Nom Nom Paleo
By Nom Nom Paleo
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Webby Award-winning bestselling app from Michelle Tam and Henry Fong of Nom Nom Paleo, recognized by Saveur Magazine in 2012 as the world’s Best Special Diets Food Blog! The newly updated Nom Nom Paleo app makes cooking even more fun and inspirational—and takes all the guesswork out of cooking!
● 130+ simple, tantalizing recipes, all free of gluten, soy, and added sugar, sortable by food category, searchable by ingredients and category, and approved for the Whole30® nutritional re-set program. In this app, you’ll find a number of recipes that are exclusive to this app, and not available on the Nom Nom Paleo website or cookbook!
● 2,000+ stunning, high-resolution photos showing every step of the cooking process.
● Two different views for each recipe – one that allows you to linger on each step, and a more traditional Recipe Card view that shows the ingredients, equipment, and cooking instructions all on one screen.
● Fun and visually-engaging new user interface and design, including a Grid View that allows users to quickly scroll through and visually select recipes, along with an easy-to-use Recipe Index.
● Simple-to-follow instructions, including tips, shortcuts, and information about food and techniques.
● An interactive, email-friendly grocery list that makes food shopping a breeze.
● A newly-updated and extensive “Paleo 101” primer that explains the benefits of the “caveman” diet and provides resources for more information about ancestral health and nutrition.
● A Whole30-friendly 30-day meal plan with links to recipes.
● An in-depth shopping guide with product reviews and links to sources for cooking tools and ingredients.
● The ability to bookmark recipes, create a personalized category of favorite recipes, and add notes.
● A “constant-on” function to prevent the screen from dimming while you cook.
● The ability to email complete recipes and shopping lists.
● Mouth-watering, high-resolution images optimized to take full advantage of the new iPad’s Retina Display
Praise for Nom Nom Paleo:
● “...often Asian-influenced, often California-inspired, and always popping with flavor.” –The Kitchn
● “Truly extraordinary.” –Michael Ruhlman, James Beard Award-winning food writer
● “One of the most complete dietary companions you’ll find.” –The Daily
● “A must-have app.” –AppCraver
● “One of the best virtual cookbooks available in the App Store.” –148Apps
● “Brilliantly designed.” –Apps Magazine
● “Gorgeous, easy to use, and creative. Your kitchen should not be without it.” – Melissa & Dallas Hartwig, creators of the Whole30®
● “Visually stunning.” –Gear Diary
Message from Nom Nom Paleo:
Yo, peeps – my updated cookbook app is here!
This “cookbook on steroids” is a uniquely immersive culinary experience. It’s a visual feast packed with brand new recipes, as well as updated versions of classic Nom Nom Paleo dishes – all presented with my own special brand of whimsically snarky commentary. Food lovers and busy home cooks can visually follow each of my recipes from the pantry to the dining room table.
But that’s not all! For those who want to learn more about the “caveman” approach to nutrition and health, I’ve included a “Paleo 101” primer that explains why we eat whole, unprocessed, real foods (like meat, seafood, vegetables, fruits, and nuts) and avoid highly-processed and pro-inflammatory foods. You’ll also find an in-depth shopping guide, a 30-day meal planner, an interactive grocery list you can email, and much, much more.
My hope is that this app will delight, engage, and inspire you to eat well and be well.
● App developed by Y Media Labs ●
What's New in Version 2.2
This update fixes bugs with iOS 8.2. If there are issues with the update, delete the app from the iPad and reinstall. The reinstall will be FREE if you use the same Apple ID that you used to purchase it originally.
Not a bad recipe in the whole app!
I've had this app for about a year now and I still love it and use it about once or twice a week. It is beautifully designed, easy to follow, you get to learn a little about Asian cooking, and overall the experience is fantastic. If you like using your iPad in the kitchen this is the best app I have ever seen or used.
I don't see any of the recipes from the blog get updated to this app, which would be nice if it did, but I still use this app alot. At least once a week.
Great app, wish new recipes would sync
This a a great app, my go to for recipes and all things umami -- my only critique is that the recipes and the new recipes from the blog aren't sync'd better.
The app, blog, podcast and cookbook are stunning and has helped me tremendously transition to a paleo diet/lifestyle. Hello bone broth and my instant pot.
I bought an iPad for this app. Srsly. Keep up the yummy work.
I love this app!!
I love this app especially since taking forever to cook a meal doesn't work with my schedule. My only request would be the ability to create your own 30-day meal plan from the recipes in addition to the suggested one.