Northmark: Hour of the Wolf
By Rake in Grass
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Northmark: Hour of the Wolf is a card-based RPG. Choose to become a mighty warrior, a cunning mage or a powerful druid as you fight for glory and survival in arena style combat. Explore the corners of the kingdom from fiery deserts to deep forests, cold mountain peaks, and take part in the journey to the kingdoms of the Elves and Dwarves.
Northmark bears some similarities to other games of the "battle-card" genre, yet it successfully manages to differentiate itself by being a full-scale RPG with a focus on a strong story. Its unique battle-card system further emphasizes the original grand vision of a thriving Northmark region. As a player, you shall adventure across the fantasy lands of Northmark with its varied locations - Vibrant cities, Deep dark woods, Deserted lost ruins and the Ancient mystic sites sacred to the Druids and Elves.
But beware! Danger waits at every turn as you investigate the chilling mystery that threatens your homeland. Can you defeat assassins, thieves and hideous monsters? And who is the enigmatic stranger known only as The Wolf? Find out in Northmark!
- Adventure across the lands of Northmark.
- Enjoy an original battle system featuring over 180 beautiful cards.
- Fight for honour, glory... and gold.
- Save your homeland from the plot that threatens to overwhelm it.
- Battle in the arena, or fight for your life against powerful assassins, hideous monsters and mighty warriors.
- Journey from the cold mountain peaks to the desert wastes and deep forests.
- Explore great cities, lost ruins and the ancient mystic sites sacred to the druids and elves.
- Grow more powerful as you find the best battle tactics.
- Become the greatest hero Northmark has ever known - you know it's your destiny!
What's New in Version 1.1
Fixed black screen on some computers.
Fixed in-app purchases not showing in fullscreen mode on some computers.
Some OpenGL compatibility improvements.
too short story for 14 $
After 4 to 5 hour of game playing, it is finished. With that amount of money, the story should be a lot longer and extra features should be added as Ps3 and X-box games are a lot better. There is no in game money source to collect all the cards. More story shuold be added without charging anymore money.
i played less than an hour (first few quests)
the map only allows walking to open destinations (once a quest opens it to you), it’s graphics are fine
the battle system is just tarrot cards, you don’t see any action, confusing to use but learned in some turns: but is really missing any pizaz
the character art (2d only mind you) is ok but not top grade by any means
the story is ok, but the humor so poor your unsure if it’s humor - missing pizaz again. story is the strong point and has a few surprises pop up - but soon you see it’s the same surprise each time? (didn’t play enough to say for sure)
this would not be a top notch free game even in the late 80’s. you’d be better off paying $5, $20 and spending time with something you like
it’s just not matured enough for me to say it’s worth a serious review
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 28, 2012
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 49.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Pavel Tovarys
- © 2012 Rake in Grass
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later
Top In-App Purchases
- Northmark: Hour of the Wolf Full Game Unlock$9.99