By Red Giant Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Don’t just take a photo. Tell a story. Noir Photo lets you transform your photos with beautiful, dramatic lighting and instant results. Peel away the color to a cinematic black-and-white, apply a lovely tint, and then light up your subject. Touch and pinch the brightness Vignette and spin the Contrast and Exposure dials for white hot thrills and shadow-rich drama.
You tell a story in your photos with the glowing smile on your daughter’s face, or a moody skyline under radiant street lamps. Focus on the part that you love, massage your Noir Photo settings, and come up with something amazingly cool in a few seconds. Use Noir Photo to create bad-ass black, white & light in a color world.
The Artsy Details
• Simple & fast formula: Noir Photo is a fun and easy way to create images that tell a story --- with instant, beautiful results.
• Strip to cinematic black & white: Use Noir Photo to replace the color in your photo with a rich, cinematic black-and-white.
• Re-light the photo: A touchable, customizable Vignette lets you re-light the photo to show what’s important and shade out the rest.
• Tint the mood: Apply a sepia, silver, blue-gray or chartreuse tint to further set the mood. Choose from six presets to get started quickly.
• For your inner artist: Battle tested by artists, filmmakers and the geek dad next door, Noir Photo gets your creative ideas out fast.
Fast & Fun Controls
• Designed for play: Noir Photo’s fun dials and buttons look like analog spaceship dials, hi-fi fader controls and vintage stereo knobs.
• Vignette at your fingertips: Touch and pinch the Vignette to quickly highlight and light up the part of your photo that you care about. It’s fun and easy.
• Dial in high contrast: Use Contrast, Outer Exposure and Inner Exposure dials to massage the darks and lights around the Vignette.
• Stay in one place: Noir Photo’s preview area is huge and the controls are minimal so you play fast and never have to open a second panel.
• Works with every photo: Even if you are using low quality images, our specially-built controls protect important details and fight digital artifacts.
The Geeky Details
• Universal app: Your purchase enables iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices. Supports iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, Gen 3 and Gen 4 iPod Touch, iPad, and iOS 4.2 and higher.
• iPhone 4 resolution: Render has been developed to support 4 Megapixel output on iPhone 4. Support for high resolution 2592x2592 maximum output.
• iPad resolution: Render has been developed to support 4 Megapixel output on iPad. Support for high resolution 2048x2048 maximum output.
Thanks for enjoying Noir Photo! For more color fun, check out our Plastic Bullet Camera and Movie Looks apps. Or go to redgiant.com for color correction products that make Hollywood-quality video and photographs. Simple tools for Giant results.
Sincerely, the Red Giant Team
What's New in Version 1.1
Three big features:
* Fullscreen editing (touch at the top right of the control panel)
* Higher resolution editing
* Photo metadata is preserved on save
Not full resolution
Terribly overpriced and overrated.
Essentially, Noir is a vignette manipulation app. It offers 6 preconfigured vignette modes. Each has a slightly different color or tone all with a vintage feel.
Once you've chosen a vignette mode, you can place the vignette wherever you like and expand or contract it. You are limited to an oval vignette profile.
Other then vignette size, you can only make three modifications to your image, contrast inside the vignette oval, contrast outside, and overall contrast.
No independent white or black levels, no ability to add grain. These basic features are strangely missing from an app billed as a "black and white" powerhouse.
Ultimately, if you're looking for a monochrome app, you'll get broader tools in most other apps, including free apps.
The worst part is that Noir does not save images at full resolution. Max res is 3m. Nowhere in the description is this listed.
I use it every day. Literally.
This app is so incredible, yet so simple and easy to use. It gives you amazing control over the contrast and allows you to create vignettes or hotspots, burn out a sky to give it a deeper look, and add a sepia tone or really any color you'd like. This app can take a landscape photo taken with an iPhone and make it look like an Ansel Adams photograph. I could not praise this app enough. If you love black and white photography, it's worth every penny.
A keeper! creative & responsive
Hesitated to buy this given how long it's been around but fell in love instantly using it with M Pro. Terrific customization of vignettes with 6 v nice presets that update instantly when you change their shapes positions colors. Best of all can set the exposure of image and vignette separately, adjust contrast, save yr own presets. All in all inspiring + fun. Desktop OS please!
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Aug 10, 2011
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 8.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Red Giant Software
- Copyright: © Red Giant Software LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.