NOAA Weather Radar - Weather Forecast & HD Radar
By Apalon Apps
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NOAA Weather Radar is a powerful yet easy-to-use weather station right on your device. Real-time HD animated radar images on a highly responsive interactive map enhanced with severe weather alerts and accurate weather info for your exact location won't let bad weather take you by surprise!
Radar and Satellite overlays show real-time rain, snow, mixed precipitation, and cloud cover in high resolution and vivid colors.
Rain map provides rain forecast for the range of next 24 hours right on the terrain map.
Push notifications - get warned whenever there’s a weather alert for your current location (tornadoes, flood warnings, snow storms, and more).
Weather alerts for any location. Access detailed alert information at one tap on the ticker bar.
The only app where all National Weather Service watches, warnings, and other alerts are shown on the map as interactive polygons covering the territories they're active for. Tap one to get the full alert text.
Snow depth map. Get local and global view of current snow layer.
Detailed Weather info for locations includes current conditions, 24-hour and 7-day forecasts.
- Easy location search. Search by name, or just long tap any spot on the map to get detailed weather for it
- Bookmarks. Quickly switch between your favorite spots to see the weather there
- Background maps: standard, hybrid, satellite
- Choose animation speed, set opacity for radar and satellite overlays
- Precise weather data from the nearest meteo station
- 24-hour and 7-day weather forecast for any location you choose
- Current and "Feels Like" temperature. Today’s Min and Max
- Pressure, humidity, wind speed, and visibility details, dew point info
- Chance of Precipitation parameter will give you a heads-up about upcoming rain, hail, sleet, or snow days ahead before their landfall
- Sunrise & sunset time
Radar images are available for the United States (Continental US, Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico), Canada, Australia, European Union (the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Italy (western), Denmark (southeast), Poland (western), Czech Republic, Austria (northwestern), Japan.
Rain map, satellite images and detailed weather info is available worldwide.
Hurricane tracker provides Pacific and Atlantic coverage.
NWS watches, warnings, advisories – the USA only.
Get NOAA Weather Radar Premium
Upgrade to Premium version and get alerts for unlimited number of saved locations, access hurricane tracker functionality for the whole duration of your plan. Become a Premium user and enjoy ad-free weather on your iPhone and iPad.
* Choose from 3 subscription options:
- a 3-month subscription (which comes with a 1-month free trial) for $0,99 USD;
- a 3-month subscription for $0,99 USD;
- an annual subscription for $1,99 USD.
* Subscription with a free trial period will automatically renew to a paid subscription unless you cancel your subscription in iTunes settings at least 24-hours before the end of the free trial period. Subscription payments will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and upon commencement of each renewal term.
* Please note: any unused portion of a free trial period (if offered) will be forfeited when you purchase a premium subscription during the free trial period.
* You can cancel a free trial or subscription anytime cancelling your subscription through your iTunes account settings. This must be done 24 hours before the end of a free trial or subscription period to avoid being charged. The cancellation will take effect the day after the last day of the current subscription period, and you will be downgraded to the free service.
What's New in Version 3.17
- The new version introduces Premium features including hurricane tracker, alerts for unlimited number of saved locations, ads removal. Join Premium to unlock this functionality.
- Performance improvements you won't necessarily notice but definitely enhancing your experience with the app.
Thank you for your continued support and comments submitted by email! Don't hesitate to share your impressions and feedback with us via email@example.com
This had been recommended, and I had it on my phone for a while; forgot why I took it off, other than that the local TV station's app was working pretty well, and I wanted fewer apps installed.
Tried it today, with the current weather emergency, and couldn't get as much info as the other apps. This app shows less info, and less clearly, than Storm (for example). I can't see through the overlay to see geographical information, and the Opacity control is not obvious. Can hardly see any change between the extremes, and neither extreme allows clear view of the ground.
I've started using one special test for all weather apps: does it show barometric trends (not just current pressure). Not relevant in this app: every other app shows radar as a single feature among several; this app only shows radar, and ads pop up all the time.
Much prefer Storm, even with the ads (which are less obtrusive than on this app)
Can't explore the app; all I get is ads!
I've been using Storm for over 3 years, paying $2 each year to remove the ads. Now they've made the boneheaded decision to not allow customers to pay to remove ads, so I'm looking for another weather app. I downloaded this one and a few more to compare features, and when I pick one, I'll pay to remove the ads.
Unfortunately, I can't explore this app's features, because every time I try to figure out how to do something, the map goes away and a full-screen ad replaces it. If you won't leave me alone long enough to figure out how to even USE the app, there ain't no way in 'ell I'm going to keep it. Bottom line... your plethora of ads have prevented me from paying to remove the ads! The WeatherBug app is looking pretty good...
Meets all expectations plus
All I wanted is a good radar because I travel each week in USA. Having developed software for over 40 years and being a team lead for a global company. This app rates high for me when comparing to other apps which are out there. I tell my teams all the time K.I.S.S. when coding, bells and whistles are only for holidays! This is a very good everyday useful informative mobile app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Apr 18, 2017
- Version: 3.17
- Size: 108 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: IAC Search & Media Europe Ltd.
- © 2014-2016 IAC Search & Media Technologies Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases