Nomorobo Robocall Blocking
By Telephone Science Corporation
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Nomorobo blocks annoying robocalls, telemarketers, spam texts, and phone scammers from calling your phone. Bring peace and quiet back to your life. Try it free for 14 days - only $1.99/month after.
## App store "App of the Day" Oct, 2017
## Featured by Apple as "New Apps We Love"
## Winner of the FTC Robocall Challenge
## PC Magazine Editor's Choice
- Real-time protection from over 590,000 annoying robocallers, telemarketers, and phone scammers
- Over 1,200+ new robocallers identified every day
- Important robocalls, like school closings and weather alerts, are able to get through
- Privacy friendly - Never accesses your call logs
- Identify or block robocalls (your choice)
- New in v2! Protection from text spam and phishing attempts
- New in v2! Listen to thousands of robocall messages in our database
- New in v2! Block "neighbor spoofed" calls. These are numbers that are very similar to yours.
## Over 400 million robocalls stopped since 2013
## Trusted by over 1,000,000 people every day
AS SEEN IN
- The New York Times
- The Wall Street Journal
- CBS News
- NBC Nightly News
- All plans come with a 14 day free trial and cost $1.99/month or $19.99/year after that.
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- You can cancel your subscription here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039
- Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- The account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
- Please don't swipe-up (aka quit) Nomorobo since it prevents us from refreshing in the background.
- If you suddenly can't enable Nomorobo in Settings (it won't stay on), please delete the app, reboot your phone, and reinstall. This clears out an iOS caching issue and will get you back up and running.
- Have other questions? Look here: http://support.nomorobo.com
What's New in Version 2.0
The fight against robocallers continues! Here are the new features:
- Protection from spam text messages and phishing attempts
- Lookup and listen to thousands of robocall messages
- "Neighbor spoofed" calls are now blockable, not just identifiable
Note: If you're updating from an earlier version and get an error in iOS Call Blocking settings, please try deleting and reinstalling the app.
Doesn't catch all the scammers, but at least I feel like I'm doing something
Without doing a thorough review of my call history, I'd say that Nomorobo correctly identifies about half of the presumed robocalls I get. (I don't answer if I don't know the number, so I can only assume the random numbers that don't leave messages are robo calls).
The identified robo calls aren't blocked, but if I'm reading it right, identifying them as robo calls is the best the app can currently do.
The last robo call I got wasn't identified as a robo caller when my phone rang, but when I looked it up in nomorobo, it was marked as a robo caller (and after that the app correctly flagged the number in my phone).
Occasionally I get a legit robo call (like from my trash company) that gets flagged, but they leave messages, so it doesn't matter if I don't answer.
Even though this isn't the most effective app, I still like it and will continue to pay for it because I feel like reporting numbers is the only thing I can do to "get back" at the people setting these scams up. It's cathartic, if not tremendously effective.
I'd love to see a drop-down menu of choices for the "why are you reporting this number" instead of (or in addition to) the free-form text box. I would think that standardized answers would improve whatever analysis is going on behind the scenes, and people would be more likely to report numbers if they could tap once in a pre-filled reason instead of typing one out.
Blocks Less Than 10% Of Spam Calls
After a few months of subscribing I can say that this App really doesn’t work. Looking back at a few months’ worth of call logs, I see Nomorobo only successfully blocked a handful of incoming spam calls, compared to the 50+ I received. Doing the math it looks to be less than 10% effective. I keep the product running in the background as necessary, and I keep it updated, and it simply doesn’t block enough calls to make up for the $3/month subscription. I’ve been diligently reporting the spam calls that “got through”, so maybe I’m helping someone, somewhere, but for me the product isn’t doing squat.
My phone rings with spam calls at least once a day and it’s aggravating to know that a product I’m paying for doesn’t seem to do anything about blocking them. I’m cancelling.
Just not that great
I’d love to be able to say that this app has saved me hundreds of times having to hit the decline button on spam calls, but it really hasn’t. I actually just got a spam call while writing this, and it wasn’t identified by Nomorobo. The blacklist needs updated a bit too much for my liking, and it isn’t just opening the app and closing it. You have to sit there on the homepage of the app for a good 10 seconds or so. I was expecting the app to be more of a background thing that I wouldn’t have to mess with all the time. If it really blocked (or identified) most spam calls, having to refresh the blacklist every couple days would be totally worth it, but, like I said, it doesn’t. I honestly can’t recommend downloading the app as it’s more of an annoyance that anything.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 23, 2017
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 28.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Telephone Science Corporation
- © 2017 Telephone Science Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone.
Top In-App Purchases
- Nomorobo Monthly Subscription$1.99
- Nomorobo Annual Subscription$19.99