app, saw deep dark reds and purples ahead so I pulled over and stopped my vehicle. I waited for about 20 minutes until the storm on the app had passed. As I proceeded on my trip, their were several cars and 18 wheelers flipped over and damaged, some with injuries! I'll keep this app AL!WAYS!
Go to radar app
I have many various weather apps as I spend a considerable amount of time out on the big waters of Lake Superior. This is my "go to" radar app when I need to know what's going on with approaching weather. Also, I'm a real estate broker and spend considerable time way back in the woods of the upper peninsula. Whenever I'm heading into the backwoods, I set this app to the satellite image mode for pinpoint accuracy of my location. This is one of my top 5 apps out of more than 100 on my device to choose from!
- Shuksan Software, LLC
- 7.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Shuksan Software, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.