Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Village guides are a unique new series of guides designed for the iPhone and iPads. They allow both the casual visitor and the long-time resident to have a fascinating insight into the past by telling the story of villages through text, audio and superb archive photographs.
Set in the north-east of England, they bring the region’s particular mix of industrial and medieval past to light in a way that traditional guide books cannot match. They also have very useful information for the visitor such as listing where to park or finding out where the nearest cash-point is. Plus you can also find out somewhere great to eat.
This village guide covers North Seaton describing thirteen fascinating buildings or sites to go and look at. It has over sixty photographs and illustrations, many of which are archive photos that are seldom seen and the story behind each site is available in thirteen unique recordings to listen to and enjoy as you walk around and explore
• Uncover the lost village of North Seaton Colliery destroyed in the 1960’s.
• See photos of North Seaton’s own stately home that burned down in the 1950’s.
• Discover what used to stand down by the riverside.
• Learn about “The Black Bridge”.
• Read about what the “Pit Raa’s” used to be really like.
• Find out about the “Chain Ferry”.
• Seek out churches and chapels from 100 years ago.
• Delve into the story of North Seaton Pit.
I hope that you enjoy it and that it encourages you to try out other village guides in the series, such as Cambois or Newbiggin-by-the Sea.
What's New in Version 1.1
Minor bug fixes
- Category: Books
- Updated: Aug 12, 2013
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 16.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Richard Pyle
- © 2013 Village Guide
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.