NOOK - Read Books, Magazines, Newspapers & Comics
By Barnes & Noble
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NOOK free book reading app for your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch! This free reader app has a library of over 4 million free best-selling eBooks, magazines, comics, and kids’ books in every genre including fiction, romance, business, sci-fi, mystery, and more - including 1 million FREE titles. . Sample NOOK books FREE and try any newspaper or magazine FREE for 14 days.*
Shop the NOOK Store and find titles tailored to your interests with ultra-personalized recommendations we know you'll love. Then, enjoy an amazing, highly optimized reading experience with your NOOK app™ wherever you go. Start reading on one device and continue on another.
NOOK - the top-rated app for readers
“One of the best reading apps” – Gizmodo
• NEW: B&N Readouts: Daily streams of FREE quick reads—two-minute book excerpts and magazine articles—customizable by interest and designed for iPhone reading. Share on social, email, and other apps.
• Massive selection of over 4 million books, magazines, newspapers, comics, and kids books - most $9.99 or less.
• Adjustable font sizes and styles, line spacing, margins, and screen brightness for more comfortable reading. Select Night Mode for easier bedtime reading.
• Syncs your last page, bookmarks, and notes so you can pick up where you left off.
• Read NOOK Books™ on your NOOK® HD, NOOK® HD+, NOOK Tablet™, NOOK Color™, NOOK Simple Touch™, NOOK Simple Touch™ with GlowLight™, PC, Mac, Android-based devices and Windows 8-based devices.
• Explore the App: Test drive the app even before you sign in, includes three free books and three free magazine issues
• My Shelves: Organize your library as you wish by creating stacks of eBooks, magazines and your own files
• Sample Search: Search our eBook catalog and read free samples.
• Search inside the book and look up words with the downloadable in-app dictionary.
• Add notes, bookmarks and highlights as you read.
• Customize background and text colors. Use themes or create your own.
• Read in portrait or landscape mode.
• Easily transfer EPUB and PDF files.
• Language support for British English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish.
• Accessible to blind and low vision users leveraging Apple assistive technology, including screen magnification and VoiceOver.
• Shop for books, magazines & newspapers and manage your account by visiting the NOOK Store.
BESTSELLING BOOKS INCLUDE:
• Romance: Grey: Fifty Shades of Grey, Earth Bound, The Liar, A New Hope, Ever After
• Fiction: Go Set a Watchman, Truth or Die, The Rumor, In the Unlikely Event, Country, Gone Girl
• Mystery: Nemesis (FBI Series #19), 14th Deadly Sin, Dark Places, Wicked Charms, The Girl on the Train
• Books for Teens: Paper Towns, Divergent, Maze Runner, The Heir, Red Queen, Cinder
• Books for Young Readers: Wimpy Kid, Magnus Chase, Wings of Fire, Charlotte’s Web, Frozen, Magic Tree House
• Science-Fiction & Fantasy: The Martian, Queen of Fire, Armada, A Game of Thrones
BESTSELLING AUTHORS INCLUDE:
• James Patterson
• Gillian Flynn
• Janet Evanovich
• Harper Lee
• Kiera Cass
• Rick Riordan
• Nora Roberts
• Stephen King
BESTSELLING MAGAZINES INCLUDE:
• OK! Magazine, Star
• Us Weekly
• National Geographic
• Food Network Magazine
• Weight Watchers Magazine
BESTSELLING NEWSPAPERS INCLUDE:
• USA Today
• The Washington Post
• The Onion
• New York Daily News
• Los Angeles Times
• 200+ college newspapers
BESTSELLING NOOK COMICS INCLUDE:
• DC: Batman, Superman, Sandman, Watchmen
• Image: The Walking Dead, Chew, Invincible
• Marvel: Invincible Iron Man, World War Hulk, Astonishing X-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man
• Dark Horse Comics: Hellboy, B.P.R.D., Conan, Frank Miller’s Sin City, Star Wars
• Archie Comics: Life With Archie, Betty & Veronica, Kevin Keller
• Dynamite Entertainment: Vampirella, Dean Koontz’s Frankenstein, Green Hornet
Selection shown above for U.S. users only; selection and price of content may vary by country
* NOOK account and credit card registration required.
What's New in Version 4.6.0
• Now supporting the Enhanced NOOK Book format (embedded video and audio clips)
• Search and download FREE books (including Free Friday books)
• Search for your books using iOS Spotlight search (iOS9 only)
• Find even more related books in product details page
• Serial Reads: Font Size Control
• New Evening Theme (easier on the eyes at night)
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Not Customer Friendly, Even Though I Want to Support B&N
I liked this app so much in 2010 when I started using it that I bought a physical nook b&w ereader, and have been upgrading both app and ereader ever since. One very nice feature of the B&N bookstore is that it sells for free the internet archive and google books - millions of free pre-1923 books. With this version, B&N has hobbled the app so those free books can no longer be read on the ipad. I have hundreds of those free books, as well as hundreds for paid books, and I should be able to read both on the ipad, as I had just before this update.
I would like to support B&N so it stays in business, but forcing customers to choose paid versions of ebooks over the free versions B&N by newly artificially hobbling prior functionaility is a very poor way to treat customers.
Inconvenient for shopping for books
I love to read therefore I have 2 nook tablets and I use them all the time. I have one on my nightstand and one I bring around with me. The app is nice to have in case u don't have the nook, but I wish there was a way to shop for books on it. It's really annoying to have to come out of the app and open safari to buy a book. Also, when you get a sample, it is vertically impossible to buy the book, there is no link to get the book you once again have to do it in safari. That one feature would make such an improvement.
What Did You Do?
This used to be an amazing app, good competition for Kindle. Now it's a hot mess. I find it impossible to purchase a new book on the mobile app. All it wants to do is download the sample without giving me an option to purchase. Then, as I'm trying to navigate the app it'll start downloading samples of other books because your finger accidentally almost touched them. Every time I hit the option for details I got random reviews, not actual details of a book. And beware of their "samples". It's 10 pages of opening credits with barely 5 pages of content. That is not a sample.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jun 29, 2016
- Version: 4.6.0
- Size: 51.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Barnes&Noble
- Copyright © 2010-2016 barnesandnoble.com llc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.