By Ginger Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Apple's Mac App of The Year! Recognized by Apple as the Best Selling Paid Productivity app in 2015, 2014, and 2013!
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to take notes, sketch ideas, annotate PDFs, mark-up photos, record lectures, provide audio feedback and more. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note taking experience at school, at home, and at work. And with iCloud, your notes are always up to date.
SAVE TIME WITH iOS 9 FEATURES
- Multitasking with Notability enables you to take notes while you research, read a text book, or watch a lecture, on select iPads.
- 3D Touch on iPhone 6s makes it faster than ever to create, preview, and open notes.
- Spotlight Search helps you find and open recent notes.
- Handwrite and sketch with beautiful ink.
- Write smoothly and quickly with zoom-writing.
- Automatic Palm Detection on iPad allows you to write naturally with your hand on the screen.
- Notability has been fine-tuned for Apple Pencil and iPad Pro giving you the most responsive, precise writing experience yet.
- Notability includes full-featured typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
- Outlines and text boxes help you quickly capture and organize ideas.
- Highlight typed text.
- The typing UI is uniquely designed on iPhone, iPad, and Mac for the best typing experience possible.
IMPORT AND ANNOTATE PDFs
- Highlight, Copy & Paste, Speak, Define and Search PDF text.
- Mark up lecture slides and meeting agendas or complete class assignments.
- Fill-out, sign, and send PDF forms.
- Import doc and ppt files with the help of Google Drive.
- Import webpages from the browser with the Share Extension.
AUDIO RECORDINGS: REVIEW AND GIVE FEEDBACK
- Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
- Notes automatically link to recordings, so during playback, you can watch your notes animate along with the recording, or tap them to get to the spot that needs clarifying.
- Teachers can also use these features to provide audio and handwritten feedback to students.
ALL ELECTRONIC WORKFLOW
- Create a paperless classroom -- handout and collect assignments via the cloud.
- Speed-up feedback to students and colleagues using Notability.
- Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
ORGANIZE AND SHARE NOTES
- Create subjects and simply drag notes into them.
- Share your notes via email, AirDrop, printer, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box and more.
- Retrieve recently deleted notes from the trash.
- iCloud automatically syncs all of your notes to iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
- Dropbox, Google Drive, or Box, can be used to backup your notes in PDF format and are great for archiving or recovery.
We hope you enjoy using Notability, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
What's New in Version 6.2.1
- Improved compatibility with Apple Pencil.
If you're enjoying Notability, we'd appreciate it if you took the time to leave us a review, thanks!
Fantastic app, extremely good customer service
I'm not the type of guy to give reviews to apps at all, no matter how often I use them. However, as a student who spent a good amount on apps competing with Notability to maximize the usage of my iPad Pro (with Apple Pencil), I can easily say this is the best by far. I've been using Notability for the past month religiously for studying, working on assignments, recording lectures, annotating photographs from class, and more. Although it may sound basic for me to say how much this actually improved my performance in class (I'm a computer science / math major), I can't help but mention how much this really DOES help me in class. It has everything you need and more, and this statement is coming from a guy who demands a lot from any paid app.
I'm pleased to say the customer service is just as high quality as the app itself. I was having an issue with the app and wanted to suggest something to the developers, and they replied immediately with extremely positive and kind assistance. In fact one of the main reasons I'm writing this review is because the quality of their customer service is proof of how much effort they put into satisfying their users.
Best note taking app in the App Store
I have tried so many note taking apps since I bought my original iPad that I have lost count. I have tried them with and without a stylus. Each had their merits but all left me feeling as if they were lacking in one area or another whether they were paid or free. When I purchased an iPad Pro 9.7 with an Apple Pencil I looked for a note taking app again. I was hesitant to buy yet another paid app figuring I would be disappointed. The reviews, especially those that mentioned the Apple Pencil, convinced me to give me to give this one a try. One try and I was immediately a fan. This app makes all of the others I tried feel dated by comparison. Definitely the definitive note taking app, especially for the iPad Pro and the Apple Pencil. I really like the fact that you can put notes in sections and password protect the individual sections. My only real complaint is after paying $5.99 they want another $1.99 per theme pack. Seems a bit greedy but the other features still make it a 5-star app. Besides, themes are cute but don't really add anything to the app.
Great for meetings!
As a teacher and department head, I have a lot of meetings. I love the ability to put my various meetings in folders. I would like to see added the ability to search handwritten text and a handwritten to typed conversion function added at some point. Still, the ability to record and write then later tap on your note and have the recording go to that spot is brilliant. I also like to skip a line so I can later fill in things I missed. It would be nice to have an auto double space option in focus writing so I don't have to tap the return at the start of a new line. I know some of these suggestions may come out in later updates, but Notability is the best I have used and I have tried all of the highest rated Apple Pencil compatible apps. This is the one to get.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 11, 2016
- Version: 6.2.1
- Size: 64.4 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bubblegum Pack$3.99