NOAA Weather Radar - Live Doppler Radars with National Weather Forecast & Maps
By Apalon Apps
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Optimized for iOS 9!
NOAA Weather Radar is a powerful yet easy-to-use weather station right on your device. Real-time animated weather radar images on a highly interactive map won’t let bad weather take you by surprise!
Radar and Satellite overlays show real-time rain, snow, mixed precipitation, and cloud cover in high resolution and vivid colors.
Detailed Weather info for locations includes current conditions, 24-hour and 3-day forecasts.
- Easy location search. Search by name, or just long tap any spot on the map to get detailed weather for it
- Bookmarks. Quickly switch between your favorite spots to see the weather there
- Background maps: standard, hybrid, satellite
- Choose animation speed, set opacity for radar and satellite overlays
- Precise weather data from the nearest meteo station
- 24-hour and 3-day weather forecast for any location you choose
- Current and "Feels Like" temperature. Today’s Min and Max
- Pressure, humidity, wind speed, and visibility details, dew point info
- Chance of Precipitation parameter will give you a heads-up about upcoming rain, hail, sleet, or snow days ahead before their landfall
- Sunrise & sunset time
Take your weather watching to the next level. Track the latest weather activity in smooth high-definition. See what weather is coming your way, and keep you and your family safe.
Radar images are available only for the Continental United States, Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.
Satellite images and detailed weather info is provided for the USA plus the whole World.
What's New in Version 3.6
This update has a bunch of iOS9-specific features for your convenience!
- Get straight to the weather in your favorite locations as they now appear in Spotlight search results on your device.
- Take advantage of the optimized app size: download updates faster and use the space for other apps.
- Interact with NOAA Weather Radar on your iPad* in new ways using iOS 9 multitasking features (Split View and Slide Over);
* While Split View is supported only by the iPad Air 2, Slide Over is available for a wider range of iPads.
Disappointed by NOAA
This app has most everything. There are some things I do not like and don’t work.
For example one swipes left or right to various pages, but if you swipe down, as you many be in the habit from other weather apps, you get reams of data from other “local" weather sites. That weather is nearly the same as my weather so WHY waste the bandwidth to acquire that information. I’m able to add my favorite sites so why get more than I specified? Then you have to swipe back up.
What DOES NOT Work: (!) The lunar phases which I use. In recent days the moon was a waxing gibbous and at this time of writing it IS a full moon. However, NOAA - of all people - got this wrong. The app says we are having a waning gibbous to be, days ago, it predicted today was the 3rd quarter. Not even close.
Great weather app
I like it because of the current radar, the others don't seem to have that awesome feature and I like seeing where the precipitation is coming from. That is what separates this weather app from the others in my opinion. The free version is good, I'm not sure if in the paid version things are better but I didn't give 5 stars because it only gives a 3-day forecast not 5 or 10, and sometimes my map doesn't update when I open the app. Other than that I love it and would recommend it.
I LOVE this app!
I remember wishing there was a hand-held weather radar device (that was also affordable) back in the early 21st century so that I could keep an eye out for those small-but-powerful storm cells that are the norm in the SE US while out on the boat. Now there is and there is not an app that I use more frequently or depend on as much as the NOAA Weather Radar app. It is invaluable to me in my daily life!
Thank you NOAA for providing it!
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Sep 24, 2015
- Version: 3.6
- Size: 77.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: IAC Search & Media Europe Ltd.
- © 2014-2015 IAC Search & Media Technologies Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.