NOAA Weather Radar Live is a powerful yet easy-to-use weather tracker right on your device. Make the most of the real-time animated radar images on a highly responsive interactive map. Severe weather alerts and accurate weather info for your exact location won't let bad weather take you by surprise!
- Radar and Satellite overlays show real-time rain, snow, mixed precipitation, and cloud cover in high resolution and vivid colors.
- Rain map provides rain forecast for the range of next 24 hours right on the terrain map.
- Push notifications - get warned whenever there’s a weather alert for your current location (tornadoes, flood warnings, snow storms, and more).
- Weather alerts for any location. Access detailed alert information at one tap on the ticker bar.
- All National Weather Service watches, warnings, and other alerts are shown on the map as interactive polygons covering the territories they're active for. Tap one to get the full alert text.
- Snow depth map. Get local and global view of current snow layer.
- Detailed Weather info for locations includes current conditions, 24-hour and 7-day forecasts.
- Easy location search. Search by name, or just long tap any spot on the map to get detailed weather for it
- Bookmarks. Quickly switch between your favorite spots to see the weather there
- Background maps: standard, hybrid, satellite
- Precise weather data from the nearest meteo station
- 24-hour and 7-day weather forecast for any location you choose
- Current and "Feels Like" temperature. Today’s Min and Max
- Pressure, humidity, wind speed, and visibility details, dew point info
- Chance of Precipitation parameter will give you a heads-up about upcoming rain, hail, sleet, or snow days ahead before their landfall
- Sunrise & sunset time
Radar images are available for the United States (Continental US, Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico), Canada, Australia, European Union (the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Italy (western), Denmark (southeast), Poland (western), Czech Republic, Austria (northwestern), Japan.
Rain map, satellite images and detailed weather info is available worldwide.
Hurricane tracker provides Pacific and Atlantic coverage.
NWS watches, warnings, advisories – the USA only.
Get NOAA Weather Radar Premium:
- Severe weather alerts for unlimited saved locations
- Hurricane tracker
- Lightning tracker
- No ads
* Choose from 3 subscription options
* Subscription with a free trial period will automatically renew to a paid subscription unless you cancel your subscription in iTunes settings at least 24-hours before the end of the free trial period. Subscription payments will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and upon commencement of each renewal term.
* Please note: any unused portion of a free trial period (if offered) will be forfeited when you purchase a premium subscription during the free trial period.
* You can cancel a free trial or subscription anytime cancelling your subscription through your iTunes account settings. This must be done 24 hours before the end of a free trial or subscription period to avoid being charged. The cancellation will take effect the day after the last day of the current subscription period, and you will be downgraded to the free service.
For complete access to all NOAA Weather Radar Live features, you will need to allow access to the following:
*Location – so you can receive the weather forecast and severe weather alerts for your area.
*Notifications – so you can receive weather alerts.
Meet the iOS-12 ready update of NOAA Weather Radar Live:
- Siri Shortcuts: get instant access to the essential weather data, including radar and precipitation maps, detailed weather forecast, and latest severe weather alerts by simply asking Siri.
- Lightning Notifications for Premium users: get notified whenever there is a lightning nearby and stay safe!
- Optimized performance for seamless running on iOS 12.
Thank you for your continuous support and comments! Do not hesitate to share your feedback with us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and Reviews
Love This App
Love it b/c it let’s me look at the weather in other cities before I finalize my travel plans so I will know what the weather will be where I’m going and the outlook for several days which makes it easy to make decisions to still go or postpone due to possible bad weather forecasted. For example I was planning a trip to the Mountain here in Asheville, North Carolina and found that the weather was not going to be in my favor due to snow. First, I’m disabled and can’t take chances on being stuck somewhere I’m not able to get back home cause they shut down the highway when bad weather comes. Second, where I currently reside in North Carolina we get plenty of bad weather from snow, sleet, freezing rain and blizzard (due to nor Easters). I don’t take chances at home so why would I want to take chances somewhere else. I can’t take a risk of falling b/c of several medical issues that restrict my ability to get around (both knees been replaced and currently waiting on date for lower spine surgery) along with several other medical issues that restrict my ability to just go and take unnecessary chances. This app helps me make smart decisions that will best help me protect my health. Love it. It’s a 5 Star App. Highly Recommend you get it if you don’t already have it.
Thank you for your honest and detailed review! We are very much happy to know that our app is so useful to you! Thank you very much for using it and for sharing your feedback with us!
Quick and clean
Ok, so I wasn’t happy about the $10/yr subscription, but I got hooked and I haven’t regretted it. I was, perhaps like many of you, a loyal user of Weather Underground’s excellent Storm app until it was replaced and ruined. I’ve bounced around some other apps since, but when I found this one it just clicked. First, it’s the fastest one I found. It takes about a third of the time as some others (including Weather Underground’s otherwise excellent regular app) to initially load the radar. And it looks great and moving around is really intuitive. It doesn’t offer as much detail as some other apps, but it gets the basics right. I can see in an instant the forecast, both hourly and daily, the humidity and wind, and I was able to customize it to show sunrise and sunset in the same screen. That’s what I need most. The hurricane tracker is neat but not something that by itself I would pay the premium price for. I wish it displayed weather fronts, but I can live without that. Notifications aren’t as customizable as Weather Underground’s, but they work. All in all, this does what I need it to do and does it very well.
Thank you for your kind words! We are always working on the app in order to bring it to the next level. If you have any ideas that would make the app even better for you - please feel free to share with us in the comments or at email@example.com. Your contribution is greatly appreciated!
App tricks you into paying upfront
Downloaded the app, authorized the download with my fingerprint, then opened the app and was immediately prompted by another screen asking for my fingerprint, right after I said that I didn’t want to pay, that I just wanted the free version, they don’t clarify that the free version is 7 days free, and after that is paid. When it prompted me the second time for my fingerprint, I never thought I’d be paying a week later, since I selected the free version. I know they’re going to say “but it says on the screen that it’s not free” thing is, they use smaller fonts and on the bottom, making it deceiving and impossible to see at first glance.
Also, NOAA is a government agency, pretty much the “Weather Bureau” (as you used to be called) you’re funded by taxes, literally “for the people by the people”, why do you charge people for an app, that only mirrors something that it’s already paid for with tax dollars, I know there’s app developers and support and everything, but the department doesn’t live off these payments through the AppStore, your department has an anual budget, so why, WHY, why charge people for something that’s already paid for, AND SUCH AN OUTRAGEOUS AMOUNT!?
Sorry for a possible confusion. We’re not affiliated or endorsed by NOAA. This information is provided in the app’s description and in the app’s help file under the Acknowledgements section. The NOAA part in the app’s name serves as reference to the original source of the radar data. Besides, we have a permit from NOAA to use it’s name and logo.
We're sorry for all these inconveniences caused by our app. The application does not initiate a payment unless you subscribe for Premium. If you had a free trial and haven’t canceled it, the account should have been charged only after the end of the trial period and then automatically according to the duration of your subscription plan. You can always cancel it through your device Settings - iTunes & App Store - Apple ID - View Apple ID - Subscriptions - Manage. Otherwise please contact Apple support directly. Thank you!
- IAC Search & Media Europe Ltd.
- 172.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014-2018 IAC Search & Media Technologies Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Full Access to Pro Features $2.99
- Full Access to Pro Features $9.99
- NOAA Weather Radar Premium $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.