NOAA SuperRes Radar US - HD Weather Radar and Forecasts
By Shuksan Software, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NOAA SuperRes Radar is the only app in the app store that offers access to stunningly beautiful super hi-resolution radar mosaics for the continental US. SuperRes radar has 4 times the resolution of typical weather radar products (250 meters vs 1000 meters), so you will be able to view storm features that can't be viewed in ordinary radar apps. No other app delivers radar mosaics with this kind of accuracy in such an easy to use package.
In addition to Level 2 radar, NOAA RadarUS+ offers access to hurricane tracks and water vapor imagery as well as all of the features of our best-selling NOAA RadarUS app:
- 3 and 6 day precipitation and pressure forecasts from NOAA weather models
- Temperature overlay
- Snow/mixed precipitation display (only on 1km base reflectivity radar layer)
- 7 day forecasts and current conditions -- just press and hold for a second on the radar map.
- Hourly predicted radar
- Severe weather (flash flood, tornado, and severe thunderstorm) warnings. Tap on a warning box to display the full warning message from the National Weather Service. Note: these are *not* push alerts. The app must be open to view the warnings.
- Cloud cover and satellite imagery for the continental United States
- Advanced radar layers (echo tops, composite reflectivity, and storm total precipitation).
- Play, pause, and step animations
- Fast zoom in and zoom out
- Choice of radar palettes
- Multiple map styles (terrain, map, satellite, and hybrid)
- Displays time of radar image either as absolute time or relative to the current time
- Full screen, portrait, and landscape views
- GPS locator that finds and displays your current location
- Adjust the transparency (opacity) of the radar or cloud cover overlays
- Radar clutter filtering and smoothing
- Automatic refresh when new radar or cloud cover data is available
- Search for a location by zip code, city name, or address
- Legend for radar and cloud cover overlays
- Saves and restores your last location and zoom level
Note: Radar coverage only includes the continental United States. Alaska, Hawaii, and other US controlled territories are not included.
Please follow our Twitter stream at twitter.com/shuksansoft for breaking news and status updates.
What's New in Version 1.6.2
iOS 7 bug fixes
Excellent Radar App
As a SkyWarn storm spotter, this app gives much needed info on tracking storms, severity of cells, cloud tops, water vapor imagery and infrared. This app is very well designed and has lots of features for storm spotting and everyday use. It's my #3 goto app since it provides info other radar apps don't. It's a great app. One of the best apps in my weather app toolbox.
Best High-Res Radar
I love this app for the high-resolution radar. It is smooth to zoom and pan, the data is accurate, and there are many (but not too many) settings to tweak for personal preference perfection. This app also has a screen that shows cloud height which is super useful when tracking storm severity and potentially dangerous situations.
Forget the others
Don't bother with the other radar applications, I've tried all of them and this application far exceeds the other ones. Not only does this have many options it is also very quick to refresh and very responsive to input from the radar services. Worth if he will not be disappointed this application.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Oct 07, 2013
- Version: 1.6.2
- Size: 5.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Shuksan Software, LLC
- © Shuksan Software, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.