By Peter Andrews
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Anyone who has attempted to keep the noise level of a group of youngsters under control will appreciate this fun and engaging app.
A classroom management tool, it is principally aimed at teachers, graphically displaying background noise levels in a classroom in fun and engaging way.
Set the app running and watch the students control their own noise levels!
The teacher has total control of the app by setting the sensitivity, the volume "threshold level" at which the red background is displayed.
This Free version of Noisy? is intended to demonstrate the basic functionality of the Pro version which contains many more features, different themes and sound effects as well as a rewards based system.
• A Sensitivity slider for the meter to cater for quiet or noisier activities
• A Damping Slider, to minimise the effect of any sudden noises such as slamming doors or sneezes!
• Sensitivity / Damper Presets. Save up to 4 presets that work well for you in different classroom situations.
• A manual noise level “threshold” setting. The teacher can determine the point at which noise levels are excessive and set this on the meter. When combined with the Damper and Sensitivity adjustments this gives the teacher total control over the app.
• When the needle moves beyond the "threshold" setting the background of the app turn Red. When the needle moves below the threshold the back ground returns to Green.
• There is a “Pause” button. This can be useful when the Teacher needs to address the class, or perhaps for breaks etc.
• There is a contact form inside the app for teachers to provide feedback directly to the developers or to report any issues.
If you have any issues with the app please let us know first before leaving a bad review. We cannot respond to a review, but we will always respond to emailed questions / suggestions.
The app can be mirrored to computer screens, projectors and interactive whiteboards using Apples wireless mirroring technology.
- Category: Education
- Released: Mar 24, 2016
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 13.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Peter Andrews
- © 2016 Peter Andrews
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.