NOAA Weather Radar.
By Apalon Apps
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Make the most of the real-time animated radar images on a highly responsive interactive map. Severe weather alerts and accurate weather info for your exact location won't let bad weather take you by surprise!
- Radar and Satellite overlays show real-time rain, snow, mixed precipitation, and cloud cover in high resolution and vivid colors.
- Rain map provides rain forecast for the range of next 24 hours right on the terrain map.
- Push notifications - get warned whenever there’s a weather alert for your current location (tornadoes, flood warnings, snow storms, and more).
- Weather alerts for any location. Access detailed alert information at one tap on the ticker bar.
- All National Weather Service watches, warnings, and other alerts are shown on the map as interactive polygons covering the territories they're active for. Tap one to get the full alert text.
- Snow depth map. Get local and global view of current snow layer.
- Detailed Weather info for locations includes current conditions, 24-hour and 7-day forecasts.
- Easy location search. Search by name, or just long tap any spot on the map to get detailed weather for it
- Bookmarks. Quickly switch between your favorite spots to see the weather there
- Background maps: standard, hybrid, satellite
- Choose animation speed, set opacity for radar and satellite overlays
- Precise weather data from the nearest meteo station
- 24-hour and 7-day weather forecast for any location you choose
- Current and "Feels Like" temperature. Today’s Min and Max
- Pressure, humidity, wind speed, and visibility details, dew point info
- Chance of Precipitation parameter will give you a heads-up about upcoming rain, hail, sleet, or snow days ahead before their landfall
- Sunrise & sunset time
Radar images are available for the United States (Continental US, Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico), Canada, Australia, European Union (the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Italy (western), Denmark (southeast), Poland (western), Czech Republic, Austria (northwestern), Japan.
Rain map, satellite images and detailed weather info is available worldwide.
Hurricane tracker provides Pacific and Atlantic coverage.
NWS watches, warnings, advisories – the USA only.
Get NOAA Weather Radar Premium
Upgrade to Premium version and get alerts for unlimited number of saved locations, access hurricane tracker functionality for the whole duration of your plan. Become a Premium user and enjoy ad-free weather on your iPhone and iPad.
* Choose from 3 subscription options
* Subscription with a free trial period will automatically renew to a paid subscription unless you cancel your subscription in iTunes settings at least 24-hours before the end of the free trial period. Subscription payments will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and upon commencement of each renewal term.
* Please note: any unused portion of a free trial period (if offered) will be forfeited when you purchase a premium subscription during the free trial period.
* You can cancel a free trial or subscription anytime cancelling your subscription through your iTunes account settings. This must be done 24 hours before the end of a free trial or subscription period to avoid being charged. The cancellation will take effect the day after the last day of the current subscription period, and you will be downgraded to the free service.
For complete access to all NOAA Weather Radar features, you will need to allow access to the following:
*Location – so you can receive the weather forecast and severe weather alerts for your area.
*Notifications – so you can receive weather alerts.
What's New in Version 3.19
- Performance and stability improvements for flawless work on iOS 11.
Thank you for your continued support and comments submitted by email! Don't hesitate to share your impressions and feedback with us via email@example.com
Ads used to run at the screen bottom in a narrow banner. Now it throws full-screen ads that often force your click! I took this app off my phone!!!!!!!!!
IN RESPONSE TO THE DEVELOPER RESPONSE:
Thank you for stating what is obvious -you just wasted "ink" and time for no good reason. I was not unaware that there is a"premium subscription" that gets rid of the ads. The problem lies in how the ads are now run with COMPLETE OBNOXIOUSNESS!
I don't oppose ads in general when they are run as they used to be run on your app. The problem is that now they blow up full screen, instead of running discreetly on a banner at the bottom of the screen- which left me free to either continue checking my weather uninterrupted or clicking on an ad that truly caught my attention.
It's a cheap way to force the clicks and you just lost a consumer who was loyal in the past. And after reading other current reviews that offer comparisons between what you offer and what other apps offer(Storm, for example), I see I'm making an appropriate choice.
You must be getting paid per click. Why else would you ruin a perfectly good app with this style of ads display. You've gotten greedy. Tsk tsk tsk. Too bad. I believe you'll lose more customers than you'll gain.
If you are on the go, wether it between two cities in a single state or cross country it scan and change your mind if to continue or stop for the night, and last but not least it could change your mind to just go back and try another day.
In a recent trip I had complete half my trip and ran straight in to just the remnants of "Harvey". I was not given a choice but to stop in a place I would not wish my enemy. At least I had a roof over my head. However no lights, no water, and no air conditioner that worked.
My prior paid for "go to" app for radar is being discontinued so looked at this free version before considering the paid one. Disappointing. While I prefer a light colored v. dark background for radar (easier to read when you zoom down to street level) this seems clunky and harder to read. Uncertain if future cast is included in the pro version and if so, how much future time is included. Didn't see anything on lightening strikes which is important info. Recommend you advise whether these are included/excluded in your description as I am not inclined to buy pro after seeming the free one. Messy - could use some work. At this point I am highly unlikely to purchase any "lifetime" subscription having just been burned on my prior paid app.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Sep 19, 2017
- Version: 3.19
- Size: 113 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: IAC Search & Media Europe Ltd.
- © 2014-2017 IAC Search & Media Technologies Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases