By Red Giant Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Don’t just take a photo. Tell a story. Noir Photo lets you transform your photos with beautiful, dramatic lighting and instant results. Peel away the color to a cinematic black-and-white, apply a lovely tint, and then light up your subject. Touch and pinch the brightness Vignette and spin the Contrast and Exposure dials for white hot thrills and shadow-rich drama.
You tell a story in your photos with the glowing smile on your daughter’s face, or a moody skyline under radiant street lamps. Focus on the part that you love, massage your Noir Photo settings, and come up with something amazingly cool in a few seconds. Use Noir Photo to create bad-ass black, white & light in a color world.
The Artsy Details
• Simple & fast formula: Noir Photo is a fun and easy way to create images that tell a story --- with instant, beautiful results.
• Strip to cinematic black & white: Use Noir Photo to replace the color in your photo with a rich, cinematic black-and-white.
• Re-light the photo: A touchable, customizable Vignette lets you re-light the photo to show what’s important and shade out the rest.
• Tint the mood: Apply a sepia, silver, blue-gray or chartreuse tint to further set the mood. Choose from six presets to get started quickly.
• For your inner artist: Battle tested by artists, filmmakers and the geek dad next door, Noir Photo gets your creative ideas out fast.
Fast & Fun Controls
• Designed for play: Noir Photo’s fun dials and buttons look like analog spaceship dials, hi-fi fader controls and vintage stereo knobs.
• Vignette at your fingertips: Touch and pinch the Vignette to quickly highlight and light up the part of your photo that you care about. It’s fun and easy.
• Dial in high contrast: Use Contrast, Outer Exposure and Inner Exposure dials to massage the darks and lights around the Vignette.
• Stay in one place: Noir Photo’s preview area is huge and the controls are minimal so you play fast and never have to open a second panel.
• Works with every photo: Even if you are using low quality images, our specially-built controls protect important details and fight digital artifacts.
The Geeky Details
• Universal app: Your purchase enables iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices. Supports iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, Gen 3 and Gen 4 iPod Touch, iPad, and iOS 4.2 and higher.
• iPhone 4 resolution: Render has been developed to support 4 Megapixel output on iPhone 4. Support for high resolution 2592x2592 maximum output.
• iPad resolution: Render has been developed to support 4 Megapixel output on iPad. Support for high resolution 2048x2048 maximum output.
Thanks for enjoying Noir Photo! For more color fun, check out our Plastic Bullet Camera and Movie Looks apps. Or go to redgiant.com for color correction products that make Hollywood-quality video and photographs. Simple tools for Giant results.
Sincerely, the Red Giant Team
What's New in Version 1.2
iOS7 and iPhone 5/5S support
I have been using this app for years with no complaints. But more recently I'm finding it does in fact lack a few things. I love the simplicity of its approach, and really it doesn't need to be more complicated than it is, but I'm feeling it could use a fresh UI. I've always felt that there is too much wasted screen space with the layout. Also the "fine tuning" is never just right. Adding in an linear option for better blending would be great.
I think you could ditch the scroll wheels and incorporate a more precise method. In addition, I don't see the need to offer the blue, green, and sepia options. I personally have never touched them. White balance can be much more easily added and controlled in other apps, while this one doesn't offer that option. Just my two cents worth ✌️
Doesn't actually work
This is a great concept. The app has a simple and intuitive layout. The effect produced is very nice, quick and easy to modify.
Too bad it doesn't actually work.
I've tried reinstalling, and after multiple attempts, it hasn't saved my image yet.
I don't want my money back, I just want the thing to work. Gosh.
I'm running an iPad mini second generation, with retina display and 64 bit processor. The hardware cannot be the issue, as everything else works just fine.
White freezing screen
I've been using this app for years and it's very frustrating when right after you try to save a pic it freezes on the directory screen, plus sometimes it flips the pics horizontally when you export them. This is such a good app just to leave it like this :(
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Mar 20, 2014
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 10.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Red Giant Software
- Copyright: © Red Giant Software LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.