NOAA Weather Radio HD
By Christopher Coudriet
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Exclusive Feature: Rewind and Replay Live NOAA broadcasts so you never miss a life saving alert!
NOAA Weather Radio HD is a PREMIUM NOAA WEATHER application to listen to over 200+ NOAA Weather Radio All Hazards Broadcasts. Get the latest Warnings, Watches, Advisories and Forecasts and other hazards 24 hours a day 7 days a week straight from the National Weather Service.
In addition NOAA Weather Radio HD can ALERT you to potentially life threatening weather via audible push notifications directly to your device 24/7 even if your not currently using the application and your device is asleep and locked. Also you will be able to retrieve the current conditions along with a detailed 4 day forecast for the weather station your listening to or you can get current conditions along with a detailed 4 day forecast based on your current location via GPS or Wifi. This is an amazing application and is available at the fraction of the cost of a real weather radio!
The BEST NOAA Weather Radio app PERIOD! The competition cant even come close to offering what this NOAA Weather Radio app offers you. If you want a HIGH quality app that gives you:
* Flawless Streaming of NOAA Broadcasts
* Life Saving Push Weather Alerts
* Weather Temperatures & Forecasts
* Animated 5x Zoomable Radar w/Warnings
* Tons of Weather Data from the NWS
* Lightning Detection
* Instant Customer Support
* and much more...
* Featured by Lifehacker.com!
* iPhone/iPod Users Please Get NOAA Weather Radio*
Top Features At A Glance:
* Choose Between Celsius Or Fahrenheit
* Access To All 172 Forecast Offices
* Marine Forecasts
* Zoomable Radar Up To 5x
* Animated Radar For All Covered Locations
* Largest Selection of NOAA Weather Radios
* FREE Weather Alert Push Notifications
* Simple Alert Setup Just Tap To Add
* Alerts For 1 or Multiple Locations.
* 200+ NOAA Weather Radio Broadcasts
* Daily/Hourly NOAA Weather Radio Broadcasts
* Statewide Watches, Warnings & Advisories
* SPC Severe Watches & Warnings
* Share Weather Alerts Via Facebook, Twitter
* Beautifully Displayed Weather Data
Other Features Include:
* Background Audio Support
* Fast & Responsive Customer Support Team
* Clean and Professional Designed
* Beautiful Retina Display Graphics
* Intuitive User Interface
Note: If your device is in vibrate/silent mode the sound attached to an alert will not be heard.
Having Problems? We can solve 99% of all issues you may be experiencing. Just send us an email with your concern and we will promptly address your situation.
What's New in Version 6.1
Minor UI bug fixes related to the release of iOS 7.1
Alerts are truncated
Since I keep getting these persistent pop-up requests to rate this app, I guess it's time to air my one major gripe with it. I really like the app and the audible warnings on my mobile device (even if the app isn't running) when a NOAA alert for the specified area is issued. However, what I don't like is that the source alerts are truncated and frequently the items of interest (for instance right now the depth of expected snowball) are cut off. So I end up having to go to the NWS website (or one of the online weather sites) to read the full text of the alert. Granted the alerts are sometimes lengthy in major metro areas where there is a large variance in expected weather from one section to another but this app should display the entire source document.
Very worthwhile app
This is a very worthwhile app! I was able to figure out how to use it in a reasonably short time. It does everything it claims to do (although I haven't had any watches/warnings issued in my area yet). I recommend getting the in-app Hi-resolution radar and the text forecasts as well. The 4 day forecast screen could be improved graphically but provides the necessary forecast information. All of the rest of the screens are very good. The lightning strike screen is also a great feature. I'm pleased with my purchase and know I will use this app often!
Best weather app going
This NOAA weather radio app is fantastic for a number of reasons with the most helpful ones being lightning strikes in the area, full NOAA radio coverage nationwide, and quick and easy to read radar views (with animations). I've already had numerous push alerts which not only cover my location currently but all my friend and relatives areas too country-wide. This app is a keeper and top of the heap as far as I've found to date. Keep up the great work.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Mar 18, 2014
- Version: 6.1
- Size: 29.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, Russian
- Seller: Christopher Coudriet
- © 2014 CrushedBoxSoftware
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Also Included In
Top In-App Purchases
- Text Forecasts and Alerts$0.99
- Enhanced Hi-Def Radar+$1.99