By Ginger Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Apple's Mac App of The Year!
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and annotation.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to take notes, sketch ideas, annotate PDFs, mark-up photos, record lectures, provide audio feedback and more. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note taking experience at school, at home, and at work. And with iCloud, your notes are always up to date.
- Handwrite and sketch with beautiful ink.
- Write smoothly and quickly with zoom-writing.
- Automatic Palm Detection on iPad allows you to write naturally with your hand on the screen, just like pen on paper (Requires iOS 8 or later).
- Notability includes full-featured typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
- Outlines and text boxes help you quickly capture and organize ideas.
- The typing UI is uniquely designed on iPhone, iPad, and Mac for the best typing experience possible.
**Import and Annotate PDFs**
- Mark up lecture slides and meeting agendas or complete class assignments.
- Fill-out, sign, and send forms.
- Import doc and ppt files with the help of Google Drive.
**Audio Recordings: Review and Give Feedback**
- Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
- Notes automatically link to recordings, so during playback, you can watch your notes animate along with the recording, or tap them to get to the spot that needs clarifying.
- Teachers can also use these features to provide audio and handwritten feedback to students.
**All Electronic Workflow**
- Create a paperless classroom -- handout and collect assignments via the cloud.
- Speed-up feedback to students and colleagues using Notability.
- Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
**Organize and Share Notes**
- Create subjects and simply drag notes into them.
- Share your notes via email, AirDrop, printer, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box and more.
- iCloud automatically syncs all of your notes to iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
- Dropbox, Google Drive, or Box, can be used to backup your notes and are great for archiving or recovery.
We hope you enjoy using Notability, and we look forward to hearing from you.
What's New in Version 5.6.3
Fixed an issue when importing a file and adding it to an existing note.
Additional bug fixes.
Automatic Palm Detection on iPad allows you to write naturally with your hand on the screen, just like pen on paper (Requires iOS 8 or later). This feature is on by default and can be found in Settings.
New typing toolbar on iPhone.
I was prompted to write this review after a pleasant surprise from notability's UI. I was writing in a column on screen using the clever zoom tool, and I didn't want it to automatically go to the next line. So I held down the zoom box, and it stayed. Simple, no glitchyness, something that no one would have thought about until they needed it.
App developers can often be on a quest to put out next cool-looking thing, with little regard to usability or testing. The team at Notability have clearly thought through how this app should work, and it shows.
Perfect for school
I started using this in med school, and have been impressed with the app, and with the continual updates.
The syncing between my iPhone, iPad and MacBook is excellent. I always have my notes with me, without having to worry about transferring anything. Great software.
Would be nice to see a flash card option, where certain text can be blocked out, and you can quiz yourself. Overall, 5/5
Handwriting, typing, audio, PDF, image import... It does it all. I love the ability to play back audio in the time-range a note portion was typed or written/drawn!!
And Universal with iCloud support?!?! Yes please! My absolute go-to note-taking app. Plus I just happened across the integration where you can have Google Docs convert office files to import as PDF images!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 29, 2015
- Version: 5.6.3
- Size: 49.4 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.