By Ginger Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Apple's Mac App of The Year! Recognized by Apple as the Best Selling Paid Productivity app in 2016, 2015, 2014, and 2013!
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to take notes, sketch ideas, annotate PDFs, mark-up photos, record lectures, provide audio feedback and more. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note taking experience at school, at home, and at work. And with iCloud, your notes are always up to date.
- Multitasking with Notability enables you to take notes while you research, read a text book, or watch a lecture, on select iPads.
- 3D Touch on iPhone 6s makes it faster than ever to create, preview, and open notes.
- Spotlight Search helps you find and open recent notes.
- Handwrite and sketch with beautiful ink.
- Write smoothly and quickly with zoom-writing.
- Draw perfectly straight lines for graphs, designs, and shapes.
- Automatic Palm Detection on iPad allows you to write naturally with your hand on the screen.
- Notability has been fine-tuned for Apple Pencil and iPad Pro giving you the most responsive, precise writing experience yet.
- Notability includes full-featured typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
- Outlines and text boxes help you quickly capture and organize ideas.
- Highlight typed text.
- The typing UI is uniquely designed on iPhone, iPad, and Mac for the best typing experience possible.
IMPORT AND ANNOTATE PDFs
- Highlight, Copy & Paste, Speak, Define and Search PDF text.
- Mark up lecture slides and meeting agendas or complete class assignments.
- Fill-out, sign, and send PDF forms.
- Import doc and ppt files with the help of Google Drive.
- Import Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides as PDFs.
- Import webpages from the browser with the Share Extension.
AUDIO RECORDINGS: REVIEW AND GIVE FEEDBACK
- Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
- Notes automatically link to recordings, so during playback, you can watch your notes animate along with the recording, or tap them to get to the spot that needs clarifying.
- Teachers can also use these features to provide audio and handwritten feedback to students.
ALL ELECTRONIC WORKFLOW
- Create a paperless classroom -- handout and collect assignments via the cloud.
- Speed-up feedback to students and colleagues using Notability.
- Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
ORGANIZE AND SHARE NOTES
- Create subjects and simply drag notes into them.
- Share your notes via email, AirDrop, printer, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box and more.
- Retrieve recently deleted notes from the trash.
- iCloud automatically syncs all of your notes to iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
- Dropbox, Google Drive, or Box, can be used to backup your notes in PDF format and are great for archiving or recovery.
We hope you enjoy using Notability, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
What's New in Version 6.5.2
*** What's New in 6.5.2 ***
* Notes can now be shared via Messages
* Bug fix: Fixed a crash when opening specific notes
* Bug fix: Made it as easy to rotate/scale handwriting as it was in previous versions
* Bug fix: When searching for notes, Notability now properly highlights the search term
* Bug fix: When importing documents from other apps, Notability now properly displays import status and lets users pick which subject the document should be placed in
* Bug fix: Notability could add vertical lines of handwriting to notes unexpectedly
If you're enjoying Notability, we'd appreciate it if you took the time to leave us a review, thanks!
So many improvements to be made UPDATE: THANKYOU
THANK YOU NOTABILITY FOR LISTENING!!!
Definitely a 5 star app now. There is still work to be do but the fact that you are listening to us means a lot. Thank you first need foremost for adding apple pencil support and the one finger scrolling!! Hopefully you can keep implementing the other desired features, some of which are listed below.
1. Add native apple pencil support
2. Let users create nested folders. Or make the subjects a folder that contains all the stuff within the subjects another folder inside the subject folder
3. When you are on any given writing tool, show the top three, or default, colors/options, on the top bar. (just like one note). Please add this. Changing color now takes three clicks. With this, you would need 1 click.
4. Add the option to erase whatever you touch, not the entire stroke.
5. Add an option on the eraser that once you let go from erasing, it automatically switches back to the previous tool. Lots of times I need to make a quick erase, and takes reaching up twice to switch twice. Most of the time I. Only need one stroke from the eraser.
6. Add split screen for ios9
7. Again..... This is a note taking app.... Add support for the apple pencil.....it was literally made for this.
Good notes and other competitors are updating their app constantly with all new iOS features. Please keep up or like my others, I will be forced to switch.
Now I'm Paperless
Notability provides a great way for me to take notes and record ideas quickly, and organize these documents efficiently. I attend college at an institution known for its academic rigor, and having the notability app has allowed me to dispense with binders and loose leaf paper in favor of the more manageable, harder-to-lose screen of my iPad. I use a stylus along with the app, so I can't speak to the keyboard option, but I can recommend the apps compatibility with a stylus. I especially like it for working out math equations.
The app isn't perfect however. When I create a note file in the wrong section by accident, I can't move that note file to the correct section, or at least I haven't figured out how to yet. Additionally, I've seen some of my friends using apps that cost half as much but have what seem to be the same features.
In summary: well put together app with minuscule apps. Great for a student who needs to take and organize a lot of notes. Perhaps a bit overpriced.
Great - Senior Mechnical Engineering Student
I absolutely love this app, best one of several I have used, I use this for everything!! I love the paper options, I keep mine on grid like for engineering homework. I love how it used the cloud, once I am done with a homework, I then go to my Mac app and print it, super easy to use...
Thoughts about updates?
I think it would be pretty cool if there was a "library" or "clipboard" that you can save some stuff to. What I mean by this, is a select folder, maybe an icon on the screen where you can see and use saved Noteability items. For example, I create lots of graphs, and it would be very beneficial if I had my custom "library" of inserted shapes, so that way I can copy a Templete of a graph that I have made, and can just insert it whenever I need a graph, which is a lot.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 24, 2017
- Version: 6.5.2
- Size: 122 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bubblegum Pack$3.99