Nomorobo Robocall Blocking
By Telephone Science Corporation
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Nomorobo blocks annoying robocalls, telemarketers, spam texts, and phone scammers from calling your phone. Bring peace and quiet back to your life. Try it free for 14 days - only $1.99/month after.
## App store "App of the Day" Oct, 2017
## Featured by Apple as "New Apps We Love"
## Winner of the FTC Robocall Challenge
## PC Magazine Editor's Choice
- Real-time protection from over 590,000 annoying robocallers, telemarketers, and phone scammers
- Over 1,200+ new robocallers identified every day
- Important robocalls, like school closings and weather alerts, are able to get through
- Privacy friendly - Never accesses your call logs
- Identify or block robocalls (your choice)
- New in v2! Protection from text spam and phishing attempts
- New in v2! Listen to thousands of robocall messages in our database
- New in v2! Block "neighbor spoofed" calls. These are numbers that are very similar to yours.
## Over 400 million robocalls stopped since 2013
## Trusted by over 1,000,000 people every day
AS SEEN IN
- The New York Times
- The Wall Street Journal
- CBS News
- NBC Nightly News
- All plans come with a 14 day free trial and cost $1.99/month or $19.99/year after that.
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- You can cancel your subscription here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039
- Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- The account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
- Please don't swipe-up (aka quit) Nomorobo since it prevents us from refreshing in the background.
- If you suddenly can't enable Nomorobo in Settings (it won't stay on), please delete the app, reboot your phone, and reinstall. This clears out an iOS caching issue and will get you back up and running.
- Have other questions? Look here: http://support.nomorobo.com
What's New in Version 2.0
The fight against robocallers continues! Here are the new features:
- Protection from spam text messages and phishing attempts
- Lookup and listen to thousands of robocall messages
- "Neighbor spoofed" calls are now blockable, not just identifiable
Note: If you're updating from an earlier version and get an error in iOS Call Blocking settings, please try deleting and reinstalling the app.
Changed my rating from 1 star
I started using Nomorobo last year and it performed very well, BUT it is nearly impossible for anybody to keep up with the scammers out there because they create (steal is a better word, but actually “spoof” is the correct term) hundreds if not thousands of phone numbers from real people.
Nomorobo blocks about 90% of the scammers, and by cutting off 90%, this puts me way ahead of where I was prior to installing Nomorobo. A few scammers still get through BUT I never answer calls that are not in my personal directory in my iPhone 7. I let it go to voicemail and if they DONT leave a message, I block them and frequently report the number to Nomorobo. If Nomorobo gets a number of users also sending the same number I report, Nomorobo “figures it out quickly” and the scammer is soon identified to all of us who are using this app.
Just not that great
I’d love to be able to say that this app has saved me hundreds of times having to hit the decline button on spam calls, but it really hasn’t. I actually just got a spam call while writing this, and it wasn’t identified by Nomorobo. The blacklist needs updated a bit too much for my liking, and it isn’t just opening the app and closing it. You have to sit there on the homepage of the app for a good 10 seconds or so. I was expecting the app to be more of a background thing that I wouldn’t have to mess with all the time. If it really blocked (or identified) most spam calls, having to refresh the blacklist every couple days would be totally worth it, but, like I said, it doesn’t. I honestly can’t recommend downloading the app as it’s more of an annoyance that anything.
Great app! Set it and forget it!
Love the app. Simple to use and respects privacy by not sending contacts list anywhere or requiring me to forward my calls. But background blacklist refresh is not happening. I shouldn’t need to keep the app “open” for refresh to happen. Plenty of other apps are able to sync in the background without that. The daily notification to refresh the list is getting annoying.
I’m sure this can be fixed, so keep up the good work!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 23, 2017
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 28.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Telephone Science Corporation
- © 2017 Telephone Science Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone.
Top In-App Purchases
- Nomorobo Monthly Subscription$1.99
- Nomorobo Annual Subscription$19.99