By Ginger Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Apple's Mac App of The Year! Recognized by Apple as the Best Selling Paid Productivity app in 2016, 2015, 2014, and 2013!
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to take notes, sketch ideas, annotate PDFs, mark-up photos, record lectures, provide audio feedback and more. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note taking experience at school, at home, and at work. And with iCloud, your notes are always up to date.
- Multitasking with Notability enables you to take notes while you research, read a text book, or watch a lecture, on select iPads.
- 3D Touch on iPhone 6s makes it faster than ever to create, preview, and open notes.
- Spotlight Search helps you find and open recent notes.
- Handwrite and sketch with beautiful ink.
- Write smoothly and quickly with zoom-writing.
- Draw perfectly straight lines for graphs, designs, and shapes.
- Automatic Palm Detection on iPad allows you to write naturally with your hand on the screen.
- Notability has been fine-tuned for Apple Pencil and iPad Pro giving you the most responsive, precise writing experience yet.
- Notability includes full-featured typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
- Outlines and text boxes help you quickly capture and organize ideas.
- Highlight typed text.
- The typing UI is uniquely designed on iPhone, iPad, and Mac for the best typing experience possible.
IMPORT AND ANNOTATE PDFs
- Highlight, Copy & Paste, Speak, Define and Search PDF text.
- Mark up lecture slides and meeting agendas or complete class assignments.
- Fill-out, sign, and send PDF forms.
- Import doc and ppt files with the help of Google Drive.
- Import webpages from the browser with the Share Extension.
AUDIO RECORDINGS: REVIEW AND GIVE FEEDBACK
- Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
- Notes automatically link to recordings, so during playback, you can watch your notes animate along with the recording, or tap them to get to the spot that needs clarifying.
- Teachers can also use these features to provide audio and handwritten feedback to students.
ALL ELECTRONIC WORKFLOW
- Create a paperless classroom -- handout and collect assignments via the cloud.
- Speed-up feedback to students and colleagues using Notability.
- Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
ORGANIZE AND SHARE NOTES
- Create subjects and simply drag notes into them.
- Share your notes via email, AirDrop, printer, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box and more.
- Retrieve recently deleted notes from the trash.
- iCloud automatically syncs all of your notes to iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
- Dropbox, Google Drive, or Box, can be used to backup your notes in PDF format and are great for archiving or recovery.
We hope you enjoy using Notability, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
What's New in Version 6.4.2
- Improved Apple Pencil integration for a better writing experience.
- Fixed an issue with PDFs that caused Notability to crash.
- Bug fixes.
If you're enjoying Notability, we'd appreciate it if you took the time to leave us a review, thanks!
Must have for students!
Update: dropped a star until notability can fix the crashing issue. This hasn't affected me during class yet, but it is very frustrating to lose a lot of work while making study guides when the app crashes. Overall, still very useful, but I won't be able to continue to use and recommend the app if the crash problem isn't remedied soon.
*Chromecast ability would also be a very useful feature!
This app is a game changer for taking notes in class! I have terrible handwriting, so I don't like to physically write ALL of my notes, ya know, because I'd like to be able to use them for studying. I love that I can type, record, AND write in notes completely seamlessly with notability. It is also incredibly easy to insert photos. I keep my iPhone handy in class to take pictures of the board when the professor is drawing something complex (b/c it's awkward to lift a whole iPad Pro in the middle of class😂), and I can just pop it right in my notes and crop what I need! The only thing I would add is an option for special characters (i.e. Math symbols, superscript, subscript) when typing. I get by with writing them in, but it would be nice to be able to type it all when I want to.
works with ios devices (iphone and ipad) the best, US co.
After trying several note app this is really is the best note app for very major reason. I had to give up evernote $70 price tag for the features needed was too steep. I do not mind paying for a software and yearly up keep but not that much. Also this app keeps notes secure, works with ipad and iphone flawlessly, the best part is and uses icloud as a storage and sync which I already pay. Being able to record and take notes at the same time is very valuable (other apps only one at a time). Also incorporating photo into your notes, in such easy way, unparalleled. One last thing it is located in California, and you can find info about the founders, employees, financials. Some other company with huge numbers of reviews, had to dig hard to find out located in China without any info about the company and financials, not a good sign. I think notability got the apple editors pick for years after years for solid reason. Definitely five stars.
Solid app for going paperless at school
I am a student and this my primary app for note taking during lectures as well as completing any hand written assignments. This app is primarily a pencil app with the ability to type if you want to. The other office apps are still designed around the keyboard with a few pencil features added in. The only feature this app is missing (hence the four stars), is the ability to make your hand writing searchable. OneNote does this, but I vastly prefer the user interface of Noteable. If you are looking to go paperless at school, this is a solid go to app.
- update: After using for a all of my class work for a quarter, there is one annoying issue. Each note has to have a name that is unique across all of the subjects and dividers. For example if you file your notes by class, you can't have a note for "Chapter 4 Notes" in two different classes. You have to preface the name in some way to make it unique.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 10, 2016
- Version: 6.4.2
- Size: 94.1 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bubblegum Pack$3.99