Nobeltec TimeZero Marine Navigation
By MaxSea International
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
"Picking routes, waypoints, and marks on the TZ screen always seem easy and I always seem to find whatever option I might need." Ben Ellison, Panbo.com
"If you're a basic coastal cruiser this app will be a great addition to your Marine navigation tool box." Mark Messerli, i-marineapps.blogspot.com
Nobeltec TimeZero is the ultimate App for marine navigation. More than 95.000 customers around the world already trust TimeZero!
Nobeltec TimeZero is a marine navigation App specially designed for coastal sailors with the most cutting-edge and useful tools & data needed.
Thanks to the outstanding TimeZero technology and PhotoFusion feature, Nobeltec’s marine chart App has a powerful 3D chart engine allowing you to scroll, zoom and rotate the MapMedia Raster charts in no time.
ROBUST TECHNOLOGY & DATA
• 2D/3D chart display engine
• Complete navigation functions in full 2D/3D
• Patented PhotoFusion technology
• MapMedia Raster mm3d charts
• Your position on the chart
• Course (COG)
• Speed (SOG)
• Real-time weather and weather trends
• Tides and tidal currents
• Plot your position in real-time on the most accurate Raster marine charts thanks to the built-in geolocation features of your iPad (GPS and/or WiFi);
• Easily create waypoints and routes;
• Keep as many as 50 routes and display them easily at any time;
• Overlay complete tidal information (tide heights and tidal currents) directly on the chart;
• Thanks to PhotoFusion, overlay satellite photos for a perfect understanding of the coast line;
• Enjoy native compatibility with the FURUNO 1st Watch Wireless Radar (DRS4W) for radar overlay directly across your App's chart - Radar Module required;
• View AIS targets directly on your App's chart in real-time - AIS Module required;
• Configure your NavData panel to keep on screen the specific instrument readings that are most useful to you: COG, SOG, Pos, Accu., CTS, NEXT, TTG, DTW, XTE, VMC, ETA, TTA, DTA, Weather;
• Navigate instantly to a waypoint (Go-To tool);
• Choose the chart orientation (Course-Up or North-Up), go back instantly to your vessel (Center On vessel) and switch from 2D to a 3D full view in just one click;
• Undo/Redo feature, don’t worry about doing mistakes;
• Share your position and comments on Facebook.
The ultimate App for marine navigation.
Important Notice: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 2.0.4
Various bug fixes.
Love the 3D charts with photo fusion!
I've been a long time Nobeltec user for PCs, when I found this app I was hesitant at first because It looked to good to be true. Now I hardly use my PC for navigation as I find the app as good and much faster. I really like the way you can toggle between 3D and 2D. A very useful feature are the tides and currents and the way they are displayed. This app connects to my boat's NMEA0183 to display depth and SOG. I wish the app would also display wind information. I haven't tried the radar module but I suspect I will be looking into that soon. Great app!
Best Navigation App Interface
Like probably most sailors and boaters, I've tried a number of navigation apps. Navionics, iNavx, Plan2Nav, even Garmin. I find this one far more intuitive, and beyond easy to use - a joy to use. I'm also a cheap bastard, but this app is so good, I don't mind paying for the free NOAA charts. Admittedly, I do prefer raster charts overc ENCs.
For the most part the app is excellent, except for this bug that causes all the settings to appear upside down. I flip my iPad around and the screen flips but everything is still upside down. When I restart the app it will work fine for about 5 min. Then it does it again. It's done it before and after I've updated the app. Fix this bug, it's annoying.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jul 11, 2016
- Version: 2.0.4
- Size: 264 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: MaxSea International
- © 2015 Nobeltec Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Raster Charts NOAA U.S.A. Mega Wide$39.99
- Raster Charts Canada Mega Wide$49.99
- Raster Charts Caribbean Mega Wide$49.99
- AIS module$9.99
- Raster Bahamas Explorer Charts$49.99
- Radar module$49.99
- Raster Charts Mediterranean Sea - West Wide$49.99
- Raster Charts Mediterranean Sea - Central Wide$49.99
- Raster Charts Mediterranean Sea - East Wide$49.99
- Raster Charts Europe West Wide$49.99