The Norton Family app¹, from the makers of Norton Security, helps teach your kids safe habits for Web exploration and helps you stay in the know about where your kids are.
“Norton Family Premier offers an impressive range of parental control and monitoring features for parents of today’s hyper-connected kids.”
~ Neil J. Rubenking, Reprinted from www.pcmag.com with permission. © 2016 Ziff Davis, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE APP IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FOR USE ON CHILD DEVICES ONLY. Please use the Norton Family portal for configuration and monitoring. Stay tuned for updates on the availability of our app for parents’ use.
Download the Norton Family app to your kids’ iOS devices, which will install the Norton browser for enhanced protection.
- Web Supervision: Configure rules in the Norton Family portal to control your child’s access to websites. When your child accesses any of the blocked websites in the Norton browser, you will be notified in the portal.
- Location Tracking²: Turn on Location Supervision³ on your child’s device to track their current location, and view the Location history in the Norton Family portal.
- Search Supervision: Track your child’s search activities through the Norton browser in the Norton Family Portal
- Video Supervision²: View the Youtube videos your child watched in the Norton browser in the Norton Family portal.
- Instant Lock: Grant or block access to all apps, browsers, games and more from the Norton Family portal when you need to enforce a break. Parents and kids can still connect to each other when the kid's device is in Lock mode.
- Use the different forms of activity-tracking reports in the Norton Family portal mentioned above (30-day history) to gain insights into how and where your kids spend their time online, so you can see what their interests are and help keep them safe.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please disable Safari or any other browser and the YouTube app so that your children’s activity can be monitored.
¹ Norton Family account required to use the Norton Family app
² Premium feature, which will be available until the 30-day trial is over
³ Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
INTERNET SAFETY FOR KIDS AND TEENS
Online safety is a growing concern for children and parents. Common threats regarding Internet family safety include: cyber bullying, obscene or offensive content, pornography, hateful messages, and sexual predators. Children are naturally curious and may not always know when an online situation is unsafe. Fortunately, Norton Family can help monitor your child’s online activity.
NOTE TO PARENTS: If you face any issues with the app on your child's device, send us an email NortonFamily_Support@Symantec.com.
- Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Would be great if it didn’t easily uninstall.
This app installs a vpn profile and Norton’s own browser on my iPhone 6. It allowed for blacklist and whitelist of websites. That is the best part. The browser was working great on WiFi and cellular LTE. Then I tested the vpn. I easily uninstalled the vpn with my phone password and safari was back with regular norton filtering of safe search and its websites but my blacklist of websites were not filtered! This renders the app useless. Please fix this app ASAP. Please require the user to sign into the Norton account to get a password to uninstall the vpn. This would give it the right protection it needs. This app could be great. We need more apps like this that works. I believe this app would be great if the vpn was not easily uninstalled. Please fix it so I can change the rating to five stars.
Should be called Norton Family Web Browser
That’s all this is. It only disables access to Safari it doesn’t delete it. If you are downloading this app then that is exactly what you want to do. Apple does not allow monitoring of safari so to get monitoring and blocking you have to use this app. This app is just a web browser BUT it tracks history and blocks sites. It’s for protecting your children from content you do not want them exposed to. It works. You view the logs on the Norton Family site NOT within this app.
Crashes on iPad
I am disappointed with this app for the iPad. Twice already I had to delete and reinstall the Profile management because it blocked not 1 but 7 properties that I have not chosen. The crash was so bad that I could not even access the Norton to get online Also, I could not access some apps that I was able to use just a few hours earlier. Please fix the issue. The reason I gave one star review is because, as long as it is working, the Norton Family app for iPad is good for keeping kids safe online.
It looks like you might have enabled time supervision enabled for the apps. Please sign in to your Norton Family portal (family.norton.com) and disable/adjust time supervision to access the apps. We'd like to collect more details with regard to the other issues you mentioned. Could you please write to us at email@example.com to collect few details on this? We can work together and fix this.
- 21.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016 Symantec Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.