NOOK - Read Books, Magazines & Comics
By Barnes & Noble
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Get the FREE NOOK Reading App for your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch to start enjoying Barnes & Noble’s award-winning eBook discovery and digital reading experience. Access our vast online library of over 4 million eBooks, graphic novels, comics, and magazines; plus, enjoy recommendations just for you curated by our expert booksellers. Customize your experience with multiple font and page styles and powerful organization and social sharing tools.
Put down your reading and pick up where you left off—even as you jump from one screen to another.
Barnes & Noble at Your Fingertips
• Browse Bookstore for the latest new releases, bestsellers, and expert recommendations just for you! The more you use NOOK, the better our suggestions.
• Purchases completed on Barnes & Noble’s website will automatically appear on your device.
• Over 1 million FREE titles! Try a new author or start a new series risk-free. Download free eBooks directly from Bookstore.
• Download free book samples and add favorites to your Wishlist.
• Try any newspaper or magazine free for 14 days.*
Rich, Customizable Reading
• Adjustable font styles, line spacing, margins, page animations, and screen brightness for more comfortable reading. Use our Day, Night, and Evening themes or create your own background and text color combinations.
• Add notes, bookmarks and highlights as you read.
• Organize your Library with custom stacks of eBooks, magazines and your own files.
• Search inside the book and look up words with the downloadable in-app dictionary.
• Accessible to blind and low vision users leveraging Apple assistive technology, including screen magnification and VoiceOver.
Create Your Own Quote Cards
• Found an inspiring or beautiful sentence in your book? Highlight and tap on ‘Share’ to launch the quote editor and create a custom Quote Card.
• Choose your favorite background and share with friends on social networks, email, and text message.
Discovery Delivered Daily
• Visit B&N Readouts for daily streams of free book excerpts, magazine articles, and all kinds of bookish news—including reviews from our community. Share on social, email, and other apps.
• Join the thousands of NOOK readers on Serial Reads, Barnes & Noble’s latest free reading program. Enjoy a book every month, delivered FREE in daily chapters directly to your device. Titles are hand-picked by B&N editors across genres.
• Enjoy our Free Fridays eBook selection every week.
* NOOK account and credit card registration required.
What's New in Version 4.8.0
• Find your next read faster with Quick Search
• You can now rate and review books directly from the Product Details page
• Improved text, brightness and theme controls in Reader
• Improvements to profile functionality
• Shelves have been updated to support 1000 items per shelf
• Tons of under-the-hood performance tweaks and bug fixes
APP Support needs improvement
I have had few problems with the app and I am relatively sure the they are acting on crashes that generate dump data but when I run into non-crash problems: there have been two recently (1) portion of text after end line hyphenation not displaying for certain font sizes, and (2) app freeze to an unresponsive colored screen that I had to reload the app to clear, the responses I get from support are canned. Yes, for most users it might be what they need to clear the problem but I already said I fixed the problem. I am giving information about the problem, for (1) how the app developers can reproduce it, and for (2) everything I tried and failed to clear the problem and as much information about the circumstances and behavior I can gleam. I have been a software engineer longer than probably any of the app developers have been alive and I know the importance of information rather than a simple it's broke or doesn't work. However, I do not get any feeling that my support e-mails are leading to to any bug investigation or fixes.
I have been a nook consumer for a long time and the only change I would suggest is to add a purchase option when reviewing the books in the Bookstore on the mobile app. Buying it directly from the app instead of adding it to the favorites and then going to the actual website to purchase the nook book is just adding extra steps to the purchase process. Obviously I have been completing this extra step for years now it would be nice. I love the theme for the app and how it's easy to use. It's the best thing created for the modern avid readers of the world. Thanks Barnes & Noble :)
Like....do you want to make money ....or...?
I do not understand why you are unable to purchase e-books off of this app. You have to go to the Barnes and nobles store website to buy books for the app... it's extra work and people will abandon this for Kindle which lets you just buy it as you see it. A lot of buying has to do with impulse so you're sort of making people think "ehhh do i really want it" if they have to go the extra mile to go off the app, load up to the normal site and go searching for the book again and logging in there, etc. This is a terrible strategy B&N!!!
The rest of the app is fine, no complaints...but come on. Let me buy books from the app or at least send me to a direct link to the website!!
- Category: Books
- Updated: Aug 07, 2017
- Version: 4.8.0
- Size: 117 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Barnes&Noble
- Copyright © 2010-2017 barnesandnoble.com llc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.