Noatikl 2 - Generative Music Lab
By Intermorphic Ltd.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Love generative music? Explore & design your own fascinating soundscapes with Noatikl, the evolution of SSEYO Koan. Noatikl's got the power, features and breadth of control that you need.
Who rates it? Computer Music Magazine described Noatikl 2 as “One of the best interactive composition tools on the market”. Noatikl 2 users have said things like “Outstanding App and a must for anybody interested in generative music”.
Why get Noatikl? With it you can:
• Help break composer's block with new melodies & ideas
• Have fun experimenting with custom 'inmo' generative music
• Create royalty free music and soundscapes: ambient, drone, EDM etc.
• Drive & generatively change external synth, FX & sampler settings
• Learn about modular synth sound and FX design
• Create / share / edit Noatikl pieces for use in Noatikl Mobile (not included)
• Create pieces for mixing together in Noatikl's brother, Mixtikl (not included)
• Play SKD files you may have made previously in SSEYO Koan (precursor to Noatikl)
• Build your own hyper-instrument (Desktop version only)
• Get creative with scripting (Desktop version only)
• Join the active Noatikl user community!
How it works:
Noatikl uses a range of generative, aleatoric, stochastic & algorithmic music techniques and parameters to generate its MIDI music notes and controller information (MIDI). This MIDI can be used to drive external synths or, for truly portable generative music, can be played through an integral and powerful modular synth and live FX system.
Key Noatikl parameters:
• Voice types: Ambient, Rhythmic, Repeat, Follows, Fixed Pattern - used to generate MIDI notes
• Rules: Scale, Harmony, Rhythm, Next Note, Listening – used to constrain and filter the notes composed
• Chords: Many parameters for controlling chording and arpeggiation
• Controllers & Micro controllers: Many parameters for controlling MIDI
• Note to MIDI CC Mapping: Used to emit MIDI controller data instead of MIDI events, useful for controlling synths and other parameters
• Many more ... see the Noatikl User Guide for detailed information on all parameters
Why Generative Music?
Generative music is "endless music created by a system". People want to explore it for a whole host of reasons - from wanting to break creative block to an urge to try something different; from pure musical curiosity to wanting to create endless music with a system; from reading about it to - well, you will have your own reasons! Just as in learning any instrument, to fashion the best music requires patience, experimentation and the honing of skills.
More info, user guide etc:
Desktop Audio Plugins:
• Not included but available separately
Support & Notes:
• Note: Refer to relevant EULAs / restrictions for any Tiklpak or 3rd party content used
• Twitter: http://twitter.com/intermorphic
• Facebook: http://facebook.com/intermorphic
Your App review or rating:
• If you want a personal response to any feedback or problem then please do submit it via our contact form or email@example.com. Thank you so much for your support and reviews! Tim & Pete
What's New in Version 2.3.8
- New: DLS Layer wavetable support
- Improved: native File Open dialog options (e.g. for .dls/.ogg/.wav browsing)
- Fixed: some scripts could cause a crash in 64-bit builds.
- Fixed: intermittent menu display problem at application start on
- Fixed: rare crash on stopping playback
- Prior to IAP unlock restrictions introduced for: play time/restart (5 mins)
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 03, 2013
- Version: 2.3.8
- Size: 14.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Intermorphic Limited
- © 2007-2013 Intermorphic Ltd
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor