By Ginger Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Apple's Mac App of The Year! Recognized by Apple as the Best Selling Paid Productivity app in 2016, 2015, 2014, and 2013!
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to take notes, sketch ideas, annotate PDFs, mark-up photos, record lectures, provide audio feedback and more. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note taking experience at school, at home, and at work. And with iCloud, your notes are always up to date.
- Multitasking with Notability enables you to take notes while you research, read a text book, or watch a lecture, on select iPads.
- 3D Touch on iPhone 6s makes it faster than ever to create, preview, and open notes.
- Spotlight Search helps you find and open recent notes.
- Handwrite and sketch with beautiful ink.
- Write smoothly and quickly with zoom-writing.
- Draw perfectly straight lines for graphs, designs, and shapes.
- Automatic Palm Detection on iPad allows you to write naturally with your hand on the screen.
- Notability has been fine-tuned for Apple Pencil and iPad Pro giving you the most responsive, precise writing experience yet.
- Notability includes full-featured typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
- Outlines and text boxes help you quickly capture and organize ideas.
- Highlight typed text.
- The typing UI is uniquely designed on iPhone, iPad, and Mac for the best typing experience possible.
IMPORT AND ANNOTATE PDFs
- Highlight, Copy & Paste, Speak, Define and Search PDF text.
- Mark up lecture slides and meeting agendas or complete class assignments.
- Fill-out, sign, and send PDF forms.
- Import doc and ppt files with the help of Google Drive.
- Import webpages from the browser with the Share Extension.
AUDIO RECORDINGS: REVIEW AND GIVE FEEDBACK
- Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
- Notes automatically link to recordings, so during playback, you can watch your notes animate along with the recording, or tap them to get to the spot that needs clarifying.
- Teachers can also use these features to provide audio and handwritten feedback to students.
ALL ELECTRONIC WORKFLOW
- Create a paperless classroom -- handout and collect assignments via the cloud.
- Speed-up feedback to students and colleagues using Notability.
- Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
ORGANIZE AND SHARE NOTES
- Create subjects and simply drag notes into them.
- Share your notes via email, AirDrop, printer, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box and more.
- Retrieve recently deleted notes from the trash.
- iCloud automatically syncs all of your notes to iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
- Dropbox, Google Drive, or Box, can be used to backup your notes in PDF format and are great for archiving or recovery.
We hope you enjoy using Notability, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
What's New in Version 6.5.1
*** Bug fixes in 6.5.1 ***
- Fixed a bug with converting PowerPoints into PDFs via Google Drive
- Fixed a few other bugs and crashes introduced in 6.5
*** What's new in 6.5 ***
This is a major update for Notability!
- Data detection of various types so you can:
-- Tap a URL to open it in your web browser.
-- Tap a date to show it, or to create an event for it in your calendar.
-- Tap an email address to start a message in your email app, or add contact.
-- Tap a phone number to dial it, send a message, or add contact.
-- Tap a street address to open it in Maps, get directions, or add contact.
- We updated the Scissor tool to include both freehand and rectangular selection methods. Tap the Scissor tool and select the method that suits your purpose. Now you can select and copy any content on a page, and paste it as an image, enhancing your note taking experience by giving you an efficient way to re-use content. For example, if you need more room to annotate a diagram, simply add a blank page, and copy & paste the diagram into it. To Tweet a portion of the page, select it and tap copy, then Share it via Twitter. To Message your selection, copy it, and paste in into Messages.
A couple of tips — after selecting and copying content, tap the screen to Paste Image. The resulting image can be re-sized and moved, and typing wraps around it. To re-select the image, tap the Typing tool and tap the image. If handwriting is included in the selection, you can scale, rotate, and paste it anywhere, just as before.
- Recovery of older versions of a note if iCloud syncing is enabled in Notability. To do this, tap and hold a note name in the library.
- Copy and Paste Notability lists now uses correct format.
- General bug fixes and improvements.
If you're enjoying Notability, we'd appreciate it if you took the time to leave us a review, thanks!
No need for killing trees
I've started using this app last year. The things I do with this app are just so amazing. My teachers are great; however, I may not always understand what they say or I may not catch what they said so the built in record function is great to capture all stuff that they say so I can go back later to listen to the lecture or listen to instructions. The drawing feature combined with the typing feature make note taking so much easier and faster. Also, the camera function or import photo option has saved my life so many times for taking notes on presentations. Whenever i have an online assignment I just import the PDF onto Notability and I take notes directly on the screen. And if you do need to print out your notes you can...I do not encourage this action though because you are wasting paper but if your teacher needs to see your notes for whatever reason you can definitely make this happen. To the developers, you have done an amazing job and encourage you to do more amazing work. I would say though I would love to see more themes because I love the themes you have already but more would be absolutely amazing...maybe a video game theme ;) Honestly though amazing app! Thank you for creating it!
NOOOOOO... why did you guys remove the copy and paste function of pages. Sometimes I have pages that are in another document and that i want to copy and paste into a different one. With the new update I cannot do that, please put that function back on!
I've had this app for about a year (I'm a medical student) and love the new upgrades with the trash can because I have thrown away things by accident and they were long gone. Also I love the copy and paste from other saved documents. Though one thing that I think is missing is a tabs at the top so you don't have to always go back and makes copying and pasting easier and looking through files. Maybe something similar to good reader or iannotate would be great! I have both but I love simplicity of noteability and how it automatically goes to all my devices! I can't wait for more updates!
Great app for grad school
I use this app to record lectures during doctoral classes, while making notes. I can import PDF note files and write over them, or I can take pictures of diagrams and equations written on a board. This is extremely useful, either way.
Playback is smooth, and you can share notes your own devices via iCloud, or you can export them to send to others (or, if they don't use Notability, it will export a combination of audio files and PDF files).
I often share notes with others, when they are out, and there is absolutely nothing like having a library of lectures, when you are studying for comps or reviewing previous courses come research or dissertation time. I just wish I'd found this at the very beginning of my course work!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 13, 2017
- Version: 6.5.1
- Size: 122 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bubblegum Pack$3.99