NOOK - Read Books, Magazines, Newspapers & Comics
By Barnes & Noble
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NOOK free book reading app for your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch! This free reader app has a library of over 4 million free best-selling eBooks, magazines, comics, and kids’ books in every genre including fiction, romance, business, sci-fi, mystery, and more - including 1 million FREE titles. . Sample NOOK books FREE and try any newspaper or magazine FREE for 14 days.*
Shop the NOOK Store and find titles tailored to your interests with ultra-personalized recommendations we know you'll love. Then, enjoy an amazing, highly optimized reading experience with your NOOK app™ wherever you go. Start reading on one device and continue on another.
NOOK - the top-rated app for readers
“One of the best reading apps” – Gizmodo
• NEW: B&N Readouts: Daily streams of FREE quick reads—two-minute book excerpts and magazine articles—customizable by interest and designed for iPhone reading. Share on social, email, and other apps.
• Massive selection of over 4 million books, magazines, newspapers, comics, and kids books - most $9.99 or less.
• Adjustable font sizes and styles, line spacing, margins, and screen brightness for more comfortable reading. Select Night Mode for easier bedtime reading.
• Syncs your last page, bookmarks, and notes so you can pick up where you left off.
• Read NOOK Books™ on your NOOK® HD, NOOK® HD+, NOOK Tablet™, NOOK Color™, NOOK Simple Touch™, NOOK Simple Touch™ with GlowLight™, PC, Mac, Android-based devices and Windows 8-based devices.
• Explore the App: Test drive the app even before you sign in, includes three free books and three free magazine issues
• My Shelves: Organize your library as you wish by creating stacks of eBooks, magazines and your own files
• Sample Search: Search our eBook catalog and read free samples.
• Search inside the book and look up words with the downloadable in-app dictionary.
• Add notes, bookmarks and highlights as you read.
• Customize background and text colors. Use themes or create your own.
• Read in portrait or landscape mode.
• Easily transfer EPUB and PDF files.
• Language support for British English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish.
• Accessible to blind and low vision users leveraging Apple assistive technology, including screen magnification and VoiceOver.
• Shop for books, magazines & newspapers and manage your account by visiting the NOOK Store.
BESTSELLING BOOKS INCLUDE:
• Romance: Grey: Fifty Shades of Grey, Earth Bound, The Liar, A New Hope, Ever After
• Fiction: Go Set a Watchman, Truth or Die, The Rumor, In the Unlikely Event, Country, Gone Girl
• Mystery: Nemesis (FBI Series #19), 14th Deadly Sin, Dark Places, Wicked Charms, The Girl on the Train
• Books for Teens: Paper Towns, Divergent, Maze Runner, The Heir, Red Queen, Cinder
• Books for Young Readers: Wimpy Kid, Magnus Chase, Wings of Fire, Charlotte’s Web, Frozen, Magic Tree House
• Science-Fiction & Fantasy: The Martian, Queen of Fire, Armada, A Game of Thrones
BESTSELLING AUTHORS INCLUDE:
• James Patterson
• Gillian Flynn
• Janet Evanovich
• Harper Lee
• Kiera Cass
• Rick Riordan
• Nora Roberts
• Stephen King
BESTSELLING MAGAZINES INCLUDE:
• OK! Magazine, Star
• Us Weekly
• National Geographic
• Food Network Magazine
• Weight Watchers Magazine
BESTSELLING NEWSPAPERS INCLUDE:
• USA Today
• The Washington Post
• The Onion
• New York Daily News
• Los Angeles Times
• 200+ college newspapers
BESTSELLING NOOK COMICS INCLUDE:
• DC: Batman, Superman, Sandman, Watchmen
• Image: The Walking Dead, Chew, Invincible
• Marvel: Invincible Iron Man, World War Hulk, Astonishing X-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man
• Dark Horse Comics: Hellboy, B.P.R.D., Conan, Frank Miller’s Sin City, Star Wars
• Archie Comics: Life With Archie, Betty & Veronica, Kevin Keller
• Dynamite Entertainment: Vampirella, Dean Koontz’s Frankenstein, Green Hornet
Selection shown above for U.S. users only; selection and price of content may vary by country
* NOOK account and credit card registration required.
What's New in Version 4.5.0
• Support for iOS 9, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus
• B&N Readouts: Daily streams of FREE quick reads—two-minute book excerpts and magazine articles—customizable by interest and designed for iPhone reading. Share on social networks, email, messages and other apps. Available from the navigation menu.
• Change multiple text options at the same time
• Tutorial screens highlight new app features
• Change settings for screenshot feedback on the Send Feedback screen in settings
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Alright performance, gets the job done.
I used to have a Nook, but abandoned it after I saw that the App Store's nook app is better than the Nook itself. There's not as much lagging with page turn animations, it's more stable, the different color schemes look better, overall it's just better. Now I've also tried the Kindle app, and what really sells me on the Nook is the book stacking feature. I own Piers Anthony's series "Xanth" which is currently 34 books and running, and it definitely helps to have all those Xanth books in an automatic collapsable folder. Now some book series are filed under slightly different series names so you have a series split into 2 folders, but I see less and less of them with each update. Unless you're designing your own ebook reading app, I believe Nook is the best out there.
Nook Is Fantastic!
I can't tell you how much I enjoy my Nook! Barnes & Noble has a huge variety of books in all price ranges (many are even free) right at my finger tips. There isn't room in my house for one more bookcase and Nook has solved that problem. All of the books I have purchased from B&N are in my Nook library in case I want to re-read some, and I don't even have to dust them! The public library has ebooks for loan....I can download them on my Nook. I have the Nook app on my IPad in case I'm away from my Nook and have time to read. Another thing I love is the fact that if I attempt to purchase a book that I already own, B&N will tell me in order to prevent duplicate orders. Love everything about my Nook!!
Good, but with problems
Great app as I can easily find the books I want to read, highlight and add notes to them and search those books for specific information. However, the books will often remove themselves from my devices which require downloading again, which is extremely frustrating on a tablet with no data plan. Another book I had purchased has completely disappeared and cannot be downloaded again, although B&N states it is still in my account. When I change from landscape to portrait veiw or visa versa, it randomly changes pages every single time.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Oct 13, 2015
- Version: 4.5.0
- Size: 50.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Barnes&Noble
- Copyright © 2010-2015 barnesandnoble.com llc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.