Nota for iPad
By All Forces
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
As seen on Apple's iPad TV commercial, Gizmodo, CNet, TUAW and Smoking Apples! Nota is a set of indispensable tools for musicians at any level. It has a piano chord and scale browser, a piano and staff note locator, a note quiz and a reference library with over 100 symbols. Make sure you also check out Nota for the iPhone to take all of these tool in your iPhone or iPod Touch.
For beginners, Nota's tools covers the basics of music notation with a 4 octave piano that displays the notes on a staff, a full screen landscape mode piano for practicing and an interactive notes quiz to test your knowledge of notes.
For advanced users, the scales browser has a comprehensive list of common and exotic scales. Nota will show the scale, play it and display the notes, intervals and half-steps. The chords browser makes it easy to find a chord and play it on any key or invert it. You can now set the notation to strict or simplified and also set the root to sharp or flat. You can also consult the Circle of Fifths in the Reference section which has the most comprehensive reference of music notation on the iPad.
* Fantastic sound.
• Dynamic Notes. A 4 Octave Piano that displays the notes on a staff.
• Grand Piano. A full screen piano with bigger keys is available when the iPad is rotated to landscape mode.
• Chords Galore. Need to look up the Dominant 7th chord on the key of C? With the chords browser, you can look up almost any chord type, play them in any key and even invert them.
• Scales Browser. From Major to Minor to Myxolidian. The scales browser allows you to look up almost any scale and play it in any key and play it, and view it's notes, intervals and half-steps.
• Quiz Basics. Better than flash cards, the note quiz tests your knowledge of notes in the staff. Difficulty level can be set to Easy with 34 notes or Advanced with 82 notes that includes Sharp and Flats.
• Music Brainiac. An extensive Reference Library with over 100 items that includes:
• Accents & Accidentals
• Lines, Breaks & Clefs
• Key Signatures
• Circle of Fifths
• Note Relationships
• Notes & Duration
• Repetition & Codas
• Rest & Durations
• Time Signatures
• Browse With A Flick. Now you can browse the reference library visually in coverflow mode when you click on the library bookshelf.
• Parlez Vous Solfège. In fixed Do Solfège mode, notes are shown in their solfège syllables Do, Re, Mi, Fa, Sol, La, Si Do.
Nota is not a music tutor nor it should replace an actual teacher. It is a fantastic tool for anyone doing music, beginner or experienced.
What's New in Version 1.18
Fixed an issue with audio when the mute button is locked.
Added sharing to Facebook and Twitter.
This is great for me, as I'm trying to learn piano. The quiz feature works great, but I wish there was a way to change the timer time, or a way to turn it off completely, as I'd like to use the app to help my son learn his notes, and 4 seconds is too short a time for him. Looks good, very stylish, the way an app should be. Highly recommended.
Not sure what's wrong with the others here but mine runs 100% with sound and all.
Would love some more stuff added to this app. Will update review soon with ideas.
Wish it came with other instruments too
Great app, but I play cello. I cannot find one that shows instrument and notes on staff at the same time. Any plans for the future?
- Category: Music
- Updated: Aug 23, 2012
- Version: 1.18
- Size: 25.5 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Melvin Rivera
- © 2010 Melvin Rivera
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4 or later. Compatible with iPad.