Get the FREE NOOK Reading App for your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch to start enjoying Barnes & Noble’s award-winning eBook discovery and digital reading experience. Access our vast online library of over 4 million eBooks, graphic novels, comics, and magazines; plus, enjoy recommendations just for you curated by our expert booksellers. Customize your experience with multiple font and page styles and powerful organization and social sharing tools.
Put down your reading and pick up where you left off—even as you jump from one screen to another.
Barnes & Noble at Your Fingertips
• Browse Bookstore for the latest new releases, bestsellers, and expert recommendations just for you! The more you use NOOK, the better our suggestions.
• Purchases completed on Barnes & Noble’s website will automatically appear on your device.
• Over 1 million FREE titles! Try a new author or start a new series risk-free. Download free eBooks directly from Bookstore.
• Download free book samples and add favorites to your Wishlist.
• Try any newspaper or magazine free for 14 days.*
Rich, Customizable Reading
• Adjustable font styles, line spacing, margins, page animations, and screen brightness for more comfortable reading. Use our Day, Night, and Evening themes or create your own background and text color combinations.
• Add notes, bookmarks and highlights as you read.
• Organize your Library with custom stacks of eBooks, magazines and your own files.
• Search inside the book and look up words with the downloadable in-app dictionary.
• Accessible to blind and low vision users leveraging Apple assistive technology, including screen magnification and VoiceOver.
Create Your Own Quote Cards
• Found an inspiring or beautiful sentence in your book? Highlight and tap on ‘Share’ to launch the quote editor and create a custom Quote Card.
• Choose your favorite background and share with friends on social networks, email, and text message.
Discovery Delivered Daily
• Visit B&N Readouts for daily streams of free book excerpts, magazine articles, and all kinds of bookish news—including reviews from our community. Share on social, email, and other apps.
• Join the thousands of NOOK readers on Serial Reads, Barnes & Noble’s latest free reading program. Enjoy a book every month, delivered FREE in daily chapters directly to your device. Titles are hand-picked by B&N editors across genres.
• Enjoy our Free Fridays eBook selection every week.
* NOOK account and credit card registration required.
We’re thrilled to give you a look at what we’ve been cooking up the past few months. It’s a whole new NOOK informed by feedback from users like you.
Here are just a few of the things you’ll find:
• Easier navigation between the different areas of NOOK
• Quick access to your most recent reads and purchases
• Reading progress and completion date tracking
• More robust Library sorting and filtering tools
• Toggle between “cover view” or “title view”
• Reimagined Author view
• More recommendations and genre-specific browsing in Bookstore
• Fixed unable to return to Library bug (5.0.1)
Download the new NOOK today and give it a whirl. Don’t hesitate to let us know your thoughts – your feedback is so valuable in determining future enhancements to NOOK.
Ratings and Reviews
APP Support needs improvement
I have had few problems with the app and I am relatively sure the they are acting on crashes that generate dump data but when I run into non-crash problems: there have been two recently (1) portion of text after end line hyphenation not displaying for certain font sizes, and (2) app freeze to an unresponsive colored screen that I had to reload the app to clear, the responses I get from support are canned. Yes, for most users it might be what they need to clear the problem but I already said I fixed the problem. I am giving information about the problem, for (1) how the app developers can reproduce it, and for (2) everything I tried and failed to clear the problem and as much information about the circumstances and behavior I can gleam. I have been a software engineer longer than probably any of the app developers have been alive and I know the importance of information rather than a simple it's broke or doesn't work. However, I do not get any feeling that my support e-mails are leading to to any bug investigation or fixes.
HATE the changes.
The layout is overly complicated and annoying. The app deletes books from the device without permission. The “recent reads” are books I read three years ago and I have to dig for the actual book I am reading every time. Detail vs cover view does not toggle for the library list, only for shelves which I consider a waste of time and don’t use. The registered devices no longer show up on my account on the site either. It has become annoying enough that I have been using Kindle more and more, and the only books I have gotten through B&N in ages were from gift certificates people gave me. Also, downloads take forever. Kindle books, even illustrated ones, are ready to go in under a minute, usually in fifteen seconds or less. This thing is taking two to five per book, occasionally longer. Is it because it is updating all those stupid preview samples in the store first? It sounds silly, but when you are in a hurry to leave and the app has taken all the books off yet again, it adds to the frustration considerably to have to stand there and wait for the download to finish. If I could get the books I own from b&n into the kindle app I would pitch the nook app for good.
A small quibble
I’ve owned a Nook Color since they first came out, then continued to read on my iPad when it’s battery stopped taking a charge. I now also own a Nook Paperwhite and the problem I have with the device and the app is font size. On my iPad Pro, I can’t get the font size to increase as much as I need for my poor eyesight and on the Paperwhite, the largest font size is so big it seems only a few words fit on the screen, while the next size down isn’t quite large enough. I didn’t have this problem with my original Nook device and seem to remember being able to increase the font size further on the Nook app before it was last updated.
This is why I read ebooks nowadays—because the print size on everything else, from books to magazines, is too small. It would be wonderful if an intermediate font size could be provided for the Paperwhite and the ability to further increase font size in the Nook app.
- 140.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2010-2018 barnesandnoble.com llc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.