Generate custom color noises including brown, pink, white, blue, and violet. Customize noise further by using low and high cut filters. Simple modern interface remembers all settings for quick generation and utilizes advanced mathematical formulas to generate all audio waves. There are no audio files included in the application binary which keeps app size to a minimum and app performance to a maximum.
What are benefits of listening to white noise?
- Helps you sleep by blocking distractions
- Pacifies fussy and crying babies
- Relaxes and reduces stress
- Increases focus while enhancing privacy
- Soothes headaches and migraines
- Masks tinnitus (ringing of the ears)
What are the different sound colors?
- White noise sounds similar to static of an analog TV or radio station that has stopped broadcasting. White noise has equal energy across all sound frequencies.
- Brown noise sounds like a powerful waterfall. It has more energy at the lower frequencies and if you have a good speaker system with a subwoofer you should be able to really feel it.
- Pink noise's upper sound frequencies don't fall off as fast as they do with brown noise, so you'll get a little more punch. The most interesting thing about pink noise is it's found in almost all electronic devices (known as flicker noise) and even in biological systems.
- Blue and violet noise are the opposites of pink and brown noise, respectively, and sound like spraying water from a garden hose. It has more energy at the higher frequencies which means more treble and less bass.
- Curious to learn more about color noises? Check out this article for all the details: http://www.tmsoft.com/white-noise-player/
Drag the Sound Color slider to select brown, pink, white, blue, violet, or somewhere in-between. Next, drag the low and high cut filters to further customize to your liking. Adjust device volume using the on-screen volume slider to a comfortable level. You can also specify to play audio to any AirPlay supported device. Toggle audio playback using the Play/Pause button.
Created by the audio experts at TMSOFT that brought you the famous White Noise app. Check out all our apps and sounds at http://www.tmsoft.com/
Updated libraries to be GDPR compliant and other minor improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Answer to prayer!!!
Thank you so much for this app!!! I noticed that the pulsating, humming, low frequency noise that I’ve been hearing has become louder. It has had a completely overwhelming negative effect on my ears, head, body and life in general. And I honestly did not need another thing to deal with! And now that the nice weather is here, everyone’s out with their noise makers, adding to the noise pollution. I started looking for “noise” generators, and came across apps... so I got on here, looking... I LOVE this app!!! It has been a game changer for sure!!! It’s simple to use and exactly what I need! And it’s great that I can blue tooth it into my cube speaker, and that drowns out everything!!! I actually deleted all my other apps! Again thank you so much!!!!
Straightforward noise generator
I chose the app knowing that I like a mix of brown/pink noise and don’t care about nature sounds or meditation or mood tracking, etc. So far, it’s just what I was looking for, except it doesn’t have an entry in settings. Do the advertising features access location? Read or collect other personal settings or data sources on the phone?
It would be nice if it had option to set a default play volume or max app volume independent of the main phone setting.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback! We appreciate your input and I will talk to the developers about the play volume option to see if this can be included in a future version.
Great Noise Gen, no background audio?
I really love the control over the noise generation in this app. It's hard to find one like this that doesn't have a bunch of other sleep noise in it. However, it seems to be a pretty big oversight to not have the app continue to generate audio in the background. Maybe this is a limitation of the OS because of the realtime synthesis rather than recording, but it hampers usability significantly.
Developer Response ,
Upgrade to 1.1 as we added background audio.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.